10197 - Fire Brigade

Spartikis

wish they would go EOL soon. I have Both, thought I was ahead of the game when I bought. Guess they will be stored for a few more years....Ouch!!

Don't feel bad, we all thought we were ahead of the game, ohwell I guess we will let them sit a couple more years.

I'm not particularly a big fan of the "Fire Brigade", but it is a nice design of the time frame it represents. I'm more of a 'cop guy' actually and want to see a modular police precinct. Heh, maybe I would like the set more if it looked something like the Ghostbusters firehouse!

The Fire Brigade hasn't been in the last 2 or 3 catalogs I believe.

Given the range of products that they now have, aren't most of them not in the catalogs these days?

I am going to stake my reputation on FB going in June.....

.... this is the reputation I am hoping to gain from being right about this. :)

Hi all, I visited my local Lego Store two days ago, and as I was browsing for another large set to invest in, one of the employees told me that the Fire Brigade was no longer orderable, and they only had eight sets left and that was it. So it appears that it is in fact EOL. I picked one up against my better judgment (my wife and I liked the Town Hall set a lot more), so I hope I didn't make a mistake, seeing how many people apparently own this set right now.

Hi all,

I visited my local Lego Store two days ago, and as I was browsing for another large set to invest in, one of the employees told me that the Fire Brigade was no longer orderable, and they only had eight sets left and that was it. So it appears that it is in fact EOL.

I picked one up against my better judgment (my wife and I liked the Town Hall set a lot more), so I hope I didn't make a mistake, seeing how many people apparently own this set right now.

I can see that you have just started out in Lego Investing, and congrats on joining up in the BrickPicker ranks! One of the many things that you eventually learn here is that the Lego employees speculate as much about EOL dates as we do. Many members say that they just say something will be gone soon so that they sell more sets. I am not trying to discredit you, but I just think that it may be out a little longer. We have gotten several false alarms about the Fire Brigade, Death Star, etc.

Hi all,

I visited my local Lego Store two days ago, and as I was browsing for another large set to invest in, one of the employees told me that the Fire Brigade was no longer orderable, and they only had eight sets left and that was it. So it appears that it is in fact EOL.

I picked one up against my better judgment (my wife and I liked the Town Hall set a lot more), so I hope I didn't make a mistake, seeing how many people apparently own this set right now.

While many people do have this set hoarded away I still think it will do okay once EOL, if it ever does EOL. Employees have been telling me for the past 2 years that it's EOLing and yet it still hasnt. Anyways I think it will still be an okay investment, not near as good as the older modulars though. Everyday more and more people are getting into Lego and adults are coming out of their dark ages, and because of this people that collect the modulars will want the FB so they can complete their modular collection. They will be willing to spend whatever it takes to acquire this set once it's retired.

I can see that you have just started out in Lego Investing, and congrats on joining up in the BrickPicker ranks! One of the many things that you eventually learn here is that the Lego employees speculate as much about EOL dates as we do. Many members say that they just say something will be gone soon so that they sell more sets. I am not trying to discredit you, but I just think that it may be out a little longer. We have gotten several false alarms about the Fire Brigade, Death Star, etc.

No worries, I am definitely new to this. I was considering the Haunted House (LOVE that set!) and some of the other modular city sets before the "tip". I figure if I make any profit at all off of it it won't be a loss.

I love the fire brigade, I wouldn't want a modular collection without it. I only have one so far, is it worth it to try to buy more now that everyone and their mother has a pile of these? Or should I just skip past it and start buying the GE's? I know a lot of people here have had their money tied up in this set for a good year or three already, if I bought at this point, I would see a much quicker ROI.

It is worth putting this aside, but I don't believe this will be a $1000 set in the future.

If you are patient with it, then the set will do ok eventually. There are other sets though that will probably do better, and give a decent return faster.

Such as all the Monster Fighter sets, excluding the Haunted House. I can picture those sets doing very nicely upon EOL! Definitely grab some Vampyre Castles and Ghost Trains!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped by my local Lego store. No FB on the shelves and the staff said they are not receiving new shipments and it is to be retired soon. Looks like online is the only way to buy the set, its not listed as to be retired soon but im sure it will be. Going to buy a few of the sets myself.

~S

It is worth putting this aside, but I don't believe this will be a $1000 set in the future.

If you are patient with it, then the set will do ok eventually. There are other sets though that will probably do better, and give a decent return faster.

agreed, this set wont be the next Market Street or anything, its be for sale for way to long and too many people are investing in them but i see no reason why it wont at least double maybe even triple in value within a few years of retirement.

Funny, I saw this in stock at almost every store I went to, Columbus, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Chicago and Shuamberg. In fact, a few of the store managers I spoke with mentioned that they had stacks of them in the back of the store and had space reserved for it for the rest of the year.

Funny, I saw this in stock at almost every store I went to, Columbus, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Chicago and Shuamberg. In fact, a few of the store managers I spoke with mentioned that they had stacks of them in the back of the store and had space reserved for it for the rest of the year.

I was in the Cincinnati lego store on Saturday, they were completely sold out and thats when i was told they were not receiving new shipments and they were guessing it was to be retired. I cant speak for any other stores but thats the case for Cincinnati.