75060 - UCS: Slave I

kerrmando

1 hour ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I started my slave 1 last night and got to a similar position.  Interesting build to carry out. 

Yeah really enjoying it so far !! To be honest, I just love building anything Star Wars !! Had the Ghostbusters Headquarters delivered today, so once this is finished the next project is on the horizon !!! More photos to follow upon completion ! :derisive:

23 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

Yeah really enjoying it so far !! To be honest, I just love building anything Star Wars !! Had the Ghostbusters Headquarters delivered today, so once this is finished the next project is on the horizon !!! More photos to follow upon completion ! :derisive:

I've got a TFA MF sat waiting to be built next but need to wait for me son to pull his finger out as I promised we'd build that one together (to be honest I said we'd build Slave 1 together but I got bored of waiting)

1 hour ago, Bags751 said:

Thanks guys. I thought it wasn't an issue, I just wanted to double check. 

Early Slave 1s have a spelling mistake on the UCS Plaque Sticker - Tractor Beams is spelled Tracor Beams. But you'd have to cut bot seals to open the box and replace the sticker sheet.

17 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I've got a TFA MF sat waiting to be built next but need to wait for me son to pull his finger out as I promised we'd build that one together (to be honest I said we'd build Slave 1 together but I got bored of waiting)

HAHA !! Built a TFA MF just after Christmas, also loved building that set (also built it with my son) the only thing I would say is its very fiddly and quite easy to dislodge certain elements especially the folding roof 'slices'.  Albeit my son is quite young but every time he plays with it I end up spending about 30mins getting it back together !! Not always a bad thing though! HAHA 

Does look great on display however ! I plan to get a few more for the future but I think retirement is a while off yet.

P.S apologies for the thread digression . . .

Edited by Manse1001

18 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Early Slave 1s have a spelling mistake on the UCS Plaque Sticker - Tractor Beams is spelled Tracor Beams. But you'd have to cut bot seals to open the box and replace the sticker sheet.

That would explain a lot. It looks like the code is 46R4, so it appears to be one of the early ones if it was released in 2015. 

The other side looks like this. Has a seal code and looks like it had been removed/moved. 

20160318_002039.jpg

On 18/03/2016 at 3:05 PM, Manse1001 said:

P.S apologies for the thread digression . . .

Getting the thread back on track. 

It's finished. 

Probably the best value UCS set I've built recently. One big chunk of a ship compared with my UCS Tie Fighter.

20160319_214505.jpg

Edited by Fenix_2k1
  • Like 9

Yep 100% agree, absolutely fantastic build, only a few bags off completion. Funnily enough I was thinking the same thing regards the UCS Tie fighter, I really want it for my collection and will definitely end up buying it as I love the look of the ship, but in my mind I have questioned how my fun the build would be, I lot of replication I imagine?! 

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Yeah it is a bit repetitive, it's a good size but there's not a lot to it and as much as I like it, it doesn't seem like great value in comparison to the Slave 1.

Of all my UCS builds 75060 comes in third after 10188 and 10221 and 10221 is only in second due to sheer size, I think 75060 was more interesting to build. 

I finally got to see a displayed version of this in the Legoland gift shop.  It is a gorgeous set!  On top of that, my six year old fell in love with it, and he's a bit picky with Legos.  He plans to save up choir money for this and the MF.  Of course, he may not get them both before they retire, but who knows.

Recently checked for this in TRU again. The shelf was empty but there was a tag there. When I asked about it, I was told by the employee resetting the LEGO aisle that it was on order for the store, and that it was exciting as this was the first time they'd start to carry it in store "it's been on the website for a while" she informed me... Take what you will from that, but it sure sounds like a decision and not a random or one-off kind of thing

• 2 weeks later...

Just got done building my Slave I.  Wow,  great build, awesome looking end product.  So glad that I got this for my collection.  Does seem a little "flimsy" unlike the USC Tie Fighter which feels like I could throw it across the room and it would land safely, lol.

slavei.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If your TRU doesn't stock it.

None in my area have all year. Even if they did, with the mark up, it's around $159 plus tax so only $11 less.

I was thinking of getting an extra modular with the $30 off but I already have 1 of each. I would feel more confident in a second Slave 1 than a second of any modular.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

What's the lowest that the Slave 1 has been priced to date? Wondering if it's worth it to use a $30 off $150 on Amazon to get this down to $170 plus tax

TRU did buy one get one 50% off late one night last year, didn't last long, either the deal was a mistake or they all got snatched quick.

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Can't wait to finish building this set. Great build so far.

2bdef0eabe5d904266c5390fdd7daf0d_thumb.jpg

490997da73a6d0e0f738a7024f5ee8ef_thumb.jpg

I totally agree. In regards to favorite builds I move it right up there with T1 and the TB. It's too bad this set is going to be massively hoarded because it has a ton of unique pieces and the finally product is amazing, fragile, but amazing.

As somebody with only a very basic knowledge of Star Wars... I really do not like this set. I don't think it's recognizable as Star Wars. I think it's a fairly ugly design, comparatively, for a SW ship. I think unless you're a SW fan, you wouldn't recognize this. Compared to any Tie or X-Wing or SSD etc which is recognizable for most of the population.

It's clearly a top favourite for SW fans. I'll be taking a pass on this one because it doesn't stand out to me, and I like to invest in sets that have broad appeal and are great display pieces which, comparatively, this is not. I also feel like it's been hugely hoarded, similar to Poe's X Wing which I'm also taking a pass on. This does look like a really fun build, though. Its' second-hand value is likely to be out of reach for me. Maybe if it's a huge flop I'll get my hands on one cheap to enjoy the build!

Can anybody inform me of which episodes I should check out to view the Slave in action?

3 minutes ago, mipage said:

As somebody with only a very basic knowledge of Star Wars... I really do not like this set. I don't think it's recognizable as Star Wars. I think it's a fairly ugly design, comparatively, for a SW ship. I think unless you're a SW fan, you wouldn't recognize this. Compared to any Tie or X-Wing or SSD etc which is recognizable for most of the population.

It's clearly a top favourite for SW fans. I'll be taking a pass on this one because it doesn't stand out to me, and I like to invest in sets that have broad appeal and are great display pieces which, comparatively, this is not. I also feel like it's been hugely hoarded, similar to Poe's X Wing which I'm also taking a pass on. This does look like a really fun build, though. Its' second-hand value is likely to be out of reach for me. Maybe if it's a huge flop I'll get my hands on one cheap to enjoy the build!

Can anybody inform me of which episodes I should check out to view the Slave in action?

Just in case you do want to know. 

Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Slave_I

screengrab-2016-07-28.JPG