Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

1 hour ago, nolan808 said:

I'm currently using FBM and have quite a few Lego boxes that are sealed but damaged, some ranging from very minor damage to others more worse off. For box damage I assume I would list as Used Like New on amazon and state the damage to the box with a reduction to price on how damaged the box is?

I was thinking that around a 10 to 20 percent reduction for Used Like New items would be sufficient. Is anyone using this and from your experience what sort of results would you expect to get? Will stuff sell fast enough or does it tend to just sit there due to not having the buy box?

Thanks in advance 

Are you able to list them in used condition?  I didn’t think Amazon allowed toys to be sold as used anymore.

18 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Keep in mind that Amazon can, and most likely will, hit you with a listing policy violation as technically damaged sets aren't "collectibles" even those that are out of print. 

A few years ago this happened to me, twice, within a couple of weeks.  Almost lost my selling privileges.  So now I only list new on amz, everything else goes on ebay or bl.  Not worth the risk. 

Thanks for everyone's replies. In the uk where you have the option of either to sell new or collectable once you click new I am then allowed to change this on condition type where there's an option for used like new.

Used - Like new, which amazon says

An item in perfect working condition, the packaging may bear some damage. The item fully functions, and all its essential accessories are complete.

I was thinking of putting my own short description which regards to the item being new and sealed but with a damaged box.

It seems to me that this is the most accurate product condition from what amazon are saying on there website and also when they sell just damaged boxes themselves they use the same heading used like new. I also don't want any policy violations with listing otherwise.

Unless New with a condition note?

Or forgot about amazon for damaged boxes and just ebay them.

Edited by nolan808

• 2 weeks later...

Insurance question....

For the companies that use NEXT, are you happy with your experiences and have you renewed multiple times?

My insurance guy is having to switch to Liberty because Nationwide doesn't offer it anymore. But my premiums are pricey...almost double the NEXT quote. 

Curious if anyone has anything to add...thanks guys!

3 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

Insurance question....

For the companies that use NEXT, are you happy with your experiences and have you renewed multiple times?

My insurance guy is having to switch to Liberty because Nationwide doesn't offer it anymore. But my premiums are pricey...almost double the NEXT quote. 

Curious if anyone has anything to add...thanks guys!

I got Next working through Ashlin Hadden (sp?). Never have to use them , knock on wood, but they have been cheaper than most. Been with them for 2+ years , before that I went through Amazon and the underwriting company cancelled the policy because I sell kids toys so whatever.  

• Like 1

Just now, Bricklectic said:

Got an imperial light cruiser return fba with missing manual and couple of bags. For the veterans, is this worth fighting? Does amazon typically side with seller if they claim pieces were missing in return? ITs a he said/he said scenario....

Unlikely you will get anything  but what do you have to lose by opening a case? If you get rejected rate the experience and let it rip ( passive /aggressive ) and also don’t forget to report the buyer 

• Like 2

Yes you will get a full refund, We open a case for everyone one,  Take a photo of the  shipping label the item was returned in, The packing slip, The LPN sticker then the box and the contents, state the customer "Stole" the bags 

also use the report a violation and report buyer for theft.

first you need to type that LPN into FBA customer returns to get the order number, Click the top left ladder and select, Reports, fullfillment, on the left look for Customer Concessions,fba customer returns, on that page you can enter the LPN, put date range like 90 days out

report the customer here,

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/abuse-submission/form/buyer-abuse-refund

Edited by Tonka858
  • Like 3

Does anyone have any information about what is going on with the "negative" values in the receipts column of the inventory ledger report. This is hitting me hard recently and I know I am not the only one. It is just too insane for me to accept and I honestly don't know what to do. I estimate I'm now over $5,000 lost due to these negatives in the receipts column. I know this is probably small to many but for me its a lot to have go missing right before holidays.  This is a seller support thread I have been following trying to get some answers but as with each of these threads the amazon reps say a few things then ghost everyone. 

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/06f6cc9e-877e-4048-9748-ad683a02a57b

Edited by Islego

1 hour ago, mlc3423 said:

It's definitely a big deal...it's not everyday that we see the government sue a company as large as Amazon based on allegations that some of its core business operations violate the antitrust laws.  I'm guessing that Amazon is going to rely heavily on its marketplace pricing policy or whatever they call the policy that triggers all of the high price alerts to argue that it has actually worked to protect consumers from higher prices. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, redcell said:

It's definitely a big deal...it's not everyday that we see the government sue a company as large as Amazon based on allegations that some of its core business operations violate the antitrust laws.  I'm guessing that Amazon is going to rely heavily on its marketplace pricing policy or whatever they call the policy that triggers all of the high price alerts to argue that it has actually worked to protect consumers from higher prices. 

What about giving prime buy box when it is higher Price , 

• Like 1

So, slightly off topic but relating to the Buy Box.  I know big sellers can get the buy box without having the cheapest price but in my experience it has to be close.  I have a friend trying to offload a few pallets of Foaming Hand Sanitizer which he has listed FBM at $30, but another selling is retaining the buy box at $45 (also FBM).  Three sellers total at $45, $35 & $30 and the buy box is $45.  My friend's warehouse is only 5 minutes away from mine and the seller with the buy box is maybe 9 minutes away.  Seems like a wash for shipping logistics so I'm perplexed.

just got this blah blah blah email:

Hello, 

Yesterday, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) filed a lawsuit against Amazon alleging that some of our business practices violate antitrust laws. As your partners, we know that this news may generate questions for you and our business together. This lawsuit does not change anything about our relationship with you or how we operate today. The lawsuit represents the FTC's allegations, which must be reviewed by a court to determine if any of the claims have merit. 

While we respect the role the FTC has historically played in protecting consumers and promoting competition, we fundamentally disagree with the FTC's allegations. In order to demonstrate how the FTC's case could impact consumers and businesses that sell in our store, we published a blog post on AboutAmazon (https://www.aboutamazon.com/news/company-news/amazon-ftc-antitrust-lawsuit-full-response) to address some key areas of the FTC's complaint and explain how Amazon's pro-competitive model actually works. Accordingly, we will contest this lawsuit and we will also continue inventing to put our customers—both consumers and the businesses that sell in our store—first.

Our commitment to you and your success is unchanging. We remain focused on innovating and investing in tools and services to grow your business. Thank you for choosing to sell in our store.

Amazon Selling Partner Services

• Like 1