Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

1 minute ago, pharmjod said:

For real. I'm still dumbfounded LEGO / Amazon is still letting this fly. Or ever did for that matter. 

It won't last forever.  Up until now, it seems like there hasn't been a strong reason for Amazon or LEGO to crack down on resellers on the platform, but I suspect that, at some point, someone is going to do something egregious enough to catch their attention and prompt action.

• Like 1

The gate was blasted open after the Covid shortages and has not been tightened at all.

Every 6 months I open a new account in my wife's name to see what the gate looks like. The last time I tried was towards the end of March. I scanned in and submitted a walmart receipt that came out of the self checkout line. Approved a couple days later. Maybe next time I'll write my own receipt in crayon to really test the bots/underpaid workers. Each new seller is just a fee generator until Lego actually cracks down and tells Amazon to close the gates. 

Opening the gates killed the market more than anything. We could still count on grandma to like the "safety" of Amazon, and the newbies could battle each other on Mercari and eBay. Once they got into our territory the easy money disappeared and this became work.

It's a shame so many people continue to give step by step guides to getting ungated under the impression that there is enough customer to satisfy all the offerings. Now FBA is just hoping your stuff gets there correctly, paying storage fees, and having a sale price 10% higher than eBay. 

Edited by brickvoyeur

59 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

The gate was blasted open after the Covid shortages and has not been tightened at all.

Every 6 months I open a new account in my wife's name to see what the gate looks like. The last time I tried was towards the end of March. I scanned in and submitted a walmart receipt that came out of the self checkout line. Approved a couple days later. Maybe next time I'll write my own receipt in crayon to really test the bots/underpaid workers. Each new seller is just a fee generator until Lego actually cracks down and tells Amazon to close the gates. 

Opening the gates killed the market more than anything. We could still count on grandma to like the "safety" of Amazon, and the newbies could battle each other on Mercari and eBay. Once they got into our territory the easy money disappeared and this became work.

It's a shame so many people continue to give step by step guides to getting ungated under the impression that there is enough customer to satisfy all the offerings. Now FBA is just hoping your stuff gets there correctly, paying storage fees, and having a sale price 10% higher than eBay. 

It seems like the gate was starting to soften just before COVID hit and then blew wide open.  Most of those people who give the step-by-step guides tend to be somewhere between total newbies (e.g., the guys posting the “what I’ve learned from 2 months of LEGO investing” videos) to relative newcomers who have only been in the market for 2-4 years.  They will all learn sooner or later that the market isn’t a “rising tide lifts all ships” situation.  Now, more than ever, volume is one of the only ways to make anything more than hobby money selling LEGO.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, CsabaLazlo said:

Mould King have a store on Amazon.co.uk so they seem to be happy with blatant IP theft.

The US site has it too. Tons of IP theft. Amazon doesn't have incentive to care until the IP holder complains enough. The star wars set listings have videos that show scenes from the movies as part of the display. 

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/500EA386-5781-436B-BD70-2A072F31FC9B

1 minute ago, brickvoyeur said:

The US site has it too. Tons of IP theft. Amazon doesn't have incentive to care until the IP holder complains enough. The star wars set listings have videos that show scenes from the movies as part of the display. 

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/500EA386-5781-436B-BD70-2A072F31FC9B

To be fair, it’s not Amazon’s job to police IP usage on their platform proactively.  They can if they think it is hurting their consumer experience, but, otherwise, it is up to the rights holder to police infringing uses of their IP.

Do others have the scenario where a lot of FBA orders are just sitting in pending for 1 weeks, even 2??

I have like 10 orders from weeks ago just stuck in pending and I know sometimes it’s payment but this seems to be quite a bit. Don’t know if there is anything to do other than wait?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, scatttcat said:

Do others have the scenario where a lot of FBA orders are just sitting in pending for 1 weeks, even 2??

