75060 - UCS: Slave I

kerrmando

i managed to find two Slave 1's at my local TRU yesterday, too bad no coupons, but any discount (10% TRUTH + 8% rewards) on an exclusive will work. if it was a one-of i would think it was a return, but two of the same with no seal/bead tampering means that somehow they got a case. anyone else run into exclusives at TRU? previously when i had the pleasure of seeing an exclusive at BM was a few years back when they cleared out 2 arkham's at $25 a piece. 

How many of you have broken open a box and built the Slave 1? Is it just me, or is this seriously one of the best Lego builds I can ever remember tackling? I'm not fortunate enough to have a UCS MF, but other than that??? I can't think of a better build in the Star Wars line. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lukiepete said:

How many of you have broken open a box and built the Slave 1? Is it just me, or is this seriously one of the best Lego builds I can ever remember tackling? I'm not fortunate enough to have a UCS MF, but other than that??? I can't think of a better build in the Star Wars line. 

I have. It is an astoundingly well engineered model. There's compound curves, crazy shaping, you name it. The fact that this is such an iconic, interesting ship combined with the outstanding representation of it here (along with a fan-favorite character) makes this set a clear winner, but being a clear winner has implications of its own investment wise. 

I really appreciate that it occupies vertical space rather than horizontal, as there is no shortage of UCS's that occupy horizontal space (I'm looking at you SSD). The tower of Orthanc is one of the only other vertical displays (that is, in general, most sets take up more horizontal than vertical room). 

I imagine this will still be in production for some time. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, lukiepete said:

It's awesome.  A must build for any Star Wars fan. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lukiepete said:

I only have one still sealed box in my storage. But when I see the Slave 1 on sale somewhere again, I will get more boxes including one for myself to build!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, lukiepete said:

I was so stoked for the Slave 1 when pictures were first released.  I went out day 1 and bought a copy, and I was so happy to build it.  As far as finished models are concerned, I think it's right around tied with the Imperial Shuttle as top of the line builds in the UCS line so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, citymorgue said:

I was so stoked for the Slave 1 when pictures were first released.  I went out day 1 and bought a copy, and I was so happy to build it.  As far as finished models are concerned, I think it's right around tied with the Imperial Shuttle as top of the line builds in the UCS line so far.

I actually like the UCS Imperial Shuttle just a little better..but both are amazing builds

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have recent seal codes on this one? They are sold out pretty much everywhere over here, even at overpriced stores. There's still stock at LEGO Shop at Home, but I imagine that will be gone too as soon as the 2xVIP starts (7th of march).

On 2/5/2016 at 10:00 AM, jerryherb said:

i managed to find two Slave 1's at my local TRU yesterday, too bad no coupons, but any discount (10% TRUTH + 8% rewards) on an exclusive will work. if it was a one-of i would think it was a return, but two of the same with no seal/bead tampering means that somehow they got a case. anyone else run into exclusives at TRU? previously when i had the pleasure of seeing an exclusive at BM was a few years back when they cleared out 2 arkham's at $25 a piece. 

I saw two at my local TRU this past weekend.

On 2/5/2016 at 10:00 AM, jerryherb said:

I found 2 of these at at TRU, and have now seen at least 4 folks posting the same within the US.

I wonder if this item might become available regularly at TRU? Maybe other retailers? Maybe other UCS sets? 

This would be quite a development if true. Does it just mean easier availability for this set or all UCS?

Does it mean there's actually higher production numbers to allow for these to sit on store shelves, or is it just on shelves instead of in a TRU warehouse?

Interesting development to be sure.

50 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

It's at my.local target. Even has a tag for the shelf so it isn't a return. Never had exclusives before this at my target

I've heard other folks see the same thing, and I've even seen it at my nearest TRU.  Definitely a departure from D2C sets - my guess is this is a bone TLG threw to TRU.  I haven't heard of any other documented D2C at any other B&M outlets (minus returns, etc.).

6 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Could be certain sets. The Death Star was in many TRU and FAO stores for several years.

Exactly. I remember baby shopping for the 1st kid and seeing the Death Star 1 on display...  Plus we know about the famous marked-up 10179 TRU pic. Can't seem to find that pic currently  

Found one at my local TRU but it is a reseal.  If you look you can see the seals have been cut and secondary seals are put over the top of them. Warning bells went off in my head but I feel  a little better about it if others are seeing it in their TRU as well.