75060 - UCS: Slave I

kerrmando

1 minute ago, baschloinka said:

Is this a widespread find, or more of a one-off?  (Just trying to assess how angry I should be that my TRU doesn't have any on the shelf.)

There have been a few reports.  Not at my TRU yet either. I don't see how they'd have room for it really.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, baschloinka said:

Is this a widespread find, or more of a one-off?  (Just trying to assess how angry I should be that my TRU doesn't have any on the shelf.)

At least 5 or 6 pickers have found 1 or 2 on the shelves with actual shelf labels. It was wide spread enough to assume these weren't just returns like folks find at Target or Walmart from time-to-time.

Also these were all NON flagship stores that tend to have these sets anyway. This was not Times Square or Mall of Americas, or Vegas strip, etc. 

That being said, this seems to be extremely rare and nobody has reported a restock yet.

I've tried looking for more stock via the website but dont see any near me, so maybe it was a brief fluke, or maybe it was a test for future roll-out. Nobody knows.

Edited by mudcatsfan

22 minutes ago, binici said:

I found two Slave I sets at a TRU I hardly frequent because of location. Suffice to say, I placed one on hold to try using the coupon + my rewards on one. The other box is a bit dinged up. If all goes well, I'll report back!

good work, and good luck!

1 hour ago, binici said:

I found two Slave I sets at a TRU I hardly frequent because of location. Suffice to say, I placed one on hold to try using the coupon + my rewards on one. The other box is a bit dinged up. If all goes well, I'll report back!

Why wouldn't it work? The coupon is legit, now officially available in print-out version as well as a mobile version. So consider it 20% off plus whatever rewards you have.

5 minutes ago, MrJ-NY said:

Bought a Slave 1 off shelf last week using other coupons & discounted giftcards.Today I found 2 Slave 1 on shelf at another location but both had badly creased boxes,useless (sigh)

Wish I had that "problem". I would buy a creased-box Slave I for a 20+% discount in a heartbeat.

• Like 9

I found a gorgeous Slave I on the shelf this morning at local TRU, used the 20% coupon and paid with discounted gift cards (that were obtained for a total of 25% discount from eBay deals, etc.) to get total down to $127, without using any rewards or other discounts. Also came with a free Ninjago flyer. Happy Friday to me. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, damnsanders said:

So I found a slave 1 on the shelf. I picked up the box and it sounded like there were loose pieces inside. All the seals seemed intact. Just wondering if anyone can tell me if this is normal.

Yes, Canopy and UCS plate are loose. 

• Like 2

On March 10, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Phil B said:

Why wouldn't it work? The coupon is legit, now officially available in print-out version as well as a mobile version. So consider it 20% off plus whatever rewards you have.

Please don't roast me if the answer is obvious, but where can I print out said coupon? It's not on their website. 

A local regular customer of mine who works part time at TRU every year during the holidays shed some light on why some stores have this in stock and some don't. Apparently, some select stores recently had a Nexo Knights build event. These stores were sent two Slave I's to display during the event, and then they were to be sold afterwards. I'm not sure if they will be restocked once sold, but I'm leaning towards no. It appears to have just been a marketing ploy by Lego to get this beautiful set out in front of people. Dad brings Junior to TRU for the Nexo Knights build event, and while he is waiting he spots the Slave I. Now Dad is hooked on Lego too. I'm not sure on the accuracy of this information, so take it for what it's worth, but it seems plausible. TRU has never stocked large exclusives regularly, so why now all of a sudden? I don't attend any build events, so can anyone who attended the Nexo Knight event confirm if they also had the Slave I in their store, and vice versa? My local store does not have any, and no space or tags allocated for it. The store 25 miles away does. This is where my customer works. They had the event, and they received two. He bought one. I'm hoping the other one lasts until Thursday.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

A local regular customer of mine who works part time at TRU every year during the holidays shed some light on why some stores have this in stock and some don't. Apparently, some select stores recently had a Nexo Knights build event. These stores were sent two Slave I's to display during the event, and then they were to be sold afterwards. I'm not sure if they will be restocked once sold, but I'm leaning towards no. It appears to have just been a marketing ploy by Lego to get this beautiful set out in front of people. Dad brings Junior to TRU for the Nexo Knights build event, and while he is waiting he spots the Slave I. Now Dad is hooked on Lego too. I'm not sure on the accuracy of this information, so take it for what it's worth, but it seems plausible. TRU has never stocked large exclusives regularly, so why now all of a sudden? I don't attend any build events, so can anyone who attended the Nexo Knight event confirm if they also had the Slave I in their store, and vice versa? My local store does not have any, and no space or tags allocated for it. The store 25 miles away does. This is where my customer works. They had the event, and they received two. He bought one. I'm hoping the other one lasts until Thursday.

As far as I know, there was no build event last Saturday?  They had one for Nexo Knights several weeks ago.

1 minute ago, exciter1 said:

Ah, so I guess you're hoping the Slave 1 has lasted there the past few weeks?

In my area $200 exclusives don't go flying off the shelves, even with coupon magic. We just got the new 20% coupon last week, right? Around me there doesn't seem to be very much competition from a picking perspective, at least for large sets. There is usually only one other person posting on a semi-regular basis on the local craigs, and it's usually for used incomplete junk they acquire from garage sales. These Slave I's could have easily sat on the shelf for the past two or three weeks. I don't frequent the store that has them because it's a 25 mile drive, so that's why I just found out today that they have one left. I'm just trying to figure out why TRU is carrying this set all of a sudden, and only in select stores. If the event was two or three weeks ago that would make sense. Isn't that when people first started to report seeing them? It will be interesting to hear if the people who purchased one gets a restock. I hope they keep us posted. While it would be nice to load up on this set at a nice discount, we all know what TRU carrying an exclusive can do to it's shelf life. Personally I'd rather they didn't carry it so it evens the field and hopefully keeps this on a "normal" run.

• Like 1