10197 - Fire Brigade

Spartikis

Some of it will be the Christmas effect but as very few will be around in the next few months i suspect the price will be steady. If the set is really EOL, then it will be the litmus test as to how the other modulars will perform.

I know a lot of people also have the GE, which may be around for another year, but how many have the Pet Shop and the newer Modulars?

I think that people do not have many of the newer modulars because the FB has been out for so long. They may guess that the other modulars will be available for quite some time so they do not have many of the new ones right now.

The title of the thread is "Fire Brigade: Will it be discontinued soon?", but last 100 posts are about taxes, mexican borders, supraboy kids with or without lego, poor european customers....100 "update email" on my phone, no news about the FB....create another thread, please :-))

Fire Brigade, retiring soon, be sure to have one. There.

2-10197_fire_brigade_front.jpg

Guest TabbyBoy

My local John Lewis had 6 on the shelf yesterday with 10% off so, I left them alone as I have enough.  I thought they'd run out last week but, they are back!

I think that people do not have many of the newer modulars because the FB has been out for so long. They may guess that the other modulars will be available for quite some time so they do not have many of the new ones right now.

I have the GE, Petshop, but unloaded 5 of my Town Halls. Just bought another Petshop at $135 a few days ago looking to unload for $200CAD. From the feedback I've gotten so far, a lot of my buyers love the petshop and each time I have more stock of it, they would load up more at around $200CAD each. The PS seems to be a bigger seller than FB, but only time will tell. The Palace Cinema seem to attract less people, probably because it just came out and people think they've got time to load up.

I have the GE, Petshop, but unloaded 5 of my Town Halls. Just bought another Petshop at $135 a few days ago looking to unload for $200CAD. From the feedback I've gotten so far, a lot of my buyers love the petshop and each time I have more stock of it, they would load up more at around $200CAD each. The PS seems to be a bigger seller than FB, but only time will tell. The Palace Cinema seem to attract less people, probably because it just came out and people think they've got time to load up.

That is a possible reason that the Palace Cinema is not attracting many people right now. It came out earlier this year, and there are a lot of other modulars people want to get before they get the Palace Cinema.

The PetShop is by far the most popular modular for the past 9 months if not longer. It goes in the order of PetShop, Emporium, Bridgade, Town Hall, Cinema based in sales last time I checked on Amazon. Petshop is the only active set to have the red slanted part on the third floor to rebuild Cafe Corner for the parters. Kids, especially girls, would choose the PetShop before other modulars contribute to the popularity.

That is a possible reason that the Palace Cinema is not attracting many people right now. It came out earlier this year, and there are a lot of other modulars people want to get before they get the Palace Cinema.

It's possible, it rarely comes up on eBay. PC probably is attracting builders rather than resellers at the moment.

It's possible, it rarely comes up on eBay. PC probably is attracting builders rather than resellers at the moment.

Agreed, and the PC is really cheap on ebay. Sometimes, I get a few Buy It Nows for $135 plus shipping. I think it's a good time to stock up whenever people list them under 135. The only problem is offloading them. It takes a bit longer to dump the PC than the PS.

Very interesting observation. I did not notice that before. My guess is that the first year, mostly collectors will buy the set then in the second year more and more resellers will buy the set.

Very interesting observation. I did not notice that before. My guess is that the first year, mostly collectors will buy the set then in the second year more and more resellers will buy the set.

Since the PC has been out, there have only been 4 New auctions with an average price of