75060 - UCS: Slave I

kerrmando

It's on bricklink - 3166g. I would check some of mine, but my scale is not accurate enough.

Off-topic: I bet you could make a pretty good estimate of minifigure series using an accurate pocket scale.

EDIT: interesting, the weight is different on bricklink (3.166kg) and brickset (3.05kg)

Edited by c_rpg

15 hours ago, BrickLegacy said:

You are not alone. 

21 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Am I the only one who is more nervous than excited about this set available at so many TRU stores?  I have visions of VC and GS sets :P 

So i felt the exact same way. If these sets are available ON TRU SHELVES this is going to be super easy to horde, and there will be way too many in reseller hands.

Now, I have stated the belief that there is no such thing as too many in reseller hands IF you believe that the supply is fixed.

For example, when the Tumbler went to Retiring soon, they had already stopped production. Seal codes have shown this, with none newer than around 41-44th week of 2015.

So if they're not making any more, who cares if resellers have all teh stock vs little Timmy having it. The resellers have to sell to the Timmy's and Jimmy's eventually, so the fact that more of the ratio is in the hands of resellers might actually INCREASE the perceived scarcity.

Now for a set like Slave I which will be in production for a very long time still,,,,,it's a grey area. If you believe that resellers demand could actually increase Lego's production supply decisions, then maybe this is a bad thing.

However, why would the Slave I being on a shelf cause someone to buy more Slave I's? They've been readily available online everywhere, so having it in your face makes it more likely to be horded? 

No, the difference is the ability to use TRUTH to get a discount, and perhaps coupons. THAT would be the reason more get horded, and MAYBE more get produced.

Well, the coupons haven't worked in months, and TRUTH has an expiration date of April.

Further, most people have NOT found the Slave I in stores, and those who have, saw 2 at the most, and no restock.

End of the day, MAYBE it pushes the needle a bit, but so far i see no reason to think this means Lego is opening the flood gates on exclusives and devaluing them by producing too many.

----- And then i see an ad on B&N.com clearly advertising "Hard to Find" sets at a discount.

Maybe the rules of our world are changing :)

17 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

Well, the coupons haven't worked in months, and TRUTH has an expiration date of April.

Further, most people have NOT found the Slave I in stores, and those who have, saw 2 at the most, and no restock.

Not really the thread for this, but in the TRUTH thread, someone posted that this couponing cycle is typical for TRU - the first three months of the year tend to be Babies R Us coupons, and TRU coupons will be back in the spring (April, I think), if they follow past behavior.

As for the TRUTH expiration - I think it's a sales tactic. This is probably the time of year with the fewest signups.  Advertise that it's going away to drive sign ups (because you want to get that discount before it goes away forever!).  But honestly, they'll extend it.  They've done that in the past.

3 minutes ago, Bags751 said:

I don't see Slave 1 on the TRU website anymore. 

http://www.toysrus.com/buy/lego-hard-to-find/lego-star-wars-ucs-slave-i-75060-6061449-37974586

"pro tip" - use google to search for sets on TRU.  slave I isn't listed if you search by Star Wars or even under "all LEGO" on the TRU website but its still there when you use google.

interesting the instore pickup option is now gone..

Edited by cladner

13 minutes ago, cladner said:

http://www.toysrus.com/buy/lego-hard-to-find/lego-star-wars-ucs-slave-i-75060-6061449-37974586

"pro tip" - use google to search for sets on TRU.  slave I isn't listed if you search by Star Wars or even under "all LEGO" on the TRU website but its still there when you use google.

interesting the instore pickup option is now gone..

Interesting, I usually do a google search but was on the TRU website already so I couldn't find it. I even searched for hard to find, etc. I have been having issues trying to find items with the TRU search. Google from now on it is. 

Ya, that was the main reason why I wanted to find the page, to see what stores around me had it. 

Edited by Bags751

FWIW. yesterday I did a "Chat" with a TRU employee and had him check stock status in my area for Slave 1. He confirmed what I found which was nothing.

I then had him check Alpinemaps area and he also said there was no stock. I told the employee that someone I know had seen them in stock in two of the stores he searched. He checked again and said there was no stock showing up in those stores and that if there were any they might be "samples". Never heard that one before.

Anyway this was just what I found out yesterday.

• Like 1

Isn't it a bit early to be getting worked up over Slave 1 stock levels? It only came out last year and EV and SC look more likely to be retired this year vs a UCS set only released last year. 

Here in the UK there's plenty of stock everywhere I've not even starting to buy to put away yet. As there's plenty of other sets looking ready to retire this year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Isn't it a bit early to be getting worked up over Slave 1 stock levels? It only came out last year and EV and SC look more likely to be retired this year vs a UCS set only released last year. 

Here in the UK there's plenty of stock everywhere I've not even starting to buy to put away yet. As there's plenty of other sets looking ready to retire this year. 

The talk surrounding this isn't regarding a concern for stock levels, but the fact that a LEGO exclusive, normally only available online or at LEGO stores, is showing up in several Brick and Mortar ToysRUs. This is exciting for us in the US b/c coupons, Rewards Dollars and TRUTH can be applied to the purchase of a Slave1.

They've been selling Slave 1's in Smyths in the UK for a while. They even had them at 12% off for a short period. So nothing new for the UK. In fact a lot of the big Star Wars and Modular exclusives are carried by Toysrus, Smyths, John Lewis etc

45 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

Also, if anyone has a SLAVE I in your area, please let us know if the 20% works on it. That will be big news either way.

Is this a widespread find, or more of a one-off?  (Just trying to assess how angry I should be that my TRU doesn't have any on the shelf.)