75060 - UCS: Slave I

kerrmando

Guest TabbyBoy

Might very well be my first UCS purchase ever :P

Might very well be my first UCS purchase ever :P

Why not the SSD? It's still available for backorder with 5 max and you may get lucky.

Could this be the turboflip of turboflips if Lego underestimate demand? Of course, you'll have to visit lots of shops on day one assuming it's an early VIP release.

I think Lego is going to underestimate the demand for the Slave I just like they did with the Tumbler. I can see potential for turboflipping the set if you can't find it anywhere.

Do you think slave 1 looks good because it uses lots of unique bricks to make up the shape?

If that's the case would it make the set more regular toy or mega Blok like? Like a easy way out instead of the higher standard from Lego ideas when the set has to use existing bricks...

Anyhow still likes it but wondering long term wise would this take away some of the creativeness that Lego set shows before.

Hmm...not sure if this has been mentioned (if so apologies) but I'm reading this is to release officially January. So, if VIPs would get it for 2 months early seems really odd to me.

Yes, according to the release on brickset (http://brickset.com/article/12593/75060-ucs-slave-i-revealed), the release date is Jan. 1, 2015.  So, at best, VIPs might get early access in mid-December.

OMG!!!! That thing is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!  The whole set is sooooo well made, I am already itching!

By the way, do you guys think then that this set is a direct re-placement of the Red 5 X-Wing? In terms of price range and number pieces its the closest thing to the X-Wing. With the Super Star Destroyer leaving the stage, its the Sandcrawler currently being the flagship of SW sets and this one ties up nicely with the X-Wing... interesting...

within a minute of its availability to purchase, I am ordering one!

This is spectacular! The design is awesome. I can't believe how big it is! It looks great on the display stand. This is a must buy on day 1 and could be a great flip because it could be a quick sell out. I wonder what the limit will be 1 or 2?

Edited by jbacunn