10197 - Fire Brigade

Spartikis

According to a employee in my local lego store we will see the FB and GE out for atleast another year or more due to it selling so well. Im afraid for investors in this you will eventualy make money back after they have stoped being made and more collectors and enthusiasts are added each year and want to get them which could be awhile you wont be making much money off of these at all. Some of this hype in keeping them running is proably due to so many people buying to resell thats effecting how lego decides what to keep and what to scrap modulars are doing quite well and will continue to with investors added to the normal consumer bunch. sorry for bad spelling and grammar English i did not do so great in.

Yeah I think that was just some naive wishful thinking on my part. I've noticed a very strong pattern of larger sets going EOL at the end of the year so I'll assume the same will hold true for FB and GE. I guess the big question is what year-end that'll happen. Anyway, I only have 2 sets of each so they can sit in a closet for a few years. Could be a lot worse (i.e. stockpile of Death Stars)

Just received this month's Lego Catalog for Spring 2013 and noticed that Fire Brigade was the only 1 of the 5 modulars not listed. Hopefully, that is a good sign.

Yeah could be, thanks for the info.

Now the question will be how long to hold for as the investors/hoarders pull out the million they have stashed away! :)

Just received this month's Lego Catalog for Spring 2013 and noticed that Fire Brigade was the only 1 of the 5 modulars not listed. Hopefully, that is a good sign.

I don't think we can base whether or not a set is being discontinued solely on the fact that it wasn't in the Catalog. In the past sets have been absent from the Catalog but still been available. 10188 and 10193 are two examples that come to mind. The Fire Brigade isn't going anywhere in my opinion, but I'd love to be wrong ;)

I don't think we can base whether or not a set is being discontinued solely on the fact that it wasn't in the Catalog. In the past sets have been absent from the Catalog but still been available. 10188 and 10193 are two examples that come to mind. The Fire Brigade isn't going anywhere in my opinion, but I'd love to be wrong ;)

Rich, I hope you are wrong, as I am holding a couple too. I guess we need to wait and see!

Rich, I hope you are wrong, as I am holding a couple too. I guess we need to wait and see!

Yeah I've been sitting on a few myself for quite some time. I would love to be wrong! Haha. As I said, sometimes sets not being in the Lego Catalog means they're going EOL, other times it means nothing. 10193 was available for 6 years and it wasn't in every catalog. There are other sets that have been absent, but still didn't retire.

Now I will say, as emazers already said in a different thread earlier today, The MF line is absent in the new catalog, except for the Haunted House. If these this line is truely going EOL soon (which I believe they are), I'm curious to see if Lego lists them as "retiring soon" later this year prior to them getting retired, or will they just retire them without saying anything. Time will tell I guess.

Yeah I've been sitting on a few myself for quite some time. I would love to be wrong! Haha. As I said, sometimes sets not being in the Lego Catalog means they're going EOL, other times it means nothing. 10193 was available for 6 years and it wasn't in every catalog. There are other sets that have been absent, but still didn't retire.

Now I will say, as emazers already said in a different thread earlier today, The MF line is absent in the new catalog, except for the Haunted House. If these this line is truely going EOL soon (which I believe they are), I'm curious to see if Lego lists them as "retiring soon" later this year prior to them getting retired, or will they just retire them without saying anything. Time will tell I guess.

I am actually holding some of these also. I have seen some posts on here about LEGO re-introducing some sets. Wonder if that will happen closer to Halloween?

I am actually holding some of these also. I have seen some posts on here about LEGO re-introducing some sets. Wonder if that will happen closer to Halloween?

Re-introducing which sets??