75060 - UCS: Slave I

kerrmando

As for the Sandcrawler, it's a hulking mass of metal that moves very slow. It works for me.

Sounds like my first car.

Is Sandcrawler a ship? Because it was ugly too...

It's a tank made from scrap driven by midgets vertically challenged individuals who like scrap that use it to search for even more scrap.
  • Like 3

Now I believe every UCS model will have exclusive figs down the line. It's a good thing because LEGO will try to come up with new and interesting stuff each time and we are not the ones who would scoff at their availability only in expensive sets since most of us would buy them without figs too anyway.

Not my fav ship this Slave I, but still like it. Makes and awesome rumbling sound in the movies too! As a set....AWESOME! 2000pcs ...hmm I wonder how big it is, we have not real reference, apart from the minifigs. 

LEGO is just making a fantastic job! The Tumbler, the Sandcrawler, the Parisian Restaurants, now this...all their recent sets look absolutely amazing!!!!! I can't wait to buy it when it becomes available!

Question is ...which one will retire first - R2D2 or Death Star... my money is on the DS!

Most Star Wars ships aren't going to win beauty contests, but that's what's great about them.  They are utilitarian, dirty, bulky.  I think that's why I like most OT ships better than PT ships, the PT ships are way too clean and sleek looking.  Look at the MF, Lucas said that he came up with the design at lunch where his olive was stuck in the side of a hamburger bun with a toothpick.  And that turned out to the be most iconic ship in Star Wars :)

Now that I've seen this I might sell off my used 8097 while the gettings good and put that money into the UCS version.

Neat fact.  Thanks for sharing.

Most Star Wars ships aren't going to win beauty contests, but that's what's great about them.  They are utilitarian, dirty, bulky.  I think that's why I like most OT ships better than PT ships, the PT ships are way too clean and sleek looking.  Look at the MF, Lucas said that he came up with the design at lunch where his olive was stuck in the side of a hamburger bun with a toothpick.  And that turned out to the be most iconic ship in Star Wars :)

Now that I've seen this I might sell off my used 8097 while the gettings good and put that money into the UCS version.

That's a cool fact. Never knew that the idea of the MF came from a hamburger bun with an olive stuck on the side with a toothpick.

Now I believe every UCS model will have exclusive figs down the line. It's a good thing because LEGO will try to come up with new and interesting stuff each time and we are not the ones who would scoff at their availability only in expensive sets since most of us would buy them without figs too anyway.

The days of the exclusive minifigures are coming to an end IMO...the "Knockoff Market" has taken care of that.  LEGO might have to come up with a special packaging or marking for minifigures if they are so important to fans and collectors.  

The days of the exclusive minifigures are coming to an end IMO...the "Knockoff Market" has taken care of that.  LEGO might have to come up with a special packaging or marking for minifigures if they are so important to fans and collectors.

i have same thoughts whenever I see the china fakes. That's why lego tries to incorporate online games with the upcoming CMF series, but I think this new effort will fail. The copy cats are now going for popular small sets.

Lego strength is in large and complex sets, in which the copycats does not have the economy of scale to fight with lego.

Lego did an outstanding job with this set.  I had always wondered how they would achieve the curving on a larger ship than 8097.  I also really like the new windshield piece.  This set is screaming to add a new Cloud City playset to land this on.  Seriously, move that 10188 out and get the new CC in Lego!!  I also think that Han Solo is not aging well in Lego.  They keep giving him more and more lines on his face.  He must have been out in the sun way too much.  The new Boba and Bespin Guard are great too.  I like the new officer hat that they came up with as well that I believe we saw new in the Star Wars sets this year. 

A Bespin Lando would have been great here, I'm going to assume he's being saved for the Cloud City of my dreams along with Bespin Leia and Luke, new Chewie, and Ugnaughts.

Lego did an outstanding job with this set.  I had always wondered how they would achieve the curving on a larger ship than 8097.  I also really like the new windshield piece.  This set is screaming to add a new Cloud City playset to land this on.  Seriously, move that 10188 out and get the new CC in Lego!!  I also think that Han Solo is not aging well in Lego.  They keep giving him more and more lines on his face.  He must have been out in the sun way too much.  The new Boba and Bespin Guard are great too.  I like the new officer hat that they came up with as well that I believe we saw new in the Star Wars sets this year. 

A Bespin Lando would have been great here, I'm going to assume he's being saved for the Cloud City of my dreams along with Bespin Leia and Luke, new Chewie, and Ugnaughts.

We definitely need lego ugnaughts!  And a fully disassembled lego C3PO that can ride on Chewie's back.  Or at least a C3PO head that pops out of a backpack.

Does anyone know when this will retire and how much will it be worth when it does? Is this gonna be sold out as soon as it goes live? I hope when I order it I get an order confirmation otherwise im gonna freak out.

Valid concern here. Just to help you out, pay me $300 + tax and shipping, I will make sure you will get one :)

Seriously, you will have 2 years or more to buy this.