75060 - UCS: Slave I

kerrmando

17 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Found one at a TRU today. Shelf tag as well. Looking forward to coupons, rewards, TRUTH, and discounted GCs.

Nice! I want a receipt pic when you are done. I'm going to throw down a $130 challenge, if you dare accept. I'll give you a 20% GC discount head start. 

I also picked one of these up at TRU,It was not a return and shelf price was $199.99 I paid using a coupon that was emailed to me for 15% off any regular priced item IN STORE only/Lego was not excluded,the balance I paid in 15% discounted GC for a total of $155.86 w/tax

UCS Slave I.jpg

• Like 5

19 hours ago, thegooch49 said:

Nice! I want a receipt pic when you are done. I'm going to throw down a $130 challenge, if you dare accept. I'll give you a 20% GC discount head start. 

Challenge accepted.

For anyone wondering if it can happen, here's some math:

$199 - 10% TRUTH = $179
$179 - 20% coupon = $143
$143 - 15% Gift Card (not even the 20% you offered) = $122

You can use any Rewards you have after that to get it down even further.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Found one at a TRU today. Shelf tag as well. Looking forward to coupons, rewards, TRUTH, and discounted GCs.

4e6285bbc8c240ebe216097f8dbed833.jpg

only cool thing i notice in this pic are how the kicks are laced. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrJ-NY said:

I also picked one of these up at TRU,It was not a return and shelf price was $199.99 I paid using a coupon that was emailed to me for 15% off any regular priced item IN STORE only/Lego was not excluded,the balance I paid in 15% discounted GC for a total of $155.86 w/tax

UCS Slave I.jpg

That's a great deal. I'd get as many of those as possible.

Do these have 06 seals?

17 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Challenge accepted.

For anyone wondering if it can happen, here's some math:

$199 - 10% TRUTH = $179
$179 - 20% coupon = $143
$143 - 15% Gift Card (not even the 20% you offered) = $122

You can use any Rewards you have after that to get it down even further.

I guess it's time for me to sign up for a TRU cc? Do they give you more than 10% off for signing up?

I guess it's time for me to sign up for a TRU cc? Do they give you more than 10% off for signing up?

15% off when you sign up. You can't combine it with TRUTH, tho.

Not sure how to use TRUTH on a set that is not in stores in my area. Do they really stock the this set at your TRUs on the shelf?

I posted a pic the other day. Not only was it on shelf but there was a shelf tag for it, too. Considering the sightings at other TRUs I'm guess it will be carried in store now, and not just online.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alpinemaps said:

15% off when you sign up. You can't combine it with TRUTH, tho.

I posted a pic the other day. Not only was it on shelf but there was a shelf tag for it, too. Considering the sightings at other TRUs I'm guess it will be carried in store now, and not just online.

Crazy, had no idea. Only big sets I have ever seen in TRU are Technic flagships. Will keep an eye out. Crazy

13 minutes ago, MarxMarvelous said:

Not sure how to use TRUTH on a set that is not in stores in my area. Do they really stock the this set at your TRUs on the shelf?

Easiest way to find one is to go to the TRU website and wait for the chat box to popup asking if you'd like help.  Just tell them what you want (easiest if you have the webpage copied to paste in the chat) and tell them your zip code.  They can tell you the closest store that has stock.  If you're friendly with the store manager, you can get them to look it up in their system and can see every store in the area.  The system at my TRU shows all of OK, TX, and AR.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mrbigz8657 said:

I have two of them from tru at a cost of 335 but I just realized they have been resealed. 46r5 and then 48r5. Any ideas why this is. 

Lego using tactics to mess with us :derisive:

Only thing I can think of is imports. Maybe there is some difference between US vs EU vs Asian boxes/manuals? Never noticed any reseals before.

Or perhaps an error in packaging? Although usually the boxes are weighed to check correct contents.

Edited by c_rpg