Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

42 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Check your return shipping charges on FBM orders. Looks like Amazon is charging return shipping on some older returns even when they are buyer faulted or seller won a Safe-T claim 

Same, charged for 2-month-old returns.

So, customer says the box they received via UPS was opened and retaped with the Lego set missing.  Label was purchased through Amazon.  It's my understanding they need to file a A-Z claim and then Amazon will take care of it since shipping was purchased through them?

Edited by gmpirate

3 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

So, customer says the box they received via UPS was opened and retaped with the Lego set missing.  Label was purchased through Amazon.  It's my understanding they need to file a A-Z claim and then Amazon will take care of it since shipping was purchased through them?

I had an identical request last week from someone in Los Angeles, claiming to have received an empty box. I told him to file an A-to-Z claim, but they never did.

This could be a scammer who has made many A-to-Z claims in the past, and now they assume you will refund them in full without filing for A-to-Z

Good luck!

• Like 2

That's what I initially did. Told them to file A-Z.

I just tried to do a "problem with order" on another account to see the process myself.  It never takes me to a page to file a claim, only to "request a phone call" or "chat with us" link.

Amazon just keeps sending me emails in response to their inquires saying I need to respond.  "Please research the issue and contact the customer"

The customer emailed me they received an empty box (resealed).  They made two inquiries with Amazon but said "item damaged" and "item not as expected".  Guessing maybe that is why Amazon is deferring to me?

I have not been denied anything yet.  Guessing since they have only "chatted" with Amazon and not filed anything.

4 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

I just tried to do a "problem with order" on another account to see the process myself.  It never takes me to a page to file a claim, only to "request a phone call" or "chat with us" link.

Amazon just keeps sending me emails in response to their inquires saying I need to respond.  "Please research the issue and contact the customer"

The customer emailed me they received an empty box (resealed).  They made two inquiries with Amazon but said "item damaged" and "item not as expected".  Guessing maybe that is why Amazon is deferring to me?

I have not been denied anything yet.  Guessing since they have only "chatted" with Amazon and not filed anything.

Tell him/her to call customer service and specifically request to open an A-to-Z claim with the reason as 'not received'.

16 minutes ago, Brick625 said:

Tell him/her to call customer service and specifically request to open an A-to-Z claim with the reason as 'not received'.

I did.

Just contacted customer service myself too.  Really difficult to understand her between accent and the crackling on the phone.  She told me I need to follow up with UPS.  I said it was my understanding that since the shipping was purchased through Amazon the customer should do an A-Z Claim and Amazon will take care of it.  Again, really hard to understand her but it sounded like she was telling me that was only for FBA -- which is not what I have heard here and other searches.

3 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

image.png.50e62c1cc37308714e33dd5d0b83c1c9.png

New on amazon pending orders.

So strange. When i order things in store, authorization takes 5 seconds.

I chalk that as Amazon trying to weed out scammers' creative methods of payment.  Sucks to have the item stuck for a week but l'd rather deal with that than getting scammed.

1 hour ago, gmpirate said:

Buyer needs to contact you first via their order page (which they did) and give you 48 hours to respond.  The link to file AtoZ claim should appear on buyer's problem with order page after 48 hours.

Update:  Just called again and the rep said I was covered since UPS shows as delivered.  Although I don't think him verbally telling me anything means much. 

Now the buyer has filed for a return and in her notes it says "opened Lego box and parts missing".  Tracking says the carrier picked up the package.  Should be interesting . . .

On 7/28/2023 at 11:41 PM, gmpirate said:

Update:  Just called again and the rep said I was covered since UPS shows as delivered.  Although I don't think him verbally telling me anything means much. 

Now the buyer has filed for a return and in her notes it says "opened Lego box and parts missing".  Tracking says the carrier picked up the package.  Should be interesting . . .

when it arrives Do Not Refund, Let Amazon refund it with in a couple days, Then file a safety claim. If you refund your screwed

also use the link to report a issue and pick option they returned a empty box

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tonka858 said:

when it arrives Do Not Refund, Let Amazon refund it with in a couple days, Then file a safety claim. If you refund your screwed

also use the link to report a issue and pick option they returned a empty box

Thanks.

The lady finally got it straightened out and did what I told her to do from the very beginning.  She was consistent with what she told me but kept telling Amazon something different (4x).  I never felt she was lying, just seemed like she couldn’t think straight.  Since I shipped through Amazon I was covered and no negativity will count against me.

Did Amazon reset something with unsellable inventory?  I've had it set to return to me but just got a notice they "disposed" of something.  Strange thing is, I haven't had the item in stock for 2 or 3 years.

Same thing happened to me this morning. I had one piece of inventory dubbed unsellable and have settings to ship it back but the a$$hats went and disposed it this morning.

I opened a ticket inquiring but

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Is this a new low?  Amazon opened a case to get me to send more FBA inventory. 

Screenshot_20230803_214318_Gmail.jpg

I actually would have sent more had they stopped deactivating that ASIN at their leisure. 😜 

I've gotten a bunch. At first glance if makes us (me) feel that I screwed up somewhere.

I just go in and close the case.

Edited by vasp
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, redcell said:

I wonder how long it will be until the people on the Facebook boards and private groups who talk about how to get ungated start carping about how this guy needs to keep his mouth shut.

For real. I'm still dumbfounded LEGO / Amazon is still letting this fly. Or ever did for that matter.