Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

On 6/30/2023 at 1:42 AM, Tonka858 said:

I just had this happen on a $200 item, Customer requested a return, it's auto approved then 2 days later they refund him with out it being returned, Then blame me for refunding it.

Yes. The prl_exemption crap never works. For some orders they still auto approve and provide label

Had a merchant fulfilled customer asking "where is my package?" today.  When I checked their address used, it looks like they put their correct zip code on line 2 of the address field, then put a different (nearby) zip code in the actual zip code box. Anyone know what will happen in this case? It says it needs to be delivered by July 6th.  Tracking looks like this:

Sat, Jul 1, 2023, 6:12 AM PDT Possible delay in delivery.

Sat, Jul 1, 2023, 6:08 AM PDT Package arrived at a carrier facility.

Sat, Jul 1, 2023, 12:47 AM PDT Package arrived at a carrier facility.

Sat, Jul 1, 2023, 12:22 AM PDT Package left the carrier facility.

Sat, Jul 1, 2023, 12:14 AM PDT Package left the carrier facility.

Fri, Jun 30, 2023, 7:03 PM PDT Package arrived at a carrier facility.

Fri, Jun 30, 2023, 6:21 AM PDT Possible delay in delivery.

Fri, Jun 30, 2023, 6:10 AM PDT Package is out for delivery.

Fri, Jun 30, 2023, 5:11 AM PDT Package arrived at a carrier facility.

2 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Is it just me or UPS discount is no longer offered for FBM orders ?

all gone for me.  wondering if it is because they want us to use USPS in case their is aUPS strike which now appears averted or if it is due to upcoming change in USPS postal services.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, vasp said:

Same here. Should've printed labels yesterday.

i printed all my labels yesterday (sunday).  i buy shipping as soon as possible after a sale.   its been gone since friday evening.  really seems like amazon is pushing USPS methods over UPS.  couple of times UPS is like 10 cents more than priority and i get first class shipping, priorities as my only option and have to search to see UPS is pennies more.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, cladner said:

i printed all my labels yesterday (sunday). its been gone since friday evening.  really seems like amazon is pushing USPS methods over UPS.

I noticed on Saturday but usually it came back on Sundays.   It is not there today so it appears to be poof (for now). 

Even when UPS manage to avoid strike I would imagine they would raise rates to compensate.  I have a feeling this discount is not coming back

"All good things come to an end"

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

What's going on with Amazon with you guys?  My sales for about a week went to zilch and all of a sudden the last few days been selling a lot.  I mean, from zero to 60 out of nowhere.  Strange days

I had that happen about 3-4 weeks ago. All of the sudden SUPER slow week and then a great week after that. Since then, it's been normal/steady/as expected. Not sure what happened for those like 4 or 5 days, but all seems to be back to normal now. It was around the time that AWS had a major outage and I attributed it to that, but that's just a random guess of course.

On 6/29/2023 at 5:58 AM, vasp said:

Seller support is as usual - useless. They are not able to figure out why the order is not eligible for a safe-t claim. Keep getting emails once in 3 days saying case is being worked on by a different group. Been 4 weeks already.

Hi

Any update?

Does anyone understand what the deal is with Amazon's Inventory Ledger reports and their accounting practice of giving negative values for "Receipts" when they lose your inventory?  It will be like this: on 6/29/2023 the warehouse will show 5 of an item in sellable column, acknowledging that they received that many of an item from a warehouse transfer, then the next day on 6/30/2023 it will show a 5 in the sellable column, but also a -5 in the Receipts column, and then the FBA shipment quantity received in the shipments page will show 0/5 received, even though All the while the original FBA warehouse that originally received the shipment delivered by UPS will show that they received the shipment checked in the items all there on that warehouse Inventory Ledger report proving that Amazon did check in 5 of the item from the original shipment. I'm so confused by this and it seems unfair that Amazon inventory claims people don't even know how to check these ledger reports to see that the first Amazon warehouse checked in all the items in full, and just say oh well the shipment report says you shipped us an empty box weighing 20 pounds. I just don't get it, the Ledger reports clearly show Amazon received all the items, checked them in, then lost them somewhere in warehouse transfer, but they can't even understand their own ledger reports. 

Here is an example. Inventory ledgers show receipt in full of the items, then warehouse transfer of items then receipt of items at new warehouse then negative receipt of items( to me this means Amazon lost them).

56c80fc15de95b83f4fd3e0775b7f41f.jpg
5e62241de26c43d28cfa400fd5fcf01f.jpg
But shipments tab claims I never sent them and need to reconcile. I'm sorry but no the ledger report proves I sent the items to you and you received them in full, then you lost them.  This is absolute unjust and plain terrible business practice to claim a FBA seller didn't send items when Amazon already has a record of receiving the items in full. WTF!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Islego
Fix errors

Yeap it criminal and in most cases a major nightmare to win. We send in pallets, they lose a few and not only do they want invoices, they want the signed copy from the LTL driver that he picked up the pallets, Which could be filled with trash and the driver would never know.

they do ANYTHING to try and get out of paying.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Islego said:

then warehouse transfer of items then receipt of items at new warehouse then negative receipt of items

Same just happened to me couple of days ago. But in my case one warehouse received all 27 items I sent, then another random warehouse just records receipt as -1. Like how do they do it?

A bit unsure what I would be required to do, as my shipment is still in "receiving" state.

Same just happened to me couple of days ago. But in my case one warehouse received all 27 items I sent, then another random warehouse just records receipt as -1. Like how do they do it?
A bit unsure what I would be required to do, as my shipment is still in "receiving" state.

I read on a seller forum that you can’t do anything or rather Amazon won’t look into the missing items until 45-60 days have past since the last ledger event, in my case the shipments have closed and show 0 items received. Trying to decide how long to wait, though when this has happened before to a lesser extent( 3/35 items missing on shipment contents page) the items still have not shown up after 3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Tonka858 said:

Yeap it criminal and in most cases a major nightmare to win. We send in pallets, they lose a few and not only do they want invoices, they want the signed copy from the LTL driver that he picked up the pallets, Which could be filled with trash and the driver would never know.

they do ANYTHING to try and get out of paying.

When the dollars get large enough, using the arbitration clause in the services agreement is the best way to side step the BS that you run into with Seller Support.

14 hours ago, redcell said:

When the dollars get large enough, using the arbitration clause in the services agreement is the best way to side step the BS that you run into with Seller Support.

We almost did when 9 pallets, got lost in Vegas for 6 months,

We had a container broken into while in transit coast to coast on BNSF railway, Retail value around 28k of product, After a year of providing documents and I think DNA, they come back with a settlement of 12k, So after a week we say sure send the 12k.

They come back and say sorry the claim is past the limitations, which was on the 22nd, but they did not email the offer until the 26th, Big companies are shady 

2 hours ago, Tonka858 said:

We almost did when 9 pallets, got lost in Vegas for 6 months,

We had a container broken into while in transit coast to coast on BNSF railway, Retail value around 28k of product, After a year of providing documents and I think DNA, they come back with a settlement of 12k, So after a week we say sure send the 12k.

They come back and say sorry the claim is past the limitations, which was on the 22nd, but they did not email the offer until the 26th, Big companies are shady 

Did they ever pay you on those pallets or did they eventually show up?

• 2 weeks later...