75060 - UCS: Slave I

kerrmando

JJ isn't only my friend- he is also my gardener.

Having him and the cast sign the boxes wouldn't be a problem.

And even though we all believe the Cantina band can only play "that one song", they frequent Roxy's in LA very often- and do a killer cover of the B-52's "Love Shack". Perhaps the sale could include a meet-and-greet with the band.

Personally I would offer Fedex Home Delivery or another quicker delivery service and make it free. While it's not that close to Christmas it will make a difference to see Fast ****** Free instead of $23 standard shipping. If you do offer free shipping it's not like you will miss out on anything either because you are the one who gets to decide on a BO price. Or if they purchase at $999 you would probably be happy. ;)

You did miss the joke, but your game is still top-shelf on the forum.

True story- I saw J.J. at a Bean & Tea Leaf once (LA's equivalent of Starbucks), but didn't approach him, even though he is my favorite director. It is a fun town to be close to in in that regard... though mostly B-listers, you see and meet a lot of very familiar and recognizable faces from music as well.   

Like terry mentioned, use buy it now. Personally, I think $350 plus postage is good, You only have 3 weeks until the new one is out, if you use best offer, payment isn't always required immediately. Heck, I might even take $300 plus postage just to clear them out. Then buy more in 3 weeks.

I would be worried about returns since the new one is coming soon. Be sure to mention 2 weeks return window, 20% restocking fee,and item must be returned in the same condition as mailed. There's a good chance the buyer will try to return it after the new one comes out (even if he sends you a nee one after opening. It). This way, at least you will get 20% .

It looks like the LEGO gods have once again shown me favor and blessed me with fulfillment of the 2 x 75060 that I was able to squeeze in early cyber Monday (using the $20 off mastercard deal no less).

Someone called it the flip of the year on the cyber Monday thread but I need your guys collective wisdom to help this amateur make this pay off.

Was hoping I could get some recommendations on how I should set this listing up on ebay... buy it now or auction...length, starting price etc.

I usually just see what other auctions for the same item are doing and use the brickpicker database to decide on how to sell but seeing how this will be the only in hand 75060 on ebay I could use some expert advice

Thanks in advance.

Edited by jaisonline
Alos did a thread merge

Thanks a ton everybody for all the great suggestions.

I decided to go with BIN with make offer to keep some control over who I sell this to.    Great idea marcandre

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LEGO-Star-Wars-75060-UCS-Slave-1-IN-HAND-AND-READY-TO-SHIP-/131375946984?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Nice listing and good luck! One of your watchers is me, because I want to see if anyone bites. One suggestion, possibly a minor one. I'd remove the part about it soon to be available on January 1. If potential buyers know they can get one at retail in a few short weeks it may limit your potential candidates.

• Like 2

For the second I would do the same except donate 100% to charity. You should see a TON of traffic, you may even get a visit from some celebs or something. Yes, you lose some cash but your store should get a tremendous amount of traffic and get bookmarked by a lot of people with a lot of money. This is good when you start listing stuff to sell from your stash. And it's a cool way to give back.

Really like that idea. This past week I have been donating a lot of small Lego sets to various toy drives in my area and the feeling is pretty amazing - each donation has inspired another one, etc.

Guest TabbyBoy

I wonder if this will still be available on 05JAN 2xVIP day?  If so, will it run out by 00:01?  I'm ordering on the very first day of release regardless.

I wonder if this will still be available on 05JAN 2xVIP day?  If so, will it run out by 00:01?  I'm ordering on the very first day of release regardless.

That's why I am thinking of just getting it on the 1st and not bothering with the 2x Points

wow...300 views and not a single offer so far on the listing.   A little surprised considering that some people paid 330 for the pre-order.  I'm going to start dropping the price every couple hours until someone bites.  If I cant get at least 50 buck off this thing Ill just put it under the tree for myself.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LEGO-Star-Wars-75060-UCS-Slave-1-IN-HAND-AND-READY-TO-SHIP-/131375946984?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

If someone on here is dying to have this before Christmas and wants to trade for some NISB harry potter let me know.

wow...300 views and not a single offer so far on the listing.   A little surprised considering that some people paid 330 for the pre-order.  I'm going to start dropping the price every couple hours until someone bites.  If I cant get at least 50 buck off this thing Ill just put it under the tree for myself.

If someone on here is dying to have this before Christmas and wants to trade for some NISB harry potter let me know.

I imagine your starting price put a lot of people off. Once you start lowering the price on eBay for a rare item, it generally does not go well. Might be better to start a new listing at a reasonable price.

A good chunk of the views are brickpickers too.... I thought you would double up on this easy. There are plenty of folks that would pay a bundle for this they just don't know about it. 

You could always abort and try an auction. 3 day, set a reserve and keep a best offer / BIN. I hate auctions but time is running out.

A good chunk of the views are brickpickers too.... I thought you would double up on this easy. There are plenty of folks that would pay a bundle for this they just don't know about it.

You could always abort and try an auction. 3 day, set a reserve and keep a best offer / BIN. I hate auctions but time is running out.

I hate auctions with reserves and they usually don't attract nearly as much attention as auctions without a reserve. Be a man and start that thing at .99 cents with no reserve and free shipping. :)

I stopped being a man once I got married...not really interested in losing money on this thing considering TRU will be happy to give me my 200 bucks back for it.

I may try an auction at break even start price or new BIN listing with lower starting point.

Thanks guys for your input.

I stopped being a man once I got married...not really interested in losing money on this thing considering TRU will be happy to give me my 200 bucks back for it.

I may try an auction at break even start price or new BIN listing with lower starting point.

You would not lose money on it but I understand what you mean. The only possible drawback is that "civilians" might not know about this set yet and don't know to look for it. I did a .99 cent auction plus shipping for a SW advent calendar a few weeks ago and got more for it than my BIN listings were getting.

I may try an auction at break even start price or new BIN listing with lower starting point.

What happened with this? I see the listing was taken down.