75920 - Raptor Escape

Jeff Mack

Just something to think about for the "rarity" of this set.   Just in the last 3 days or so at least a half dozen members who have posted have found 10-25 of them.   Compare that to the arctic supply plane which very few people found any and those that did might of found 5-10.  Things that go away quietly without notice like ASP are the ones that tend to do the 3x, 4x in value.  While searching for these the better Raptor set has been the one that sold most with most of members on here buying up RE because of it being WM exclusive.  I would bet that for 25 RE that you find at WM you might find 5-10 RR.  Better build, better figs, better dino characters as far as movie relation and probably what kids truly want for that reasono.  This was a cheaper set with more pieces which WM usually likes for there exclusives to offer value to customers.  Unfortunately it really isn't that great of a set other than the fact it appears shorter availability as you could only get it and LEGO, LL, LLDC and WM.  If the set were to be done and not restocked for whatever reason and RR was available then there is not a lot of value compared to RR as parents will just buy that set if this one gets to high.  Most of the JW line has been fueled by kids which is what is was designed for.  Sure you'll have a few set completionists (here's looking at a certain fellow member who loves JP/JW) but it really has nothing special to offer than the lesser raptors and lesser figs and a weirdly constructed dino pen.

Are you saying you are not participating in the RE (rumored) early retirement festivities ? :D (I know I am watching from the sidelines :D )

Are you saying you are not participating in the RE (rumored) early retirement festivities ? :D (I know I am watching from the sidelines :D )

already said I flipped 50 of them lol.  Biggest problem with the set for making money was not good buy in prices.   I did buy some well before a lot with WS promos.  2 in store with 1 WS or 10% off at Legoland was best buy in for me.  That is biggest issue with a WM exclusive.  Not many options for getting cheaper.

Here is the price history for this set

https://dyn.keepa.com/v2/pricehistory.png?domain=com&asin=B00X11QI1A

$57.99 on July 13
$72 on July 20

it also has gone up and down during that period.  It was 61.99 last night.  I check it multiple times throughout the day and it flucuates between 62 and 72 daily

already said I flipped 50 of them lol.  Biggest problem with the set for making money was not good buy in prices.   I did buy some well before a lot with WS promos.  2 in store with 1 WS or 10% off at Legoland was best buy in for me.  That is biggest issue with a WM exclusive.  Not many options for getting cheaper.

it also has gone up and down during that period.  It was 61.99 last night.  I check it multiple times throughout the day and it flucuates between 62 and 72 daily

Yeah, buy in price and abundant of stock as of two weeks ago were my reasons for not executing on this one..   C'est la vie

I just reread The Zombies forum. Pretty interesting as some people were dead on & some not so much...it's unfortunate that the forum didn't start until after it was clear the set was gone but at least RE forum started early enough to catch some thoughts...

• Like 1

Yep, for all we know, WM may receive containers full of JW / RE sets ready for immediate deployment... :dontknow:

Very true...

As for SW main, I have a feeling there's going to be sooo much on the shelves, margins will be thin.  I remember EP1 very well.  Many of us thought the same way back then.  TRU had isles dedicated to SW merchandise.  Also, after reading through the setlist it's evident there is nothing that is completely new in this first wave.  The lack of uniqueness is a little troubling.  I was hoping for something very unique in this early wave, and it looks like most of the sets are all just rehashes of things we've seen before..

There will be some Star Wars mania, but once the market is saturated and the movie is out a few weeks, the products will again find there way to the clearance racks.  I find it hard to believe folks will buy many action figures at $13 each and it's hard to tell what other prices they'll slap on the products.  The LEGO sales will also slow after the first of the year.  Most of the quick flip cash will be in Star Wars sets this holiday season, IMO.  We will know better in October after seeing how well they are stocked.

JJ and co. better crank up the hype train the 2 months before release.  I think Jurassic World could have also benefited from some expanded marketing.

Edited by exciter1

Very true...

As for SW main, I have a feeling there's going to be sooo much on the shelves, margins will be thin.  I remember EP1 very well.  Many of us thought the same way back then.  TRU had isles dedicated to SW merchandise.  Also, after reading through the setlist it's evident there is nothing that is completely new in this first wave.  The lack of uniqueness is a little troubling.  I was hoping for something very unique in this early wave, and it looks like most of the sets are all just rehashes of things we've seen before..

I think part of the problem with the first wave is that they can't reveal anything...
  • Like 1

I just reread The Zombies forum. Pretty interesting as some people were dead on & some not so much...it's unfortunate that the forum didn't start until after it was clear the set was gone but at least RE forum started early enough to catch some thoughts...

Good times!  The best $40 *n I ever spent :money: 

(just reminiscing about old time. I could not tell if RE is the next Zombies) 

• Like 1

While I think the new Star Wars film will be a hit, it won't be like 1999 all over again.  The Prequels have soured a lot of people on Star Wars.  The nostalgic nods to the original films will help, but I don't see it doing Jurassic World numbers.

This movie has Han Solo and the Millennium Falcon in it...Nuff said....LOL.  I guarantee you that this film will top JW.  I have done a lot of research on the movie and people who have worked on it and have seen the rough edits say it's fantastic...a true homage to the Original Trilogy.  

Do you think the chaos will begin when the products hit the shelves or after the movie is out?

It's already starting isn't it?

• Like 2

This movie has Han Solo and the Millennium Falcon in it...Nuff said....LOL.  I guarantee you that this film will top JW.  I have done a lot of research on the movie and people who have worked on it and have seen the rough edits say it's fantastic...a true homage to the Original Trilogy.  

Lol everyone involved pretty much said this would be a mix of old and new movie making tech but politely refused to mention ep 1-3 :D

This is how you know when we're into full chaos:

Leading up to it people will be buying their "tools" so that they can become part of the "Awakened Force".  For those sitting outside Chinese theater for 2 weeks you could sell a few DS and Bwings to keep them occupied.

I remember the lines for LOTR as well as the SW prequels.  I can't think of many activities better suited to keeping you entertained while camping in line for 2 weeks than building a UCS set or MOCing Yoda :)

• Like 2