75060 - UCS: Slave I

kerrmando

Hey guys, another newb question here. Why is 75060 listed on this site's index as $298.00 when you can still get it from lego for $200?

LINK: http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=75060-1

It's because the prices come from average ebay sales and this set was pre sold on ebay before it was released for higher than msrp. It will come back down when the the price guide is updated. Whatever the price says is the average price ebayers are paying.
  • Like 1

Hey guys, Another new collector here.  Just got my Slave 1 delivered today and LOVE it.  One question, the box has a crease on the top right corner, other than that it's in perfect condition.  Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but will that effect the overall value?  Wasn't planning on opening it but just put away for a while.  Thanks for all the help and love the site!

Hey guys, Another new collector here.  Just got my Slave 1 delivered today and LOVE it.  One question, the box has a crease on the top right corner, other than that it's in perfect condition.  Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but will that effect the overall value?  Wasn't planning on opening it but just put away for a while.  Thanks for all the help and love the site!

Honestly, it is so early in terms of it's life cycle it would be totally fine to open this one and build, because we are look at around a year ish until retire, and there will still be plenty around!

To answer your question, really just depends on the buyer.

Honestly, it is so early in terms of it's life cycle it would be totally fine to open this one and build, because we are look at around a year ish until retire, and there will still be plenty around!

To answer your question, really just depends on the buyer.

Slave I will last longer than 1 year. I'd guess 2-3 years, and closer to 3.

• 3 weeks later...

This set is my first UCS set and I really enjoyed building it! Some things never change... as a kid I was terrible with stickers, and through this building experience I found out that I continue with this legacy. The set still looks great and it is pretty big! 

I did buy two of them (one to build and another to save); however, the second box arrived damaged and I took it as a sign. Returned it and asked for a refund.=)

• 2 weeks later...

i read that yesterday.  Both are awesome especially the comparison. .  I will say one thing.  the awesome UCS 75060 set does me appreciate 8097 more.  other 75060 larger size , better interior / cockpit details, and the refreshed minifigs, 8097 still holds it's own. 8097 is still the Slave 1 to buy for folks with kids (the occasional swooshing :)  )

now if only i can get the elements list to create the stand for 8097.   that stand is awesome!

16251003402_c80c27b3d7_c.jpg

comparison link

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107311

16397960921_7bc0afca9c_o.jpg

16199663227_e4a6524518_o.jpg

16198164770_f46cf26a57_o.jpg

Here is a Eurobricks review plus a retrospective comparing all the Slave I releases over the years.

ToK .. While you're at it, why not come up with a way to modify the crappy stand that comes with the Slave 1 to display the minifigs?

I think TLG continually misses the mark with the stands for the UCS models. The only one I'm happy with to date is the R2D2 stand because it has a place for the R2 minifig. Displaying the Slave 1 on the stand means that there is no display space for the Bespin Guard and Stormtrooper (and possibly Han in carbonite).

I'll probably tackle it after spring break when we setup another detolf cabinet to display our latest builds.

post-8090-0-86118000-1427211714.jpg

• Like 1

ToK .. While you're at it, why not come up with a way to modify the crappy stand that comes with the Slave 1 to display the minifigs?

I think TLG continually misses the mark with the stands for the UCS models. The only one I'm happy with to date is the R2D2 stand because it has a place for the R2 minifig. Displaying the Slave 1 on the stand means that there is no display space for the Bespin Guard and Stormtrooper (and possibly Han in carbonite).

I'll probably tackle it after spring break when we setup another detolf cabinet to display our latest builds.

Just looking at that picture, can't you replace the black 2x6 flat on the bottom of either "leg" of the stand with a 2x10 ? Then put a 4x6 or something larger on top of the 2x4 extension for displaying minifigs.  

ETA: OR use a 2x4 and a 2x6 placed perpendicular to the leg, so that there is a 2x4 extension between the 2 "legs".  Then you can put 4x8 or something on top of it for minifigs

Just looking at that picture, can't you replace the black 2x6 flat on the bottom of either "leg" of the stand with a 2x10 ? Then put a 4x6 or something larger on top of the 2x4 extension for displaying minifigs.  

