75060 - UCS: Slave I

kerrmando

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, LandAhoy said:

Would you Pay RRP for Personal Collection i really want one and not sure if it will vanish soon (Being a Newbie Do i believe the hard to find tag)

Thanks In Advance

If you can wait until September you can get for 20% off during Smyths annual 20% off all lego sale (instore only).

Smyths also do vouchers from time to time (£5 to £20 off coupons).They did quite a few coupons last year which you could use instore and online.

If you want to buy from Lego you can wait until they do double VIP points or a good promo set, and just sell the promo set to recoup some cost.

High probability Slave 1 will be around till at least end of the year, tie fighter looks looks like the more likely set to retire next.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

If you can wait until September you can get for 20% off during Smyths annual 20% off all lego sale (instore only).

Smyths also do vouchers from time to time (£5 to £20 off coupons).They did quite a few coupons last year which you could use instore and online.

If you want to buy from Lego you can wait until they do double VIP points or a good promo set, and just sell the promo set to recoup some cost.

High probability Slave 1 will be around till at least end of the year, tie fighter looks looks like the more likely set to retire next.

I Can wait i just dont want to miss it and end up paying £300 for it LoL

Thanks Will hold off and keep buying the others I'm after.Do you think tie fighter will go just before the new film with a new tie fighter launched is that how it normally works

16 minutes ago, LandAhoy said:

Would you Pay RRP for Personal Collection i really want one and not sure if it will vanish soon (Being a Newbie Do i believe the hard to find tag)

Thanks In Advance

Check Lego at May the 4th. Likely be a decent SW offer given the 40th anniversary.  With VIP it should compare favourably to the Smyths offers.  

• Like 2

On 12/01/2017 at 5:06 PM, feed said:

Check Lego at May the 4th. Likely be a decent SW offer given the 40th anniversary.  With VIP it should compare favourably to the Smyths offers.  

Hopefully it will be that sweet R2-D2 buildable figure.

Then again LEGO are doing their best to crap over the wishes of adult LEGO SW fans being stuck in a set re-release holding pattern and UCS playsets so maybe  America might get another Revan or TC-14 while we get that weak FO Stormtrooper again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, amrandazz said:

What magic have you Americans used to get this below RRP for your collection (particular annual sales, GCs, etc)? It hasn't budged on Amazon per camelcamelcamel. The only thing I can think of is double VIP or a TRU sale that includes this, which none probably do.

It started showing up in TRU stores last April.  Even at their inflated prices, it could be had for a good discount (30% or more) with coupons that were still around, TRUTH, gift cards, etc.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, emazers said:

When it showed up in Toys R Us stores it was $199 just like it should be but now they raised it to $240. When it was $199 I got alot of them for about $120-150 with the 20% tru Coupons and rewards and gift cards.

Yeah. It's unfortunate. I want to pick on up. I will probably end up picking it up on May 4th from SAH. 

51 minutes ago, bigboy61 said:

Yeah. It's unfortunate. I want to pick on up. I will probably end up picking it up on May 4th from SAH. 

I had a manager at the local TRU willing to give the 20% off during Presidents day, but without using my TRU points, and it would have cost about 192 from their inflated prices.  They had two at the store, but they were spider cabled, and so the boxes were dinged quite a bit.  The best raise.com gift card % at the time was about 6.7%, so I thought about it for a few minutes, walked around the store, and then decided to buy about 400.00 worth of other sets that were retired.  I'll probably regret that decision later if the 2015 boxed sets don't appreciate at the same %, but on the same token, i'll be able to sell those sets much sooner. 

• 1 month later...

I just got back into Lego a few months ago and picked up $200 in TRU gift cards at 20% off before realizing how much they jacked up the price on this set. Tomorrow they are doing 15% off your purchase and with rewards points I can get it down to $185. Do you think this makes it worth burning the discounted gift cards?

It also seems like TRU hasn't been inflating prices on the new sets, so I could save the gift cards for the new snowspeeder.

3 minutes ago, Baragon said:

I just got back into Lego a few months ago and picked up $200 in TRU gift cards at 20% off before realizing how much they jacked up the price on this set. Tomorrow they are doing 15% off your purchase and with rewards points I can get it down to $185. Do you think this makes it worth burning the discounted gift cards?

It also seems like TRU hasn't been inflating prices on the new sets, so I could save the gift cards for the new snowspeeder.

It's much better than retail plus tax but-and maybe it's because I can get it at that price-I wouldn't be buying it for more than $150-$160.  It's a very nice set though in my opinion   

It's much better than retail plus tax but-and maybe it's because I can get it at that price-I wouldn't be buying it for more than $150-$160.  It's a very nice set though in my opinion   

I only paid $160 for the gift cards, so in that sense I guess I'd come out okay. This one would be for my personal collection. It is also tempting to buy it at the Lego Store on May 4th for the R2 poly bag, but these gift cards are already paid for.

22 hours ago, Baragon said:

I only paid $160 for the gift cards, so in that sense I guess I'd come out okay. This one would be for my personal collection. It is also tempting to buy it at the Lego Store on May 4th for the R2 poly bag, but these gift cards are already paid for.

Kinda late to party, but that 15% off excludes Hard to Find LEGO.

• Like 1