75060 - UCS: Slave I

kerrmando

That doesn't change the fact that half of the stickers shown in that picture could easily be replaced by tiles or bricks that Lego already makes or simply left off. There is an expectation of value associated with these premium sets, stickers do not fit well with that expectation.

I agree, but this has nothing to do with my point. I only argued why LEGO doesn't print them instead

It looks like the LEGO gods have once again shown me favor and blessed me with fulfillment of the 2 x 75060 that I was able to squeeze in early cyber Monday (using the $20 off mastercard deal no less).

Someone called it the flip of the year on the cyber Monday thread but I need your guys collective wisdom to help this amateur make this pay off.

Was hoping I could get some recommendations on how I should set this listing up on ebay... buy it now or auction...length, starting price etc.  

I usually just see what other auctions for the same item are doing and use the brickpicker database to decide on how to sell but seeing how this will be the only in hand 75060 on ebay I could use some expert advice

Thanks in advance.

• Like 9

It looks like the LEGO gods have once again shown me favor and blessed me with fulfillment of the 2 x 75060 that I was able to squeeze in early cyber Monday (using the $20 off mastercard deal no less).

Someone called it the flip of the year on the cyber Monday thread but I need your guys collective wisdom to help this amateur make this pay off.

Was hoping I could get some recommendations on how I should set this listing up on ebay... buy it now or auction...length, starting price etc.  

I usually just see what other auctions for the same item are doing and use the brickpicker database to decide on how to sell but seeing how this will be the only in hand 75060 on ebay I could use some expert advice

Thanks in advance.

I think a 5 day auction starting at $99 would be ideal to start tonight and it would end Sunday.  Congrats!

• Like 1

BIN. I would say $350-$400. You want to price it high enough to do well, but not so high that someone buys yours, then returns one they bought from Lego for $199. Get it up ASAP. Make sure to state in hand and ready to ship. Try and make it so that the two week return window ends before the first of the year.

• Like 1

Like marcandre said, do a high buy it now with best offer. You will get a ton of offers, look through them and choose a buyer with a long history and exceptional feedback. May or may not be the highest offer, but you will be better off with an experienced buyer. Also hit the immediate pay option, makes no difference with best offer, but you never know when someone will bite on a high BIN. You want to avoid a non paying buyer situation as you are running out of time to go through that process and still make top dollar on this.

• Like 2

^^ Agreed. Time to put your strategy in play.

The world is full of people with an obscene amount of money that happen to be Star Wars fans.

Perhaps a one/two-day run with Buy it Now at a VERY high price... over 1k, to see if you get a bite? Could be. The right buyer with the funds might love telling about "the time he/she got their wife/husband/kid/brother/etc. "the FIRST" Slave 1 available...

Dude, that`s an awesome score! I`m not the most experienced guy here, but I would suggest an auction as well, you could get some really solid bids. That said, you could also have issues, just make sure you perfect your listing first (returns, condition of box, shipping, etc, etc.) Get all the details right, you don`t want someone trying to give it back to you after it is officially released as others have stated. Honestly I would make you an offer, but the logic in me says everything on the contrary. I really want this beast though!!

I would open a store and do what others suggested for the first. You should get 2-3x retail. You can always buy a new one on the first.

For the second I would do the same except donate 100% to charity. You should see a TON of traffic, you may even get a visit from some celebs or something. Yes, you lose some cash but your store should get a tremendous amount of traffic and get bookmarked by a lot of people with a lot of money. This is good when you start listing stuff to sell from your stash. And it's a cool way to give back.

• Like 2