75920 - Raptor Escape

Jeff Mack

Sorry... I couldn't beat your April 2014 join date. 
Point is that once the mass hoarding begins, the race to the bottom usually begins.  So, be amused, but statistics don't lie. Here's some facts for you moose, since you always like to be a force of "insight".  2 weeks ago, 25 listings on amazon, prices were nearing 90.  Today, almost 90 resellers prices down to 68.00.  At that price, you're pretty much looking at making a few bucks.  No thanks.  I can make more money contracting ..

No one asked you to beat anything...and I understand your Dino-Economic Theory. The point (as you put it) is that you can make a point without being condescending...and I am amused, because statistics lie ALL the time (Google "statistical fallacy" if you don't believe me). Knowledge is power!

I appreciate you thinking I have some insight to share, that means a lot to me. I also take great pleasure that when I do, I don't have to be an a**-h*** about it.

Edited by themoose9

No one asked you to beat anything...and I understand your Dino-Economic Theory. The point (as you put it) is that you can make a point without being condescending.

...and I am amused, because statistics lie ALL the time (Google "statistical fallacy" if you don't believe me). Knowledge is power!

Well, obviously your seniority is way above mine, so you win.

Back on July 14th, if I would have bought into the whims of the average poster on this site, the Death Star would be at 650.00 by now, and all those that were in for 5 more would be rolling in it.  It's been sitting at 575, and barely moving in any direction.  Once the reseller numbers go up like they are with the JW sets, it's a race to the bottom.  This happens quite a bit.  It's going to take a while for these numbers to thin, and I think the "easy money gravy train" that is promoted by some is overrated.  Sooo.. knowledge is power. 

Edited by fossilrock

Well, obviously your seniority is way above mine, so you win.

Just because I don't consider myself less than you doesn't mean I consider myself more.

Just because somebody joined here 6 months ago doesn't necessarily mean they just began investing in Lego 6 months ago. 

You're absolutely right, I took issue with the characterization. Just because someone buys JW sets also doesn't mean they are a new investor. We all have goals.

So much kindness here I miss the olden days

is this brick picker or nit picker ?

Can you start a poll?!?  "Nit Picker" would be a great thread...

• Like 2

I did miss the olden days when Trek contributed great things to this site.  Did anyone remember the Daily Summary posts ? ;)

I do too as it gave me something to complain about when he missed those daily summary posts...

you mean you're not holding these until post EOL?

well yeah they are retiring soon right?

• Like 2