75920 - Raptor Escape

Jeff Mack

There was only SOLD OUT and no "we're making more" for Tower Of Orthanc for a few weeks and then it came back to orderable yesterday.

These statuses mean almost nothing.

Agree, can't draw any conclusions to it. On the other hand wonkiness in statuses is a step toward being done. Up to this point, RE hasn't been Call to Check yet.

Even if RE comes back at Lego stores, I don't think it's going to flood Walmarts again.

• Like 1

I wouldn't put too much thought into SAH statuses.  TLG execs have them changed, then come here to see the resulting fallout.  It's good entertainment when they need a break from counting money.

That's not what the cousin of the local LEGO assistant store manager's neighbor told me. :P

• Like 1

Given the discrepancies in shop at home status for a number of sets over the last several months (especially recently), I don't know that I believe that 'sold out' or 'call to check availability' necessarily means anything.  It did last fall and winter, but not now.

It means nothing at this point. The only label I believe, and this one does not necessarily appear on all sets, is the Retired Product tag.

The problem now with JW is that all the "johnny come lately investors" are scarfing up whatever sets come out online, and this in turn is just creating a race to the bottom on amazon and ebay.  Prices haven't done anything in a few weeks, and seems to have stagnated and started to drop.  So at this point, i'm starting to think money is better spent on other things than JW.  The only sets i'd say won't the be the case are RE or GT. 

The problem now with JW is that all the "johnny come lately investors" are scarfing up whatever sets come out online, and this in turn is just creating a race to the bottom on amazon and ebay.  Prices haven't done anything in a few weeks, and seems to have stagnated and started to drop.  So at this point, i'm starting to think money is better spent on other things than JW.  The only sets i'd say won't the be the case are RE or GT. 

I'm amused when someone who joined 6 months ago labels others "johnny come lately investors"

• Like 7

I'm amused when someone who joined 6 months ago labels others "johnny come lately investors"

Sorry... I couldn't beat your April 2014 join date. 

Point is that once the mass hoarding begins, the race to the bottom usually begins.  So, be amused, but statistics don't lie.  Here's some facts for you moose, since you always like to be a force of "insight".  2 weeks ago, 25 listings on amazon, prices were nearing 90.  Today, almost 90 resellers prices down to 68.00.  At that price, you're pretty much looking at making a few bucks.  No thanks.  I can make more money contracting ..

Edited by fossilrock