ETA: OR use a 2x4 and a 2x6 placed perpendicular to the leg, so that there is a 2x4 extension between the 2 "legs".  Then you can put 4x8 or something on top of it for minifigs

I don't think it'll be too difficult... Just thought ToK might need something to do.

post-8090-0-34953100-1427215803_thumb.pn

You can't just stick a 2x10 under the 2x6 on the bottom or the silver grille won't fit - it won't fit between the studs on the plate. What I'm thinking is extending one of the front sides with a 2x10 and moving the grille and bracket out to the side leaving a "dip" for the figures to stand in.

not sure why smaller pics are used..  let me read the latest pics over there to see if anyone asked the same.

I know Eurobricks has a forum rule with maximum image size allowed (something around 800x600 I guess) and while I can backtrack the images posted to the poster's Flickr gallery, I think the problem is he has each image set to private or personal so they only will appear publicly if the direct image link is posted. I can work around that up to a certain image size (1024x768) but everything higher adds a bunch of random stuff to the link I couldn't decipher like normal. Anyway this was the largest I managed to find for the stand which is a bit larger than the other by a couple hundred pixels width wise. You can see better upon clicking the pic. I still hate trying to figure out what pieces were used when the whole thing is black.

16251003402_c80c27b3d7_b.jpg

I don't think it'll be too difficult... Just thought ToK might need something to do.

attachicon.gifSlave1Stand-Step290.png

You can't just stick a 2x10 under the 2x6 on the bottom or the silver grille won't fit - it won't fit between the studs on the plate. What I'm thinking is extending one of the front sides with a 2x10 and moving the grille and bracket out to the side leaving a "dip" for the figures to stand in.

Something like this.  Nothing too complicated. Figs can be placed on that yellow 2x8 tile. The changes are in bright colors for emphasis :)

post-10443-0-76310200-1427254922_thumb.p

• Like 1

now if only i can get the elements list to create the stand for 8097.   that stand is awesome!

Well I believe I have figured out this stand and am nearly complete with rebuilding it in LDD. It really does use a lot of large Technic bricks a couple of which have not been made in black for a few years so that could be a problem. It is always strange trying to build something going by another person's thought process. I mean I think one way in regards to functionality, aesthetics, and dexterity as compared to someone else might. Anyway I am finishing up with the actual 'bottom' of the base and looking over some areas internally that could use a little extra reinforcement. So far the thing uses about 140 pieces.
  • Like 1

Well here is the stand recreated the best I could. The odd Technic holes like in the front caught me off guard until I realized it was this part. From there I figured the original designer used a handful of similar ones in different sizes to simplify well as strengthen the entire thing. The very bottom uses a number of plates which was one section I had to redesign a number of times to follow the original's logic plus better reinforce the actual base. The areas you can't see on the inside is where I may have took some liberties using a fair amount of Technic pins to really interlock the whole thing so this should be sturdy as a rock.

gallery_2081_127_37591.png

Like the mini Voltron, I will create a parts list for Bricklink and set of instructions to build. I probably should put this in its own topic under the Building category just to make finding the custom display stand easier.

Well here is the stand recreated the best I could. The odd Technic holes like in the front caught me off guard until I realized it was this part. From there I figured the original designer used a handful of similar ones in different sizes to simplify well as strengthen the entire thing. The very bottom uses a number of plates which was one section I had to redesign a number of times to follow the original's logic plus better reinforce the actual base. The areas you can't see on the inside is where I may have took some liberties using a fair amount of Technic pins to really interlock the whole thing so this should be sturdy as a rock.

Like the mini Voltron, I will create a parts list for Bricklink and set of instructions to build. I probably should put this in its own topic under the Building category just to make finding the custom display stand easier.

It does kind of resemble the UCS Vader's Tie stand. Well, the 2nd 1/2 of it.

I kneel before Orc. This is awesome.

post-3743-0-16820100-1427469174.jpg

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thought Ursa (Sarah Douglas) was sexy? Maybe it was that sultry voice.

Now now Orc. You might want to rephrase that question since we are mods on a Lego site ;). Yeah she was a cool character. The actress played that role perfectly and the accent was good. Her performance made viewers dislike her.

I do like the actress' look from the last film but her performance wasn't nearly as good.