75920 - Raptor Escape

Jeff Mack

RE is still dancing at LEGO Shop at Home. Was available earlier today with a ship date of 08/09 and then it went to ship in 30 days and now it's back to sold out.

What's interesting/confusing is that the ship date has consistently been 8/9 after who know how many cycles of Available/Ship date of Aug 9/Sold Out.

None of this makes sense to me. Seems strange that they may have underproduced these things and been so wrong on the demand. Then again see Persia, Prince of, and other examples.

I don't buy the explanation that it's about clearing the decks for Star Wars - they've only announced like 8 new sets coming right? Shouldn't influence current lines THAT much?

• Like 2

Just found 5 at a local walmart on lunch break. 

One interesting item of note. I see current date stamps on lots of Jurassic Sets,( in the 20R5-25R5 week range). But for this set i only ever see 09R5 and 10R5. (March).

Has anyone seen more recent date seals on this set than 9 & 10?

Just found 5 at a local walmart on lunch break. 

One interesting item of note. I see current date stamps on lots of Jurassic Sets,( in the 20R5-25R5 week range). But for this set i only ever see 09R5 and 10R5. (March).

Has anyone seen more recent date seals on this set than 9 & 10?

IIRC, I thought a May date was reported. I tried to find it but was unsuccessful & I could be wrong as I'm going by memory...

Is there any other information to correlate this besides speculation? I like speculation I'm just trying to confirm there are not any facts here.

None, except the S@H out of stock labels and the WM exclusivity.  Most everyone is speculating...

• Like 1

I'd be cautious of placing an order of 5 at once though.  That's a pure reseller flag and could possibly be a trap towards banishment.  Anymore, I don't trust lego.com as a safe source for buying multiples, but I personally wouldn't mind a few more of these sets, especially raptor rampages.  

I'd be cautious of placing an order of 5 at once though.  That's a pure reseller flag and could possibly be a trap towards banishment.  Anymore, I don't trust lego.com as a safe source for buying multiples, but I personally wouldn't mind a few more of these sets, especially raptor rampages.  

its the limit .... youre totally safe .... the big problem here is what other stuff have you been buying from them very recently that will flag you!

Agreed, and I don't think Lego is getting many more.  I ordered more from them when shipping was 8/9 but have been reluctant to order any more.

If these retire so soon, it will be like no other set I've ever seen (I wasn't around for the zombies)... but even if it happens, isn't there a chance that Walmart will get one last shipment in the next few days? A 30 minute blast on Walmart.com?  It seems I recall seeing other sets retire this way... 1. Goes OOS everywhere, 2. Temporary OOS at Lego.com, ship date Novembruary 20th, 3. Pops up at Walmart (or other retailer) around Novembruary 12th (sells out in 30 minutes), 4. Lego.com ships some of the backorders Novembruary 16th, cancels others.

The retailers get theirs, before Lego.com ships to individuals.  Maybe?  I guess we'll know in the next week or so.