75060 - UCS: Slave I

kerrmando

Starting my New Years project a little early. I was looking at the instructions to see what bags to pull the figs from and was like ugh. As you can see in the pic they are printed on dark grey paper and this will make differentiating the colors a task at night with my old eyes and poor lighting.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Pseudoty going nuts on New Years Eve! Slow down man! :)

• Like 1

Does your ucs sticker have the tracor typo?

Trek are you still driving to your nearest Lego Store tomorrow morning? Mine is 70 miles away so I am heading out at 8am over here....

Hey runormal!

Yes getting up and leaving at 7:30 am to get there at 9:00 am and wait in line to hopefully be the first in line to get one.

To me it's not about getting it early which is cool but I like being in line and being first on release date.

I called and there stock does not come in early so they did not sell out early,

Then to find the perfect box of their stock so that I can buy it admire it collect it and never open it. :)

It is for me not for appreciation and sale though,

I did this for Ewoj and Red 5 too.

They have WVM FOR $89 too so getting a couple of those.

• Like 1

Hey runormal!

Yes getting up and leaving at 7:30 am to get there at 9:00 am and wait in line to hopefully be the first in line to get one.

To me it's not about getting it early which is cool but I like being in line and being first on release date.

I called and there stock does not come in early so they did not sell out early,

Then to find the perfect box of their stock so that I can buy it admire it collect it and never open it. :)

It is for me not for appreciation and sale though,

I did this for Ewoj and Red 5 too.

They have WVM FOR $89 too so getting a couple of those.

That's LEGO dedication.  I am getting up at the same time to drive to FL visit family & friends and watch BAMA hopefully whip OSU.  Unfortunately with drive time there will be little LEGO stops on the way down but I will hit a few BAM's and hopefully on way home hit some Wal-Mart honey holes that seem to have the oldest stock in the country.

• Like 1

I could of just sent you one in pristine condition and saved you the ride, but I know that would not be the same.  In all seriousness have a safe trip and a Happy New Year!

Thanks a lot. I seriously thought about asking you but I thought ok I have been first in line for the last 2 UCS releases and I think I end up savoring and remembering that more than the set. LOL

HAPPY new Year to you too and for a minute I thought you meant going to root for BAM and not BAMA... Just joking...

Be safe too!

Thanks a lot. I seriously thought about asking you but I thought ok I have been first in line for the last 2 UCS releases and I think I end up savoring and remembering that more than the set. LOL

HAPPY new Year to you too and for a minute I thought you meant going to root for BAM and not BAMA... Just joking...

Be safe too!

Totally understand.  It's hard to turn something down when you see it for the first time (that almost sounds bad).  I saw a Lincoln Memorial a few weeks ago and bought it at full price just because I like Architecture sets and wanted to build it.  

I root for both BAM and Bama LOL.  One saves me money and the other is my fun for 1/3 of the year.  Plus I was hoping to post another Emeril clip if someone aske what BAM was.

Totally understand.  It's hard to turn something down when you see it for the first time (that almost sounds bad).  I saw a Lincoln Memorial a few weeks ago and bought it at full price just because I like Architecture sets and wanted to build it.  

I root for both BAM and Bama LOL.  One saves me money and the other is my fun for 1/3 of the year.  Plus I was hoping to post another Emeril clip if someone aske what BAM was.

Well, I'm a Buckeye, and I will be shocked if we don't get our arses kicked.  I still can't believe we're contending for a national championship with the 3rd string quarterback starting.  I'll still be watching...

• Like 1

Is anyone buying a second one in hopes of them running out and flipping?

Maybe. Just not going to flip it right away. My hopes are that the Star Wars VII movie will increase demand for this set around Christmas time, which would make it a great flipping opportunity.

Well, I'm a Buckeye, and I will be shocked if we don't get our arses kicked.  I still can't believe we're contending for a national championship with the 3rd string quarterback starting.  I'll still be watching...

I'm actually a little worried about that after the thrashing of Wisconsin.  I would of never guessed that.  I'm driving down to FL to watch with a huge Baylor fan whose dad has been on a NFL coaching staff his whole life.  He already gave me crap about TCU crushing Ole Miss seeing that was our only loss.  

My UPS driver is also a huge OSU fan so got a lot riding on this one for bragging rights LOL.  

We are not that good or dominate like 2-3 years ago so I really thing it will be a closer game than most are expecting.  I have a bad feeling and whenever I do its usually not good for us.  

• Like 1

I'm actually a little worried about that after the thrashing of Wisconsin.  I would of never guessed that.  I'm driving down to FL to watch with a huge Baylor fan whose dad has been on a NFL coaching staff his whole life.  He already gave me crap about TCU crushing Ole Miss seeing that was our only loss.  

My UPS driver is also a huge OSU fan so got a lot riding on this one for bragging rights LOL.  

We are not that good or dominate like 2-3 years ago so I really thing it will be a closer game than most are expecting.  I have a bad feeling and whenever I do its usually not good for us.  

I never expected them to do so well against Wisconsin.  It was totally unexpected and was obviously a make or break moment in the season.

I never expected them to do so well against Wisconsin.  It was totally unexpected and was obviously a make or break moment in the season.

yeah I agree, made a big statement.  I went to the Bama , FL game in 2009 in SEC champ and seeing Tebow cry was a great moment.   Unfortunately the next summer I got the misfortune of my Broncos getting Tebow as there #1 pick.  I still remember that night as my phone blew up with texts all at the same time.  My wife goes what is going on.  I never looked at any of them and said Denver just got Tebow.  She goes how do you know.  I replied "I know".  Sure enough I checked the draft out and there he was lol.

• Like 1

So I don't want to rub it in but I picked mine up today (31st) from the chicago Lego store. The manager told me he had them on sale since the 30th. It looks amazing.

Congrats..   

I'm waiting for it go on sale on Lego website. It's been Jan 1st for over 2 hours now. When will they let us buy it?  I'm a bit antsy if you can't tell.. lol  

Picked mine up from the Lego store in London, myself and three other people waiting in line, only five on the shelf with a few more in the back. Pretty sure they were sold out by lunch time. Was debating if i should go or not but sooo glad that i did. The model on display looked just amazing, though i was surprised by how small the box is, especially compared to the Tumbler.

Whenever Lego offers double VIP points or offers a new product such as the Slave I on a certain date I can never actually find out the specific time they start double VIP or start selling the product. Last time there was double VIP points I was up past 12:00 working on something and decided to to check Lego online only to find double VIP didn't start yet even though it was the correct date? So what time do these things start?