75060 - UCS: Slave I

kerrmando

There's no way on God's green Earth that this is going to happen. The investor side of my brain wants so badly to order a million of them, but I have to trust the reviews. 1 star with 32 separate reviews: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/ToyWiz. A Google search revealed similar scathing reviews on other sites. I refuse to tie up that kind of money. If you guys get your shipments, good on you, but this looks shady as hell.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. I was mid way through the payment when I got cold feet. Cannot tie up that money for likely two months and if LEGO Shop at Home is running out now, what makes this seller the gravy train in Feb? No way.

Edited by Yinchuan

Just got my cancellation email and received a refund for my 2 orders for Slave 1,

"Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for choosing Toywiz.com! We regret to inform you that your order has been canceled.
Unfortunately there was an issue when posting this item to our website and the wrong price was put up.
The issue will be resolved and the correct listing will be up shortly. If you would still like the item please replace your order.
We hope to see you again!
Thank you,
Alexandra"

I bought mine on the 1st of January. Building it not in a hurry, over two days with loads of red wine while having a casual talk with the girlfriend it was an easy thing. I really enjoyed the build, although not very challenging, it was somewhat interesting approach (part of this due to the unusual design of the spaceship).

I like how Lego learned the lesson and now bags are more organised. So you don't have to open all the bags at once to find a piece you need. You can do it one by one and not get overloaded with bricks you'll need 2-3hrs later in the build..

Also loving it how they introduced part of the design story in the instructions book. So much more engaging! And a few concept art sketches when the Episode V was made etc. As a designer myself I absolutely loved it!

One thing though. To those of you who managed to build it already. The whole thing is quite solid and strong, but I find the two large panels attached to the side (last two assemblies each side before building the stand) to be quite flimsy and not as firmly assembled as the rest. Do you guys have the same impression?

Tempted to take it to work and add it to the 10221, 12212, 10240 and 75059 we already have on display.....

Hannibal:

One thing though. To those of you who managed to build it already. The whole thing is quite solid and strong, but I find the two large panels attached to the side (last two assemblies each side before building the stand) to be quite flimsy and not as firmly assembled as the rest. Do you guys have the same impression?

Yes bags 11 and 12 each make a side panel that only clip on at one end and then have that "cupped" piece just resting on the end of a ball topped technic pin for proper spacing. It is almost as if the panels should be able to raise or swing out. They are on there sturdy IMO they just kinda float for spacing when on display.

75060 appears to be hopping in and out of stock at the moment. Currently seems to be going for around $250-$260 for now. Do you see this jumping up higher in the short term? Right now it looks like shipping is 30 days out, but just moments earlier they were in stock...

Got this baby built yesterday.  It's a pretty simple build with nothing really challenging, but there are some unique ways they got it together and have it hold up.  The wings seems a little flimsy, but the rest of the build is extremely rugged.  I can hold it from the bottom lip and shake it and nothing happens.

Once you do get it displayed the set is super boss.  It's definitely a lot bigger than I could have anticipated.

post-28955-0-48591600-1420634765_thumb.j

This is about half way through the build. 

post-28955-0-37452200-1420634839_thumb.j

Just a couple more bags in

post-28955-0-97730000-1420634881_thumb.j

Again another couple bags in

post-28955-0-17045900-1420634919_thumb.j

Another bag or two.  Finally starting to really look like what is supposed to

post-28955-0-58834200-1420634976_thumb.j

Finally completed.  Big mother. 

post-28955-0-14387900-1420635022_thumb.j

Secret weapons pulled out to go pew pew pew. (Technical terms)

post-28955-0-19967300-1420635460_thumb.j

Cockpit view. 

post-28955-0-03204000-1420635729_thumb.j

Backside view.  Total badassery.

post-28955-0-53914100-1420635793_thumb.j

And the sticker.  Mine had the spelling error as well. 'Tracor'

Also a couple of side notes.  The instruction booklet also had the Tracor error when you get to the step of applying the sticker. 

And I absolutely love the detail of Boba Fett. The arm and leg printings really make him pop.

One last thing.  I remember first hearing about this set coming out and I was totally bummed.  I didn't want the Slave 1.  I was thinking they could have done something more badass, but we got this.  When I first saw a couple of pictures and the box art, I still was not completely sold on it.  As time went on it started to grown on me.  Then I went out and bought it, and holy crapola, I am not disappointed in any way shape or form.  I think it's just as impressive as the Imperial Shuttle, and 10179 MF on display.  Just in your face awesomeness.

Please people, if you are a builder/displayer, absolutely must buy.

Edited by citymorgue
  • Like 3