75060 - UCS: Slave I

kerrmando

just throw it up for $325 plus shipping in a 7 day auction format.  it will sell in hours or maybe a day or two at the most.  easy money even after all the fees!   some super duper star wars fanboy will buy it.

I stopped being a man once I got married...not really interested in losing money on this thing considering TRU will be happy to give me my 200 bucks back for it.

I may try an auction at break even start price or new BIN listing with lower starting point.

Thanks guys for your input.

• Like 1

just throw it up for $325 plus shipping in a 7 day auction format.  it will sell in hours or maybe a day or two at the most.  easy money even after all the fees!   some super duper star wars fanboy will buy it.

How did you know it was me? Fan boy extraordinaire.

Although I won't because I need to be the first in line at Lego on 1/1 to fulfill the fun of it.

I keep hearing "the Slave I 'tracor' misprint will make the initial run more valuable later when they correct it". Is there any historical truth to this with other sets from the past?

No. There have been numerous sets where there was a misprint, but the misprinted sets were not more valuable than the corrected ones.

• Like 3

I was wondering has anyone talked to a Lego store manager yet to see if they will officially start selling this set on January 1st when they open up?

I plan to drive 2 hours early on January 1st to be the first in line at 8am just like I have been for Red 5 and other SW sets.

I guess I need to call but wanted to hear if anyone has discussed this with the local store yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Is there  a reason, from an investor's point of view, to jump and buy this at the very release on Wednesday? It will be a couple of years at least before EOL so why not wait until close to that point? 

Because some guys here do some quick-flips (I don't).

Who knows, if it's unavailable for 1 month, you can make some money. :dontknow:

Is there a reason, from an investor's point of view, to jump and buy this at the very release on Wednesday? It will be a couple of years at least before EOL so why not wait until close to that point?

It gives you options. Options...to build, to save, to flip. At least if you have one copy...you have ONE copy. Do you know how many people wait to buy a set they want to get some great deal and the deal never comes and people have to pay over MSRP to buy the set? Too many to mention I'm afraid.
  • Like 5

Is there  a reason, from an investor's point of view, to jump and buy this at the very release on Wednesday? It will be a couple of years at least before EOL so why not wait until close to that point? 

Not nearly as much as the Tumbler due to it being after Christmas.  However, if they limit these to in store like they did with the Tumbler and go out of stock online than yes, it's a great idea to grab some of these right now and do some flipping if supplies become limited.  I'm just not sure if the Slave has the same fanbase as the Tumbler.  Could be wrong though. I know I would rather have Slave than Tumbler as I'm more of a Star Wars fan than Batman.

• Like 1

Starting my New Years project a little early. I was looking at the instructions to see what bags to pull the figs from and was like ugh. As you can see in the pic they are printed on dark grey paper and this will make differentiating the colors a task at night with my old eyes and poor lighting.

post-31269-0-64503200-1420048974_thumb.j

post-31269-0-28398700-1420049011_thumb.j

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

Do you think this will sellout just as fast as the Tumbler?

It could. I have a feeling plenty will be made available (more than the Tumbler) at least initially. Star Wars is hot currently and Lego is probably prepared.

Pretty much Lego might not have been able to accurately estiante demand for the Tumbler since the Nolan films are done and Batman doesn't have much going on currently.

Slave 1 on the other hand...

Starting my New Years project a little early. I was looking at the instructions to see what bags to pull the figs from and was like ugh. As you can see in the pic they are printed on dark grey paper and this will make differentiating the colors a task at night with my old eyes and poor lighting.

Does your ucs sticker have the tracor typo?

Trek are you still driving to your nearest Lego Store tomorrow morning? Mine is 70 miles away so I am heading out at 8am over here....