75060 - UCS: Slave I

kerrmando

I have a so-called TRU "Superstore" close to me which does not carry the Slave I. Did go to a non-superstore TRU the other day a few miles further out, and there was a beautiful Slave I in undamaged, unspidered glory on a bottom shelf, $199. Didn't buy as I'm not in the market for one, but it definitely is not a deal that has anything to do with "superstore" status.

8 hours ago, rshafer23 said:

Crushed corner of box, but 20% off.  Would you buy?

6 hours ago, binici said:

No brainer if you have apply TRUTH + 20% coupon + Discounted GC on Slave I and the box is a bit dinged up...

I love how every 3rd post in here is now "I saw one, but the box was damaged, Should I get it?" 

First off.. Just read a few posts back. seriously.. someone literally just asked this question and the same response was given.  People need to start making their own decisions on what they value more instead of just being a lemming.

1 hour ago, Dark Helmet said:

I love how every 3rd post in here is now "I saw one, but the box was damaged, Should I get it?" 

First off.. Just read a few posts back. seriously.. someone literally just asked this question and the same response was given.  People need to start making their own decisions on what they value more instead of just being a lemming.

But the answer may be different if John asks as opposed to Timmy.  Plus, why make your own decisions when people here can do it for you!

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, bouncer said:

can I use the coupon multiple times?

I just used it for a Slave 1.  I only had 1 copy.  I went home and printed 5 of them.  Got another Slave 1, 3 MF.  But, you HAVE to buy them individually. 

2x Slave 1:  $159.99 each

3x MF:  $119.99 each.  

total savings:  $170.  

the coupon is good until the 26th of march.  Just print multiple copies.   good luck,

• Like 1

Thanks for the help or, er, roasting here!  If it weren't for my post with the question or those who were kind enough to try and help by responding there wouldn't be any activity today.  Is that what this forum is for?  I thought it was to discuss the slave I whether that be about the set, deals on the set, or seeking advice on purchasing?

• Like 1

I just picked up a Slave 1 from TRU. 

With the 20% off coupon, the 10% TRUTH, and $110 in rewards points, the total came out to be $44.99. ($47.80 after tax)

I then used a $25 gift card that was given to me, so I only paid $22.80 out of pocket. Plus it included the Ninjago flyer and batmobile polybag. 

The only weird thing was it had a double seal on one edge. I was a little hesitant at first, but it was an actual Lego seal that had a code on it, not a regular piece of tape. The other side looked ok. This will be for my own build so I'll open to double check. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bags751 said:

This is the seal I was talking about. Anyone seen a double seal like this before? The outer seal clearly has a seal code on it. 

I believe there have been reports of sets with double seals on them yes. I think some of my Ant-Man sets are double sealed due to a QC issue. I don't recall hearing about Slave 1 issues though, but who knows.