10197 - Fire Brigade

Spartikis

Well there are only 5 Fire Brigade's on eBay under $300.

It should be really interesting to see if it spikes for Thanksgiving and Christmas or if it will be slow going.

I'm hoping for a jump to $350.  Probably not in the cards.

I'm surprised that the set grew in value so quickly. I was expecting the set would be valued around $250-$275 by this Christmas 2014. Maybe we could see a jump in prices this Christmas to around $325-$350.

• Like 1

Well there are only 5 Fire Brigade's on eBay under $300.

It should be really interesting to see if it spikes for Thanksgiving and Christmas or if it will be slow going.

I'm hoping for a jump to $350. Probably not in the cards.

For Canadian sellers the lowest is about $350. After exchange and taxes on a 300 set that's where it's landing. We should see $400 by Xmas up here but with an MSRP of $200 plus tax we haven't quite doubled yet. I found five in Feb this year at a local TRU and If like to double my money. :)

• 1 month later...

What would you suggest for someone(me) who wants to purchase this set for personal build: buy it now at around 315 current ebay prices or do you think the price will drop after the Holidays are over?

After holidays the leftover sets will be raised in price to because less availability and sellers won't be as urgent to sell a month after the Christmas rush. Slow and steady with big $$$$
  • Like 1

After holidays the leftover sets will be raised in price to because less availability and sellers won't be as urgent to sell a month after the Christmas rush. Slow and steady with big $$$$

It will never get cheaper.....even less after the holidays when there will be fewer available.....

Great to know, thanks! Ordering now!

Isn't it fun to read the beginning of this thread and see all the declarations of imminent FB retirement in 2012?  Because it wasn't in a catalog, a Lego employee said it was retiring, etc...  Food for thought.  Predicting retirement (to within, say, a few months) before that final 'sold out' moment on LEGO Shop at Home seems next to impossible,

Edited by GhostDad

Yeah I guess I paid market price now but my mistake is still the same - I didnt know my list prices well enough and made an impulse buy based on pure greed thinking it was a bargain (I thought it cost 200).

With hindsight I would have got another Town Hall and got a couple more RIs with the change - am I right?

Yeah I guess I paid market price now but my mistake is still the same - I didnt know my list prices well enough and made an impulse buy based on pure greed thinking it was a bargain (I thought it cost 200).

With hindsight I would have got another Town Hall and got a couple more RIs with the change - am I right?

Triple-facepalm.jpg

Might aswel build it

Edited by Neosphinx

I just built the GE and have extra TH and PS for my personal collection ready to build. So now I'm in the same boat, wanting the the FB. Someone on Ebay is about to make some money.

And this is why any Modular is a long term winner. Each of these Modulars will reach very high values at some point. As more people buy and enjoy the new ones, they will then pay top dollar for older Modulars to complete their collection. Will it happen overnight? No. But it will happen.
  • Like 3

And this is why any Modular is a long term winner. Each of these Modulars will reach very high values at some point. As more people buy and enjoy the new ones, they will then pay top dollar for older Modulars to complete their collection. Will it happen overnight? No. But it will happen.

I'm already very happy with this set. First modular I invested in. If you tell me GE will grow at the same pace I'll gladly take it. 

Good morning. 

Were you collecting/investing when the Cafe Corner, Market Street, Green Grocer were introduced?

How were the price movements after eol? 

Similar to FB GE?

Thanks

Good morning. 

Were you collecting/investing when the Cafe Corner, Market Street, Green Grocer were introduced?

How were the price movements after eol? 

Similar to FB GE?

Thanks

Just around that time.  The growth was moderate and steady.  The Cafe Corner did not reach $1500+ in two years.