75060 - UCS: Slave I

kerrmando

I finished building the 75060 UCS Slave 1 the other day.  Here's a quick size comparison between this set with the Hasbro POTF toy (uses the Kenner 1980 toy mold) and set 8097 from 2010. 

image.jpeg

After everything was done, 75060 is a really nice big set and looks great on display.

If I had any "beef" with 75060, it's the fact despite this ship being big (it's true minifig scaled), cargo room is room.  I fully understand UCS sets aren't for "play" but I expected an easier time for my son to insert and remove the Carbonite block since it's a highly advertised feature. Luckily,  the engine exhaust area has a folding upside down light gray "T" section that is helpful if minifigs or the Carbonite element gets stuck inside.    8097 is better in this area but that set was designed for younger fans.
image.jpeg

I did find 75060 kinda fragile since there's isn't a single spot to hold it from while moving it from say, your build area to the display location  I found holding the ship's top and stand (while on the ship is sitting in the stand) was the best way for me to move it from the basement to my son's room. 

For some reason, my excitement was pretty high when i started the build. After finishing it, I remember being more happy after building 8097.  Regardless, this set is a "must have" for Star Wars fans  ...especially for The Empire Strikes Back fans like me.

What ship is this now? I don't recognize it from any of the Star Wars movies.
  • Like 8

When talking about Star Wars and its many ships you also should never forget that these are included in many computer games as well.

One of the more popular star wars games right now would be star wars battlefront which not only features boba fett as a playable character but also Slave I as playable ship.

You can also find boba and his ship in comic books and other media.

Slave I probably will never be as popular as the MF but it is a unique ship which seperates it from all those x-wings and tie fighters as well as other ships.

Also a Boba Fett spin off movie isn't out of the question.

• Like 3

When talking about Star Wars and its many ships you also should never forget that these are included in many computer games as well.

One of the more popular star wars games right now would be star wars battlefront which not only features boba fett as a playable character but also Slave I as playable ship.

You can also find boba and his ship in comic books and other media.

Slave I probably will never be as popular as the MF but it is a unique ship which seperates it from all those x-wings and tie fighters as well as other ships.

Also a Boba Fett spin off movie isn't out of the question.

Wait. I thought we knew there was gonna be a Boba Fett movie?

16 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Wait. I thought we knew there was gonna be a Boba Fett movie?

I thought that the latest speculation was that a Boba Fett movie was considered too mature, or at least a movie simply about a bounty hunter was not in keeping with where Disney wants to move the franchise (i.e. more family rather than father&son) and that he’d be written into the Han Solo movie in some way. 

Edited by feed
  • Like 1

There are different tiers of iconic ships / vehicles / etc in SW. I omitted prequal stuff because that stuff have mostly been zapped out of my head.

top tier - xwing, mill falcon,tie fighter, death star also.  

2nd teir prob consists ISD, SSD, slave 1, Vader's TIE, Imperial Shuttle, landspeeder, Rebel Blockade Runner due to opening of ANH, AT-AT, SnowSpeeder

3rd tier is prob  Sandcrawler, X-Wing, Y-Wing, TIE-Interceptor. desert skiff, Jabba's Sail Barge,

Bottom feeders B-Wing, Rebel Transport, Chicken Walkers, etc...

now one there are items in tiers 2 through bottom feeders that are more popular than better tiered items based on opinion.  Jawa fanatics like me will take a Sandcrawler over a SSD, Fett Fantaics prob rate the Slave 1 better than everything else.  

Regardless where your SW vehicle fits, there are either mainstream or specialized fanbases that will buy.  So in my opinion, the Slave 1 can have higher demand than an X-Wing and MF  because of the Fett Cult just like some folks will go gaga over a A-Wing than a X-Wing,

11 hours ago, jaisonline said:

There are different tiers of iconic ships / vehicles / etc in SW. I omitted prequal stuff because that stuff have mostly been zapped out of my head.

top tier - xwing, mill falcon,tie fighter, death star also.  

2nd teir prob consists ISD, SSD, slave 1, Vader's TIE, Imperial Shuttle, landspeeder, Rebel Blockade Runner due to opening of ANH, AT-AT, SnowSpeeder

3rd tier is prob  Sandcrawler, X-Wing, Y-Wing, TIE-Interceptor. desert skiff, Jabba's Sail Barge,

Bottom feeders B-Wing, Rebel Transport, Chicken Walkers, etc...

now one there are items in tiers 2 through bottom feeders that are more popular than better tiered items based on opinion.  Jawa fanatics like me will take a Sandcrawler over a SSD, Fett Fantaics prob rate the Slave 1 better than everything else.  

Regardless where your SW vehicle fits, there are either mainstream or specialized fanbases that will buy.  So in my opinion, the Slave 1 can have higher demand than an X-Wing and MF  because of the Fett Cult just like some folks will go gaga over a A-Wing than a X-Wing,

Chicken walker bottom feeder? Booo!

I reckon the at-st is an awesome set. Looks mean as.:)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Locutus001 said:

This is true. If you look at some of the other starfighters besides the X-Wing: A-Wing, Y-Wing and B-Wing, even their combined screentime is probably less than the total X-Wing screentime, but they are very popular in video games.

Rogue Squadron in particular had a ton of ships. The Slave 1 is also an unlockable ship in Rogue Squadron 2 and 3.

tumblr_nwpj9r1W2m1sjzj6qo9_1280.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...