10197 - Fire Brigade

Spartikis

lego is not shipping its exclusives anymore to amazon/discount retailers. That's all.

The  B-Wing, he is EoL for sure. Disappeared from the official Lego.com website. That is silent kill of a line.

My 2c anyways

If FB woudl be EoL the better - but I think it's early to tell.

lego is not shipping its exclusives anymore to amazon/discount retailers. That's all.

The  B-Wing, he is EoL for sure. Disappeared from the official Lego.com website. That is silent kill of a line.

My 2c anyways

If FB woudl be EoL the better - but I think it's early to tell.

That's not what the lego store told me yesterday. I know they are not the most reliable of sources but they said in the UK at least, some retailers, like John Lewis for example, have deals to stock some of the exclusives. But not usually in their first year of production. John Lewis had both the Fire Brigade and the VW Camper yesterday.

Its not the first time it has gone to "Call to check for availability" so I wouldn't get too excited just yet. It is the set that refuses to retire.

It will be retired eventually, and probability of retirement increases exponentially with age. Retirement is a certainty in life, just like death and taxes.

There are more and more indications that FB and GE will be gone within months.

Yep. I just happen to see the fire brigade is Sold Out at LEGO Shop at Home USA. I passed on it due to how long its been for sale, and the amount of them hoarded by resellers. I think it will take a long time to make anything worth while on the FB. I know a Lego employee that is sitting on 105 of them! I put my $ elsewhere.

Guest TabbyBoy

I expect that this LEGO employee sitting on 105 FBs will need to start mailing out his/her resume if they are found out, taking a stupid risk I think.  I have 2 FBs and in no panic to buy any more.  The "very much alive and kicking star" will go first probably.  Think for a second... Why would LEGO discontinue a successful modular set if they are still selling 23,456,772 an hour?

Guest TabbyBoy

Does not matter if they retire... they will not see growth for ages to come lol

If at all - LOL.  I'm thinking of buying a load more for parts if I see a heavy discount as I'm going into MOCing soon.

I expect that this LEGO employee sitting on 105 FBs will need to start mailing out his/her resume if they are found out, taking a stupid risk I think.  I have 2 FBs and in no panic to buy any more.  The "very much alive and kicking star" will go first probably.  Think for a second... Why would LEGO discontinue a successful modular set if they are still selling 23,456,772 an hour?

He has been buying them every chance he gets since the FB came out, along with thousands of other sets. I just think money should have been spent elsewhere on better investments. I have given him a hard time about buying so many, and he only bought 2 of the zombies sets for example.

He has been buying them every chance he gets since the FB came out, along with thousands of other sets. I just think money should have been spent elsewhere on better investments. I have given him a hard time about buying so many, and he only bought 2 of the zombies sets for example.

LOL. Classic case of concentrated investment?

Guest TabbyBoy

"Sold Out" doesn't mean the end 100% as it may still come back to bite us on the arse.  However, I'm happy to see that it's at the same price in the US as the UK allowing for exchange rates.  We can compete on a set at last! ;-)

BTW.. Pet Shop has an expected ship date of 19DEC so buyers may look to eBay to get one for Xmas?