Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

1 hour ago, pharmjod said:

I would expect that return to possibly be opened and missing the printed pieces. Hopefully not. 

Or he's just swapping a damaged box for the one you sent him. Either way, douche move but that's expected from the worst Amazon customers. 

That's what I figured.  He's just exchanging a box.  Either way I'll have to open now . . .

Not sure I"m ever going to move these.  Just a slow drip.

Dang 

Another chargeback hit. For an order from Feb 2023.

Buyer returned a lego via USPS. USPS shows delivery in another  town/zip code. No signature was requested.

Buyer filed a to z. Amazon denied it.

Buyer filed chargeback. Amazon concluded stating defended chargeback.

3 months later, got an email  just now stating - screw you.

"The customer filed a chargeback for Order [ 114-5265009-6228227].

After Amazon represented the chargeback for you, the customer re-disputed the charge through their card issuer.

The representment in the re-disputed case was unsuccessful and you are responsible for this chargeback. Amazon will debit your account in the amount of [256.79 USD]."

Is anyone else seeing an uptick on chargebacks or is it just me?

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, vasp said:

Dang 

Another chargeback hit. For an order from Feb 2023.

Buyer returned a lego via USPS. USPS shows delivery in another  town/zip code. No signature was requested.

Buyer filed a to z. Amazon denied it.

Buyer filed chargeback. Amazon concluded stating defended chargeback.

3 months later, got an email  just now stating - screw you.

"The customer filed a chargeback for Order [ 114-5265009-6228227].

After Amazon represented the chargeback for you, the customer re-disputed the charge through their card issuer.

The representment in the re-disputed case was unsuccessful and you are responsible for this chargeback. Amazon will debit your account in the amount of [256.79 USD]."

seeing an uptick in box queens asking for replacements.  sorry, my fbm store just ran out of stock and looks like its going to cost you $10 more now to get that (hopefully) minty replacement from some other seller.  gfy.

9 hours ago, vasp said:

I've never had one (that I've noticed) via Amazon, but in my other business I definitely have seen an uptick in chargebacks.  Really can't do anything about it and there's no incentive for the CC companies to do anything either.  Only the merchant looses so who really cares.

Had some fraud on my card a few years ago that I called on and had reversed.  I noticed later they reversed a restaurant bill for $200- $300 that I did not report as fraud.  Called my bank back and they told me its already done, just keep the money.  No incentive to get it right.  Take the funds back from the merchant and charge them a fee for the inconvenience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brickolodon said:

cannt find amazon seasonal sales requirements for 2023 Toys holiday selling FBM

Amazon killed it. That's what killed the holiday price surges as flood gates opened and prices rush to the bottom,

Edited by vasp
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, vasp said:

Amazon killed it. That's what killed the holiday price surges as flood gates opened and prices rush to the bottom,

That, along with the gates for LEGO generally being thrown wide open and all the idiot influences out there broadcasting to everyone how to make money reselling.

I've recently noticed a few retired products that amazon are now selling. In the uk 76384 herboligy is now available with quite a lot of stock, 75891 Chevrolet also. The scout trooper helmet recently had a 4 to 6 week dispatch date among a few other retired sets. Is this amazon eu just finding pallets of stock from somewhere? The 4 to 6 week and longer dispatch dates are misleading and implies that stock is on the way. Also I guess they could be errors but does this sort of thing happen a lot where large quantity's of retired stock suddenly appear?

Edited by nolan808

58 minutes ago, nolan808 said:

I've recently noticed a few retired products that amazon are now selling. In the uk 76384 herboligy is now available with quite a lot of stock, 75891 Chevrolet also. The scout trooper helmet recently had a 4 to 6 week dispatch date among a few other retired sets. Is this amazon eu just finding pallets of stock from somewhere? The 4 to 6 week and longer dispatch dates are misleading and implies that stock is on the way. Also I guess they could be errors but does this sort of thing happen a lot where large quantity's of retired stock suddenly appear?

can u share a link to 76384 - i only see 3rd party sellers

5 hours ago, nolan808 said:

I've seen a couple minor sets pop up here in US.

