Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

16 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Not sure how ppl make those secondaly alternative listings but 42121 needs one in a bad way, its been straightjacket  suppressed for half year straight.

There is a funky second one but someone please make a regular alternative. main listing stagnated at $68, should be closer to $100 I would think.

image.png.d2957ce841da371b28fff933c04d017f.png

Amazon has been giving back the buy box on a lot of items over the last month, 42121 needs the buy box back, the sales rank is pretty bad

anyone getting seeing sudden increase in # of return to senders on fbm sales?  i get these a few times a year but have had 5 in the last 10 days which is not normal.   

all lower value sets.   the address labels have google verifiable addresses.  of course my paranoid self has me wondering if this is some new type of way ignoble competing sellers try to tie up/knock out inventory or if amazon is the one to blame.  items arrive returned unopened.  4 were USPS, 1 was UPS.

48 minutes ago, cladner said:

anyone getting seeing sudden increase in # of return to senders on fbm sales?  i get these a few times a year but have had 5 in the last 10 days which is not normal.   

all lower value sets.   the address labels have google verifiable addresses.  of course my paranoid self has me wondering if this is some new type of way ignoble competing sellers try to tie up/knock out inventory or if amazon is the one to blame.  items arrive returned unopened.  4 were USPS, 1 was UPS.

well if its another seller, it would be more likely to be that orders come from one area, because the sellers ask his friends to order a certain set. I think its a coincedence.

1 hour ago, Sozial said:

well if its another seller, it would be more likely to be that orders come from one area, because the sellers ask his friends to order a certain set. I think it’s a coincedence.

Agree that is most logical.  2 of the orders were from importer-exporter (vandelay lol) types for foreign buyers. Just weird so many so quick.  At least my items were expertly packed and survived the round trip though the shipping costs were the appetizer with tonight’s dinner.🫤

Hello.  I have a few questions about selling on Amazon.  I’m a new FBM seller.  I’m ungated and have most of my inventory listed.

-I couldn’t list a couple of retired sets (Mandalorian Starfighter, Technic Ford F-150 Raptor). Any idea why?  Amazon messages are less than helpful.  Will I be able to sell these in the future?

-I also tried to list a few sets retiring this year but couldn’t (Imperial Scythe, Luke Skywalker helmet).  Too soon?  What’s going on here?

For both of these situations others already have listings for these so why can’t I make listings?  I’m just trying to understand the rules.  Thanks in advance for any help.

2 hours ago, Brickboy74 said:

Hello.  I have a few questions about selling on Amazon.  I’m a new FBM seller.  I’m ungated and have most of my inventory listed.

-I couldn’t list a couple of retired sets (Mandalorian Starfighter, Technic Ford F-150 Raptor). Any idea why?  Amazon messages are less than helpful.  Will I be able to sell these in the future?

-I also tried to list a few sets retiring this year but couldn’t (Imperial Scythe, Luke Skywalker helmet).  Too soon?  What’s going on here?

For both of these situations others already have listings for these so why can’t I make listings?  I’m just trying to understand the rules.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome to Amazon where their job seems to make it impossible to even sell stuff with them!

10 hours ago, Brickboy74 said:

This is pretty standard fare for Amazon around this time of year.  You can never be absolutely certain what they're doing and they'll certainly never give you a straight answer, but, in years past, they have gated a variety of toys during the peak of the holiday season.  The gates generally disappear after the start of the year, but, again, you never can tell for sure.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason.  If there are rules they change all the time.  There's always ebay for stock amz won't let you list.  And if an amz listing gets deactivated for some reason you can usually relist.  I wouldn't bother trying to get a real answer or worry that you are doing anything wrong.  Good luck.

No rules. In my opinion it is amazon’s way to control supply and keep the competition at check especially on newer sets that have not yet retired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

https://www.404media.co/artemis-refund-group-stole-700-000-from-amazon/

"Last week, before we learned about the arrests, 404 Media was researching refunding scams on the illegallifeprotips2 subreddit, which has more than 100,000 subscribers. One post by a moderator on that subreddit from three months ago explains different strategies for different retailers. For Amazon, for example, the moderator wrote that scammers should “wait one day after the item has been marked delivered, and contact their live chat” and tell them the delivery didn’t arrive, or that it was stolen from the porch. “If they ask for a police report you can either make a false one if you so desire, since the police are never going to prioritize or even search such matters. Or you can find another agent until they instantly refund you.”"

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Phil B said:

"Last week, before we learned about the arrests, 404 Media was researching refunding scams on the illegallifeprotips2 subreddit, which has more than 100,000 subscribers. One post by a moderator on that subreddit from three months ago explains different strategies for different retailers. For Amazon, for example, the moderator wrote that scammers should “wait one day after the item has been marked delivered, and contact their live chat” and tell them the delivery didn’t arrive, or that it was stolen from the porch. “If they ask for a police report you can either make a false one if you so desire, since the police are never going to prioritize or even search such matters. Or you can find another agent until they instantly refund you.”"

700k seems like a pretty low number for the likes of Amazon

7 hours ago, Phil B said:

Funny I read this today... just tonight I received a refund message because "order not received"--and it was fulfilled by FBA. I didn't think FBA orders were refunded out of our balance for items not received, but I sure paid the price on this one... sheesh. 

• Sad 1