10197 - Fire Brigade

Spartikis

Guest eightbrick

10197 is EOL

I wrote to Lego and this is the answer (in italian, of course!)

*snipped*

Thanks glucapg. Rough translation from google translate + me editing it after:

Thank you for your interest in LEGO

Guest TabbyBoy

So the waiting game begins (after the post EOL flood on eBay).....  Do I or do I not pop back into John Lewis this weekend for another one at

Guest eightbrick

So the waiting game begins (after the post EOL flood on eBay).....  Do I or do I not pop back into John Lewis this weekend for another one at

Guest TabbyBoy

Even so, haven't many more of these babies been produced (and horded)? I'm worried this could damage the secondary market returns. Hopefully not!

That's my concern and why I'm partly reluctant to buy more.  It wouldn't surprise me if say, 10,000 Cafe Corners and Green Grocers were made versus 500,000 Fire Brigades and Grand Emporiums.  It'd be nice if someone at Lego could leak factory production numbers to us.  I'm willing to put some coins in their brown envelope for that info.  Asia could open up a large customer base for us but, I would expect customs problems in India and China if the sets being sent there aren't current.  For example, you cannot import used or obsolete items into India above a certain value without government approval.  I work in IT and had to buy brand new PCs in Delhi locally at high cost rather then export ones from the UK that were 3 only months old.  Interesting times ahead I think.

That's my concern and why I'm partly reluctant to buy more.  It wouldn't surprise me if say, 10,000 Cafe Corners and Green Grocers were made versus 500,000 Fire Brigades and Grand Emporiums.  It'd be nice if someone at Lego could leak factory production numbers to us.  I'm willing to put some coins in their brown envelope for that info.  Asia could open up a large customer base for us but, I would expect customs problems in India and China if the sets being sent there aren't current.  For example, you cannot import used or obsolete items into India above a certain value without government approval.  I work in IT and had to buy brand new PCs in Delhi locally at high cost rather then export ones from the UK that were 3 only months old.  Interesting times ahead I think.

Thanks for your take on India, I wasn't aware of that.

As for the FB, I'm not expecting CC returns and it's not even one of my favorite modulars but I'd be disappointed with a <100% ROI by next Christmas!

Rather curious to see if it picks up!