How's Amazon FBA been receiving goods for you guys?  I still have shipments from July 29th, August 7th and August 14th still in receiving.

6 hours ago, nolan808 said:

Some sets were probably overproduced, like 71748.

But in general when it's 4-6 weeks or temporarily unavailable (75302 had been temporarily unavailable for 6 months), this is just a bug I believe - these sets will never be in stock.

When you see Amazon EU selling stuff AND it's available, this can be Amazon's feature for FBA - there's a setting where you can allow Amazon to buy your stock and sell globally. Happens to my stock often, when I see Amazon as a buyer. So Amazon advertises listings and if someone buys, Amazon will pay some EU seller and use their stock to fulfil the order.

Very occasionally though Amazon truly finds some old dusty stock and sell it themselves. I bought a few 21045 before Christmas and they were showing "Temporarily Out of Stock". Couple of days ago got email with estimated delivery in 2 weeks. Let's see...

1 hour ago, gmpirate said:

I've seen a couple minor sets pop up here in US.

How's Amazon FBA been receiving goods for you guys?  I still have shipments from July 29th, August 7th and August 14th still in receiving.

In UK pretty decent. Max 7-10 days to get it checked in, then further 5-10 days if stock being send to another warehouse. All my shipments (around 70) from beginning of August have been received in full

• Thanks 1

I'm currently using FBM and have quite a few Lego boxes that are sealed but damaged, some ranging from very minor damage to others more worse off. For box damage I assume I would list as Used Like New on amazon and state the damage to the box with a reduction to price on how damaged the box is?

I was thinking that around a 10 to 20 percent reduction for Used Like New items would be sufficient. Is anyone using this and from your experience what sort of results would you expect to get? Will stuff sell fast enough or does it tend to just sit there due to not having the buy box?

Thanks in advance 

38 minutes ago, nolan808 said:

I'm currently using FBM and have quite a few Lego boxes that are sealed but damaged, some ranging from very minor damage to others more worse off. For box damage I assume I would list as Used Like New on amazon and state the damage to the box with a reduction to price on how damaged the box is?

I was thinking that around a 10 to 20 percent reduction for Used Like New items would be sufficient. Is anyone using this and from your experience what sort of results would you expect to get? Will stuff sell fast enough or does it tend to just sit there due to not having the buy box?

Thanks in advance 

Your strategy is solid. Even with a 15% discount, they can be slow sellers.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, nolan808 said:

Thanks in advance 

I would not list it as used.  That is inaccurate. Used means someone opened it up and bricks are loose.   I would not sell anything used on amazon.

List it as LIKE NEW COLLECTIBLE.

Sell for 10% less than instock FBM.

Only list one of the set at a time.  Don't list multiple damaged of the same set.  you will not sell any.  If you trickle them out one at a time you won't trigger a price war and you create a sense of limited availability in the prospective buyer's mind.

Don't be overly descriptive.  Keep it simple. You are trying to sell to someone looking for a good deal, not a nitpicking box queen.  I describe  a damaged box as "New sealed unopened LEGO set with dented (front/back).  hole in the front.  Item has never been opened, built or played with" No pictures.  If anyone messages you asking for a picture, this is not a buyer u want to deal with.   i would say no and take down the listing to give them a taste of some soup nazi.  

i sell a ton of damaged star wars sets.  the most ironic thing is i sell these for much higher prices than  i sold the mint ones a year ago.

buybox is for people who want new item fast so that's a different customer than what u want. 

i have never once had someone return a set sold like new collectible.

on occasion, i will list a  perfectly minty slow moving set as like new collectible and knock price down by 10% just to avoid a price war because i know there is essentially zero chance its going to be returned.

Edited by cladner