75060 - UCS: Slave I

kerrmando

• 3 weeks later...

How many minifigs come with this set guys? I am getting a bit confused because I seem to have 4 only including Han Solo in carbonite, however on some pictures I see a minifig of Luke Skywalker too. Did I lose the 5th minifigure which is Luke or I am missing something....

4 minifigs as already answered, Didn't even need to leave Brickpicker to use google :)

Pretty cool how the price guide pages have become for sets in general.

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=75060-1

Finally saw the set in-person over the weekend. Pretty darn big.

Hmm, I didn't realise it's Actually Han Solo but its placed inside the carbonite (judging by all the pics on the net). Will look at it tonight when get home

How many minifigs come with this set guys? I am getting a bit confused because I seem to have 4 only including Han Solo in carbonite, however on some pictures I see a minifig of Luke Skywalker too. Did I lose the 5th minifigure which is Luke or I am missing something....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With the new Star Wars Anthology (spinoff) movie looking like it's a Boba Fett story, I could really see Slave 1 being a smart investment.  This set will most likely be retired by the time the Boba Fett movie comes out (2018 I think).  Anyway, that ship will be heavily featured in the film, I am sure.  And it's an awesome build and display piece.  I love my personal set.

Yes, my thoughts exactly! After reading the article on the new spinoffs I thought...hmmmm, that would make the Slave I even more popular..besides the fact it's an iconic ship!

I like the set and I like the fact it's quite different from the rest of the ships. Amazing designs from Ralph McQuarrie and his team of concept artists. All of them different and all of them looking amazing...will be difficult to beat that in the new trilogy.

As with the Lego execution on the Slave I. I think it's a bit flimsy. Especially the way the side panels are fixed to the main body. Quite unresolved I have to say. The rest of the ship is quite sturdy and solid, but the way these panels are attached on each side is quite a joke.

With the new Star Wars Anthology (spinoff) movie looking like it's a Boba Fett story, I could really see Slave 1 being a smart investment.  This set will most likely be retired by the time the Boba Fett movie comes out (2018 I think).  Anyway, that ship will be heavily featured in the film, I am sure.  And it's an awesome build and display piece.  I love my personal set.

• 2 months later...

Did you email Lego about this?  I have a Slave 1 arriving today, and want to go ahead and get ahold of the correct sticker asap.

I'm sure it will have the correct sticker. I went to my local LEGO store yesterday when I bought this, so I assume what they have stocked is the correct sheet.

It's not that big of rush honestly.  If it's the misspelled one, Lego is really good about getting one out within a couple of days.  Mine took a couple of weeks, because I was one of the first few who asked Lego for an updated sticker sheet, and they were completely out.  But I eventually received one with the corrected spelling.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't go to the Lego store often. I was just there yesterday after not having gone in the past 4-5 months. Saw the UCS Slave I on display and it gets me every time how impressive the set looks. I know it's still early for this set but I think this one's a winner all the way. Will try to get as many as I can with as much discounts/promos over the next year or so.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Some people say the trend for producing UCS sets are 2 years, but I believe realistically that number should be closer to 3, and I'm guessing S1 will run for 3 years as well.    

Quite likely. I think TLG is adjusting their production schedule to match increased demand by increasing numbers of Lego collectors.

There is no trend. Some early ones were available for more than 2 years and some later ones for less but the average is a little over 2. Now we are in impasse as until at least next year none should retire - maybe longer. If they start turning out TFA UCS sets then perhaps the 2 year average will be maintained.

• 1 month later...
On 5.5.2015, 22:12:26, templesweeper said:

Depends. Maybe they will keep the set around until after the movie comes out, i.e. 2020. Probably not, but it might require us to hold them in stock till then ... unless Boba Fett shows up in Rogue One.