I have like 10 orders from weeks ago just stuck in pending and I know sometimes it’s payment but this seems to be quite a bit. Don’t know if there is anything to do other than wait?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two shipments waiting.  They arrived at warehouse next day and maybe 12 units available for sale out of maybe a 1000.  One shipment from 2 weeks ago and another 1 week.  One notice said the first shipment would be accounted for by the 29th.

3 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

I have two shipments waiting.  They arrived at warehouse next day and maybe 12 units available for sale out of maybe a 1000.  One shipment from 2 weeks ago and another 1 week.  One notice said the first shipment would be accounted for by the 29th.

Oh sorry, I wasn't talking about product shipments to Amazon, I was talking about customer orders. I just have these orders racking up as "open orders" but Amazon isn't shipping and some have been 3 weeks now. Just didn't know how normal this was.

image.png.67a969ba845ddbc85e0f96734033e606.png

3 minutes ago, scatttcat said:

Oh sorry, I wasn't talking about product shipments to Amazon, I was talking about customer orders. I just have these orders racking up as "open orders" but Amazon isn't shipping and some have been 3 weeks now. Just didn't know how normal this was.

image.png.67a969ba845ddbc85e0f96734033e606.png

I have sold/shipped three FBA items and have 1 pending.

Amazon is messed up with this fair pricing tool - listing deactivation.

FF packaging of 70840 BB is at $899 with highest price being $1174.

Standard packaging at $829 is deactivated due to high price.

Amazon wants it listed at $656.99 (Ridiculous)

Hello everyone, just a quick question if anyone can help.

I just need a little advise with regards to sending Lego into the warehouse for FBA. 

I'm just a little confused on how to pack the items up correctly for minimal damage and to meet amazons requirements.

Do you add any extra packaging to each individual box or do you just fit them all into a strong outer box and send them in. I'm concerned about damage in transit and in the warehouse etc.

Also with regards to the fnsku labels I understand that many people put the label over the barcode but wont people be fussy about box condition?

Thanks in advance.

40 minutes ago, nolan808 said:

Do you add any extra packaging to each individual box or do you just fit them all into a strong outer box and send them in. I'm concerned about damage in transit and in the warehouse etc.

Also with regards to the fnsku labels I understand that many people put the label over the barcode but wont people be fussy about box condition?

Thanks in advance.

no one care about labels.

3 factors determine how strong a box i use.

1) $$$$$$

2) Collectibility type set? Picky ppl the buyers will be

3) flimsy sets (like brickheadz)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

no one care about labels.

3 factors determine how strong a box i use.

1) $$$$$$

2) Collectibility type set? Picky ppl the buyers will be

3) flimsy sets (like brickheadz)

I would use the best available boxes, If one set is getting damaged during transit it was worth the Investment.

When i have the factory Box of lego I put those in big box I send to Amazon, and ofc i use wrapping paper (is that the correct Term?)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sozial said:

I would use the best available boxes, If one set is getting damaged during transit it was worth the Investment.

When i have the factory Box of lego I put those in big box I send to Amazon, and ofc i use wrapping paper (is that the correct Term?)

To me best available boxes = double walled. Since they can be pricy, $7 for a 20 x 20 x 20, I reserve those for the categories I mentioned above.

Obviously nothing gets sent in garbage boxes,,,

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

To me best available boxes = double walled. Since they can be pricy, $7 for a 20 x 20 x 20, I reserve those for the categories I mentioned above.

Obviously nothing gets sent in garbage boxes,,,

Here I payed 3,45€ for 60x60x60 cm or 2,85€ for 50x50x50 Double walled boxes, but I have to take quite a few pieces to get the price. I use these for everything because i know those boxes are within the max dimensions. 

I do not want to measure boxes I received, that is time I can spend somewhere better. (Like posting Here - 🤣)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sozial said:

Here I payed 3,45€ for 60x60x60 cm or 2,85€ for 50x50x50 Double walled boxes, but I have to take quite a few pieces to get the price. I use these for everything because i know those boxes are within the max dimensions. 

I do not want to measure boxes I received, that is time I can spend somewhere better. (Like posting Here - 🤣)

those are great prices, id ship everything double walled if i could get that type of pricing