75060 - UCS: Slave I

kerrmando

I love this set.  I know there has always been a buzz about the tumbler, but anyone else think the slave I has a chance to do just as well long term?  Great model, better/more figs than tumbler, star wars fever for the next several years...has a lot going for it.

My plan is to load up next year on this as much as possible...

• Like 2

I love this set.  I know there has always been a buzz about the tumbler, but anyone else think the slave I has a chance to do just as well long term?  Great model, better/more figs than tumbler, star wars fever for the next several years...has a lot going for it.

My plan is to load up next year on this as much as possible...

I think the only issue with Slave I would be how long till the remake. This version is, IMO, the best version yet which makes me believe the next will probably be the best version yet...

I love this set.  I know there has always been a buzz about the tumbler, but anyone else think the slave I has a chance to do just as well long term?  Great model, better/more figs than tumbler, star wars fever for the next several years...has a lot going for it. My plan is to load up next year on this as much as possible...

I think the only issue with Slave I would be how long till the remake. This version is, IMO, the best version yet which makes me believe the next will probably be the best version yet...

Enough time to sell it and realize a pretty decent profit!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I personally will just stockpile a few of these, I have built one and it was amazing. In my opinion, only the death star II build was better but only barely. 

This thread will become tumbler 2.0 with people saying how many they got and what condition they came in. The latter stages the F5 of target Walmart and the lego store. This set screams eazy winner and I don't like that.

11 hours ago, Armor said:

I personally will just stockpile a few of these, I have built one and it was amazing. In my opinion, only the death star II build was better but only barely. 

This thread will become tumbler 2.0 with people saying how many they got and what condition they came in. The latter stages the F5 of target Walmart and the lego store. This set screams eazy winner and I don't like that.

Every new investor will buy a few copies of Slave I because it's a safe pick destined for great returns. At some point these new investors may become disillusioned with LEGO investing and therefore would liquidate their stock of Slave I. In that case the question would be if that occurs before or after the retirement of Slave I as the implications for post-EOL supply and demand would differ.

32 minutes ago, Brian Briggs said:

Every new investor will buy a few copies of Slave I because it's a safe pick destined for great returns. At some point these new investors may become disillusioned with LEGO investing and therefore would liquidate their stock of Slave I. In that case the question would be if that occurs before or after the retirement of Slave I as the implications for post-EOL supply and demand would differ.

I guarantee that will happen. 

This  happened with the Black Series 6 inch Boba.  It was vastly hoarded, and for over a year it lingered just slightly above what one could buy it for at retail.  Only in the last few months (a year since it was found in retail) did it finally start to go up, and now it is around 2x.  While Boba Fett is highly popular and sought after, it's not infallible to the laws of supply and demand.  I suspect there will be so much Slave 1's in the hands of rookies, that it will take at least a year and a half after it retires to land any sort of profitable returns.  I suspect we will see may races to the bottom during that time from people not willing to put in the wait, so people will be able to snag these around retail for a considerable amount of time..

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Armor said:

The slave 1 Will be tumbler 2.0. I would rather invest in sets that I know not to be mass horded. I plan on keeping mine till the Boba Fett movie some time in 2020/2021. 

Good point about the Fett backstory movie that will come out in a few years. That should bode well for this set as long as Lego retires it within two years of today.

You mean 50% appreciation 10 days after retirement? 

Yeah,  I'll pass too. ;)

So sellers buying from other sellers is all well and good if you want to quick flip but for a long healthy grow, that is not the greatest thing to happen to any product. I am worried that the slave and tumbler will turn into a AA for 5 years due to the mass amount of new people buying the set and then wanting to get their money back with a 10% profit margin. 

Edited by Armor