10197 - Fire Brigade

Spartikis

MK2 is a safe bet to go at the end of the year. Large technic sets have been consistent. The other three I'll predict R5, PS, EV. Just a guess. 

Keeping this on topic the FB is hitting $400 for FBA, very nice. 

Considering the drop in the CAD, that means getting more than $500 by next Christmas seems a slam dunk. Consider me pleased.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe around that price but probably not better. It would be a disaybfor a couenpf years and then I would like to sell. I am just weighing between this and buying some exclusives for double VIP. I would wager that owner fire brigade long-term, even used is going to be a smart move though...

• 1 month later...

I have a chance to buy a used 100% complete set 10197 Fire brigade from local seller. He asked $270 cash. Set is 100% complete and comes with both instruction booklets and original box.

Is it a good deal? Should I consider to buy as investment?

thanks!

I have a chance to buy a used 100% complete set 10197 Fire brigade from local seller. He asked $270 cash. Set is 100% complete and comes with both instruction booklets and original box.

Is it a good deal? Should I consider to buy as investment?

thanks!

you can still pick this up new at that price. NIB.

If you want to build it, yes buy it at $270. For Investment, it`s still not a bad buy, but you`ll need to hold it obviously. I`d lean more towards buying it, building it, keeping it for a while, then selling when the price is a higher. At least, that`s what I`d do it with it if I didn`t have one built already. Strictly for Investment though, I`d probably pass it off in favour of something else, otherwise you`re going to be looking at a pretty long hold. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Miami Bomb Squad said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Creator-10197-Fire-Brigade-Modular-Building-EMPTY-BOX-ONLY-Like-New-/151860823537?hash=item235b9c45f1:g:fVoAAOSwo0JWK~LI

I was just checking sold prices on this set and came across this.

This is insane.
I just want to know if the buyer is fully aware of what he's getting. 

I nominate for the Darwin award.

14 minutes ago, Miami Bomb Squad said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Creator-10197-Fire-Brigade-Modular-Building-EMPTY-BOX-ONLY-Like-New-/151860823537?hash=item235b9c45f1:g:fVoAAOSwo0JWK~LI

I was just checking sold prices on this set and came across this.

This is insane.
I just want to know if the buyer is fully aware of what he's getting. 

He sold a GG box too and the buyer isn't happy:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=aaplsh&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=151860823537&sspagename=VIP%3Afeedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Really interested in knowing even though buyers may not stand on a solid ground opening a SNAD case... but doesn't eBay always side with buyers as long as buyers say SNAD if they choose to open such cases?

Edited by cissi

22 minutes ago, cissi said:

He sold a GG box too and the buyer isn't happy:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=aaplsh&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=151860823537&sspagename=VIP%3Afeedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Really interested in knowing even though buyers may not stand on a solid ground opening a SNAD case... but doesn't eBay always side with buyers as long as buyers say SNAD if they choose to open such cases?

No, they don't always side with the buyer. Not reading the description will not get your money back.