10197 - Fire Brigade

Spartikis

Not to my knowledge will they be repacked. I heard from another thread on another site that a modification needed to happen to the chandelier to make it more sturdy, not to the degree of needed to repack previous versions. That is if the issue was the chandelier, they would not tell me specifics on what the issue was. The price should remain the same.

Not to my knowledge will they be repacked. I heard from another thread on another site that a modification needed to happen to the chandelier to make it more sturdy, not to the degree of needed to repack previous versions. That is if the issue was the chandelier, they would not tell me specifics on what the issue was. The price should remain the same.

Why can't you share links with us?

Lego just made a fresh batch of Grand Emporium due to a glitch with some of the pieces (I believe it was the chandelier) and that is why they were out before Christmas and now back in stock. Not sure how many they made though. Also new corner set (Cinema) coming out soon so who knows?

It took them 3 years to find a "glitch" in the set? I guess I never had a problem with my chandelier building my GE, but I would hate for a nasty fall, potentially killing one of my minifigs.

I guess I never had a problem with my chandelier building my GE, but I would hate for a nasty fall, potentially killing one of my minifigs.

Now we need a modular "News Station" to report that. It would go something like this,

"Earlier today at the Grand Emporium, a death was caused by a faulty chandelier. It fell for no apparent reason and completely decapitated the minifig, popping off his head. Which in turn bounced off a wall and hit a passing by cyclist. Causing the cyclist to crash into a nearby garbage truck, striking the hand lever on the back which released the trash, killing a dog....and some guy named Fritz."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd imagine it will go EOL soon but it has been around for SOOO long that so many are sitting on copies. Amazon have been listing it for a silly bargain price of $119 since Christmas. Over 5500 people have it on the 'owned' list on Brickset. I suspect the only way for prices on this one to really soar is for new AFOLs to come out of their Dark Ages and start hunting for the old modulars...

It gotta be close to EOL, been around for over 3 years!!!! The fact they don't mention it in the Palace Cinema description is a sign its pending delisted status, but then again, the Emporium has been around almost as long, that will probably next to go (not too soon, i have still not bought it :))

Over 5500 people have it on the 'owned' list on Brickset.

Same thing with the Grand Emporium. 5,359 sets owned. I think the modulars have become the most-purchased theme with all the investors. They first couple releases did so well that everyone wanted to get in on the action. But now everyone has them.

Just a quick report for everyone interested. Here are the numbers of sets owned according to Brickset. Obviously, these numbers should be taken with a grain of salt, but nonetheless, here they are...

10197 - Fire Brigade: 5,351

10211 - Grand Emporium: 5,359

10218 - Pet Shop: 4,044

10224 - Town Hall: 2,641

Interestingly, the Haunted House is still only at 1,674.

After what felt like an eternity of being discounted at $119, the Fire Brigade is finally back up to full price on Amazon. They still have over a thousand units in stock though. Not sure what this means for the Fire Brigade, but those of us who paid full price for it can feel a little better again. :)

Based on what others have said you are supposed to be able to put it in your cart and then change the quantity to 999 and it will show you how many are left. I just tried this and it was going to let me buy all 999 of them. So either that means they have more than 999 or I didn't do the trick right.

Based on what others have said you are supposed to be able to put it in your cart and then change the quantity to 999 and it will show you how many are left. I just tried this and it was going to let me buy all 999 of them. So either that means they have more than 999 or I didn't do the trick right.

Lol, you did it right. I don't think it would actually allow you to buy all 999 of them. Once you get far enough in the checkout process it would have stopped you.

Somewhere in a thread, somebody mentioned that Amazon had 2,500 of something. Not sure how they figured that out though.

At the very least the set should always be worth around $150. I think this set will still be good, it's just going to take a really long time to get there. It probably won't reach Green Grocer levels for 10 years, if ever. I think the sweet spot on retired sets is going to be moving from 2-3 years to more like 3-5 years. For sets like the Death Star and Fire Brigade that have been around for an extended period of time, it will probably be more like 6-10 years before you see really great returns.

At the very least the set should always be worth around $150. I think this set will still be good, it's just going to take a really long time to get there. It probably won't reach Green Grocer levels for 10 years, if ever. I think the sweet spot on retired sets is going to be moving from 2-3 years to more like 3-5 years. For sets like the Death Star and Fire Brigade that have been around for an extended period of time, it will probably be more like 6-10 years before you see really great returns.

Mos_Eisley, out of any of us you probably have the most sets collected and I don't think anyone collects that many without know what they are doing and learning a crapload along the way. So I trust very highly in your opinions. In any case is it possible that investors just didn't hoard this set like we think they did? It seems that any investor who knows what they are doing would assume that this set it going to be bought up like crazy so maybe they skip it. With enough investors thinking this way maybe there aren't as many out there as we think?

From Brickset 10182 Cafe Corner 2940 people own this set 10185 Green Grocer 3927 people own this set 10211 Grand Emporium 5376 people own this set 10197 Fire Brigade 5366 people own this set 10218 Pet Shop 4059 people own this set 10224 Town Hall 2651 people own this set Not sure if this tells us anything but maybe someone can give their thoughts on these numbers.