Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Today my CX "customer experience NCX rate jumped to very poor saying my performance or quality is not adequate because get this on a Hidden Side set return the customer made the comment " This is a lot scarier for my child than i anticipated". You can't make this stuff up. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tonka858 said:

in inventory view, to the far right click edit, in that window go aways down and look for 

Maximum Order Quantity

strange.  That's what I did and it changed to FBM.  Changed it back to FBA and it still showed my "total" inventory.  Just looked again now (several hours later) and it's showing the "max".

I held back all of my storm trooper helmets last year and WOW... pushing 190. Feels like I'm back in 2010. Rarely is it the correct choice (mathematically) to hold a set that was already doing well. In this case it definitely was the right choice. There are definitely still winners out there, but its getting harder.

For all the newbies out there. We are definitely in a different economic situation. There is still money to be made but you have to be smart with your choices. Be patient and mindful about the deals you are spending on and don't over extend yourself as we will not see similar returns as previous years. You don't want to put yourself in a fire sale position to cover your bills. Some things may be worth holding a few extra years, others may be worth dumping at cost to find better opportunities (things that perform better in a slow economy).

There are a lot of "non retiring" large sets being sold off aggressively right now. If I had to guess they ARE NOT secret retirements. Most of this data is leaked and pretty well known at this point. I'd guess the stores have massive quantities of them and have more holiday shipments coming and clearing space. Some of my banned accounts are reactivated now (strange) and quantity limits are non existent. Stuffs about to get very cheap. Choose your path forward wisely.

Hope everyone has a Happy Holidays.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Collusion is illegal. But what is to be done when you only have 1 competitor who insists on undercutting by 1  penny? I keep on matching and he keeps on lowering. Weve spiraled down $30 so far and he just doesnt get it to let us match. And this is on multiple items. So frustrating.

You have to either suck it up and keep lowering your price until the competitor cries uncle or suck it up and stick with a higher price hoping that they'll sell through.  Colluding on price is price fixing and is highly illegal.  There was a group of sellers that was recently prosecuted for some type of price fixing scheme on Amazon and I suspect that we will see more prosecutions like that in the years to come.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Collusion is illegal. But what is to be done when you only have 1 competitor who insists on undercutting by 1  penny? I keep on matching and he keeps on lowering. Weve spiraled down $30 so far and he just doesnt get it to let us match. And this is on multiple items. So frustrating.

start dropping the price by $10 and keep going until hopefully competitors stock gets gobbled up before yours and u can reset or u have found the limits of their repricer and then adjust accordingly.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cladner said:

start dropping the price by $10 and keep going until hopefully competitors stock gets gobbled up before yours and u can reset or u have found the limits of their repricer and then adjust accordingly.  

Isnt that the game we play every year? For EU/German market I can tell there are more "newer" sellers with bigger quantities (Like 100+) than previous years (10-30 pcs)

Lets see how this plays out.

Im ready to dump some stock which has not performed as I anticipated. 

Let the games begin, good luck to all.

I recently sent 6 shipments to Amazon FBA and 3 of them had some discrepancies or missing items. 1 of which lost an entire box of 4 Ninjago Destin bounties. 

Has anyone else noticed this trend of Amazon losing items in shipments? Missing items in 50% of my shipments seems to me really high to me.

Now there are asking for invoices to prove my ownership of them. What happens if I can't produce such documents since some of the sets lost were really old.

40 minutes ago, woodyhtc said:

I recently sent 6 shipments to Amazon FBA and 3 of them had some discrepancies or missing items. 1 of which lost an entire box of 4 Ninjago Destin bounties. 

Has anyone else noticed this trend of Amazon losing items in shipments? Missing items in 50% of my shipments seems to me really high to me.

Now there are asking for invoices to prove my ownership of them. What happens if I can't produce such documents since some of the sets lost were really old.

ive had shipments with zero units received. Nothing to do about the situation besides show invoices. Even receipts have worked for me, but officially they dont. Good luck

On a recent shipment where they received 0 units, despite the inventory ledger report showing all units had been received in full at both the original warehouse and the transferred to warehouse, I reconciled the shipment with Amazon Walmart and target receipts and was reimbursed in full at what I considered a fair price. All items were at least 2 years retired so the reimbursement algorithm was fair, on newer items reimbursement can be terrible. If selling on Amazon FBA saving receipts is an absolute must, especially now that they lose things more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the process for having the best chance of winning a SAFE-T claim these days?

A buyer ordered a $155 item from me but returned a different item (the returned item is worth almost nothing).

When I tried to initiated the SAFE-T claim, I got this error message: "Seller needs to be debited to be eligible to file SAFE-T claim."

So should I refund 50% and then open a SAFE-T claim to try to get the other 50%? Or should I wait until Amazon issues the refund and then open a SAFE-T claim?

Edit: I just checked the refund page, and I can apparently charge a 100% restocking fee for "materially different". I think I did this before a while ago, but the buyer just opened a chargeback; the buyer lost the first chargeback attempt but won the second chargeback attempt.

It is complicated but here are your options:

if you wait till Amazon refunds that’s at least a 7 day period so if buyer open az claim in the meantime you will lose since you are supposed to refund within 2 business daysx No safe-t claim can be opened after az . if buyer somehow waits and Amazon refunds then yes you are eligible for safe-t claim.

if you refund anything you can’t open a safe-t claim so if you refund 50% you can kiss the other 50% goodbye 

Since it is materially different I would refund $1 and then  force them to open an AZ claim if they want to fight it since I don’t negotiate with Amazon terrorists. Keep in mind the if you refund 1$ your chances of winning an az claim are much lower than 50% and in both cases the buyer can leave a negative (they can leave a negative in any case but chances go up ) One trick one you use use if you charge a  high restocking is to send pictures to buyer of the returned via DM before they open an AZ claim so Amazon can see that( emphasis that’s for Amazon to see not to have a discussion with the buyer) 
keep in mind they can also do a charge back so you do what you think is best for your business 

class dismissed 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

It is complicated but here are your options:

if you wait till Amazon refunds that’s at least a 7 day period so if buyer open az claim in the meantime you will lose since you are supposed to refund within 2 business daysx No safe-t claim can be opened after az . if buyer somehow waits and Amazon refunds then yes you are eligible for safe-t claim.

if you refund anything you can’t open a safe-t claim so if you refund 50% you can kiss the other 50% goodbye 

Since it is materially different I would refund $1 and then  force them to open an AZ claim if they want to fight it since I don’t negotiate with Amazon terrorists. Keep in mind the if you refund 1$ your chances of winning an az claim are much lower than 50% and in both cases the buyer can leave a negative (they can leave a negative in any case but chances go up ) One trick one you use use if you charge a  high restocking is to send pictures to buyer of the returned via DM before they open an AZ claim so Amazon can see that( emphasis that’s for Amazon to see not to have a discussion with the buyer) 
keep in mind they can also do a charge back so you do what you think is best for your business 

class dismissed 

What's the reason to refund $1 instead of doing a 100% restocking fee?