75920 - Raptor Escape

Jeff Mack

A better wager would be if Star Wars is the highest grossing movie of all time. 

I know we're getting off topic here but how could it not be!? There isn't too many stories that cross 3 generations and will soon have a trilogy of trilogies! I'd wager one of my 10224 TH for a 10212 IS on it.

This is how you know when we're into full chaos:

Leading up to it people will be buying their "tools" so that they can become part of the "Awakened Force".  For those sitting outside Chinese theater for 2 weeks you could sell a few DS and Bwings to keep them occupied.

I remember the lines for LOTR as well as the SW prequels.  I can't think of many activities better suited to keeping you entertained while camping in line for 2 weeks than building a UCS set or MOCing Yoda :)

Gandalf eating a Filet 'o Fish is the best.  I actually met the girl (the Padme or Beru, whoever) and the guy in the Obi-Wan robe behind her in line at Star Wars Celebration III.  Triumph Nerds!!!

Edited by exciter1
  • Like 2

I would say the single biggest thing that could hold back the movie merchandising for SW EP7 would be the economy.  Between now and then lies October/November which are never good months.  If Yellen (the Fed) opens her mouth the wrong way and stocks tumble then all that free middle class money that would get spent on toys might be hoarded into a mattress instead of flowing into your eBay account.

I remember some of you commenting how your sales in 2009 when the economy was tanking were actually decent.  I don't have any experience from back then.  From a disposable income view, I think that is the only thing keeping this SW from becoming the best seller of all time.

[quote timestamp=1437408382 name="Darth_Raichu" uid=10443]Lol. It looks like I am the only one watching from the sidelines :drag: 

Nope. Me too. I'll hold the clipboard. You can fill the cups with Gatorade.

You can call me the waterboy. Tried to join the game but my walmart orders for store pick up got cancelled.

I would say the single biggest thing that could hold back the movie merchandising for SW EP7 would be the economy.  Between now and then lies October/November which are never good months.  If Yellen (the Fed) opens her mouth the wrong way and stocks tumble then all that free middle class money that would get spent on toys might be hoarded into a mattress instead of flowing into your eBay account.

I remember some of you commenting how your sales in 2009 when the economy was tanking were actually decent.  I don't have any experience from back then.  From a disposable income view, I think that is the only thing keeping this SW from becoming the best seller of all time.

People still buy their children Christmas presents when times are hard . the rich will still be rich

[quote timestamp=1437408382 name="Darth_Raichu" uid=10443]Lol. It looks like I am the only one watching from the sidelines :drag: 

You can call me the waterboy. Tried to join the game but my walmart orders for store pick up got cancelled.

I guess that means I am Lucas.  Trying to get in, but probably won't.  When I do finally get in the game,  I'll drop the game winning pass from Charlie Sheen.  Translation:  I will try unsuccessfully to buy some, then, when I finally do I'll pay full RRP.  Two weeks later they will show up for 50% off.

• Like 1

On a related note 75917 is now gone from Toys "R" Us   Website for shipping 

:)

This will be a popular set. It has the raptors, the main characters, a vehicle and most importantly, priced affordable! If I can only buy one set for a child as gift, this set will be my choice.

Anyone that wants to get into the game…well..

If September 4th rolls around, and these are still out of stock, I might consider a trade of 1 Sandcrawler, 1 EV, and 1 Kylo Ren Ship for a complete set of JW (75915, 75916, 75917, 75918, 75919, 75920 & 30320).  You can ride the profits from 2x to 4x and above.  And of course, i'll still ride that wave too, since I'm about to have 3 more complete sets to spare.

:cigar:

Edited by fossilrock

I know we're getting off topic here but how could it not be!? There isn't too many stories that cross 3 generations and will soon have a trilogy of trilogies! I'd wager one of my 10224 TH for a 10212 IS on it.

My dad is flying across the country so that he can see it on opening weekend with me and my son. People are going to lose their freakin' minds when Star Wars hits theaters.

• Like 3

$76.95 earlier today

And they are selling at that price too, because the lady currently selling started with 8 this morning, she's now down to 2.  The amount of sellers went down to 26 at one point, then rose, then fell, then rose again, but never above 30.  So people undercutting below the prime price are also selling them.

Is anyone bothering with the Pteranodon and Dilophosaurus sets? Obviously there are more of them and they're much less exciting than the bigger sets, but is it worth nabbing some if the JW theme really is making a quick exit?

Edited by johnwray

Is anyone bothering with the Pteranodon and Dilophosaurus sets? Obviously there are more of them and they're much less exciting than the bigger sets, but is it worth nabbing some if the JW set really is making a quick exit?

The small sets from the last Dino series were good for a 40% profit. If this theme is really gone that could mean $50 each down the line. Also they are cheap and easy to ship.

The Dilophosaurus and Pteranodon were the only 2 sets I haven't acquired since they were the easiest to land and were found mostly everywhere.  My son had both sets, which we opened and that was very early when they were released.  Both sets aren't too bad, in my opinion.  I think the Dilophosaurus is definitely the better one, and it comes with one of the main characters.  

But, I ordered 4 of each today.  I didn't want to be without mint boxes and wanted at least 4 complete sets that were MIB (hopefully they arrive that way)… As far as i'm concerned, i'm not going any deeper on JW unless I can snag a few more Raptor Rampages.  If these things come back, then i'll feel a little foolish, I guess, until they retire.  But, it's part of the gamble.  

Just sold a RE for 77.77 on Amazon. Sent one in that box was little smoothed.  That's only one I'm sending for awhile. 

Can't wait to see what the price on this set will be by end of the week. Its been going up very nicely over the last few days. I sold a 75919 few hours ago at $189.95 ^_^. Next unit is priced at $199 

Edited by tacsniper