Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

4 hours ago, freakchem said:

It blows my mind with something called low inventory level fee. We've already paid Amazon inventory fees as storage cost for the set, and they will charge an extra for aged inventory which I also understand. But what's is this low inventory level fee for? Encourage sellers to send more items to Amazon? I thought Amazon doesn't like their warehouse used as storages.

When u only have one item or few items they can’t be distributed efficiently to reduce shipping costs.  So Amazon is charging you extra because it might cost them more to ship your item then if you sent them in 12 and they were spread out across the country.  Some bean counter figure it out there’s a couple billion lying around there.  I think they are trying to encourage more fbm which is even more profitable for Amazon because fbm involves no actual labor for Amazon just more fees to charge without actually doing anything besides running marketplace. Fbm fee increase will be coming next.  Assume the position.

Edited by cladner

20 hours ago, cladner said:

When u only have one item or few items they can’t be distributed efficiently to reduce shipping costs.  So Amazon is charging you extra because it might cost them more to ship your item then if you sent them in 12 and they were spread out across the country.  Some bean counter figure it out there’s a couple billion lying around there.  I think they are trying to encourage more fbm which is even more profitable for Amazon because fbm involves no actual labor for Amazon just more fees to charge without actually doing anything besides running marketplace. Fbm fee increase will be coming next.  Assume the position.

I'm "assuming" the fees will be base per shipment to Amazon.  Not sure how else they would do it.  i.e. Sending in one shipment of 200 verse sending in 10 shipments of 20.  And if that's the case, would be nice to know what that quantity is and plan accordingly.

One example but there are others.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BSRG23RY?th=1

2 options - FF & Standard.

Amazon is the only seller on the standard, and 27 sellers are camping out way cheaper on the non linked to FF variation.

Here's my confusion: When adding to catalog, only the standard variation can be added, the FF is no where to be seen. Very odd. I'm Slightly apprehensive to be the only seller duking it out with amazon on the main listing (altho its way more profitable) without understanding the mechanics here....

Edited by Bricklectic

3 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

One example but there are others.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BSRG23RY?th=1

2 options - FF & Standard.

Amazon is the only seller on the standard, and 27 sellers are camping out way cheaper on the non linked to FF variation.

Here's my confusion: When adding to catalog, only the standard variation can be added, the FF is no where to be seen. Very odd. I'm Slightly apprehensive to be the only seller duking it out with amazon on the main listing (altho its way more profitable) without understanding the mechanics here....

i see 22 sellers on ff and 38 sellers on standard.  amazon the seller is being undercut on both.

5 hours ago, yyyybird111 said:

have never heard RFS for for seller-fulfilled returns before. So if the buyer claimed some parts missing, they will get refund once the prepaid shipping label is scanned. Anyone experience this before

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/headlines.html?id=GC77YX6UN8RQW7HJ&ref=nslp_at_7_GC77YX6UN8RQW7HJ_en-US_ttl_rf_recent_news_8

That’s been in place for over a year 

On 12/8/2023 at 9:18 AM, vasp said:

***** amazon bots running amok. High price listing deactivation. had about 100 this morning. Most listings show currently unavailable. My prices were not the highest for sure. Very stupid at the peak of the holiday season

I had a listing deactivated for "Potential high pricing error".  I was the only seller with the item in "New" condition, and the price was lower than the rest of the listings, which were all "Collectible - Like New".  Those are still listed.  How does that make any sense?

Edited by I am Niko

15 hours ago, yyyybird111 said:

have never heard RFS for for seller-fulfilled returns before. So if the buyer claimed some parts missing, they will get refund once the prepaid shipping label is scanned. Anyone experience this before

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/headlines.html?id=GC77YX6UN8RQW7HJ&ref=nslp_at_7_GC77YX6UN8RQW7HJ_en-US_ttl_rf_recent_news_8

May 4, 2021 was the announcement date for this.

1 hour ago, I am Niko said:

I had a listing deactivated for "Potential high pricing error".  I was the only seller with the item in "New" condition, and the price was lower than the rest of the listings, which were all "Collectible - Like New".  Those are still listed.  How does that make any sense?

Not sure what they base this pricing algo on and how they determine the price that we as sellers should sell.

Been selling 31048 between $109-124. Listing is now deactivated and the bot wants me to sell at 49.99. There is no product in other marketplaces. I have it listed at $124 at walmart.

Worst part is I have a bunch at FBA and all those are stranded at the most busiest time of the year.

I've tried the trick to keep adjusting the prices 6-7 times. But not sticking.

Same with 21050. Was selling well at $499. Now bot wants the price to be below 250 and many more

Had to vent. Sorry

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, vasp said:

Not sure what they base this pricing algo on and how they determine the price that we as sellers should sell.

Been selling 31048 between $109-124. Listing is now deactivated and the bot wants me to sell at 49.99. There is no product in other marketplaces. I have it listed at $124 at walmart.

Worst part is I have a bunch at FBA and all those are stranded at the most busiest time of the year.

Same with 21050. Was selling well at $499. Now bot wants the price to be below 250 and many more

Had to vent. Sorry

I have a lot of products that the buy boxes were turned off and other items that are "unsearchable" unless you Google it.  So much fun.

Look at 60215.  There are two listings.  I originally went with the lower price (as that's what normally sells) but then Amazon turned the buy box off.  For this whole season the other listing has had a buy box and also sold at $20 higher.  So I sent my remaining inventory to the other listing and sold through all my inventory there while my original shipment stagnated at $20 lower.  So stupid.

Remember Lego did two different gingerbread house promos.  The original is four times the price as the other one.  I get it that the original is older (more rare) but the newer one is "unsearchable" on Amazon.  Have a ton of them still too.

7 hours ago, vasp said:

Had to vent. Sorry

Same here, did you have success with remapping an SKU to another ASIN via Support? If you are lucky they will do it and when you super lucky they do it right. 

I'm thinking of switching to 75-80% FBM.  The only thing stopping me is the "pending orders" system on Amazon.  I like to travel and have my own schedule, but it seems like I always have to be paranoid about my Amazon FBM orders that are stuck pending and might go through when i'm not available to ship.  At least with Ebay you know you can shut things down 4 days ahead of time and then anything unpaid will auto-cancel.  Last week I had a pending Amazon order for like 6 or 7 days.  It does seem like most of these orders end up cancelling if the payment does not go through within a couple hours.

1 hour ago, cobrakai said:

I'm thinking of switching to 75-80% FBM.  The only thing stopping me is the "pending orders" system on Amazon.  I like to travel and have my own schedule, but it seems like I always have to be paranoid about my Amazon FBM orders that are stuck pending and might go through when i'm not available to ship.  At least with Ebay you know you can shut things down 4 days ahead of time and then anything unpaid will auto-cancel.  Last week I had a pending Amazon order for like 6 or 7 days.  It does seem like most of these orders end up cancelling if the payment does not go through within a couple hours.

I just cancel an order if it comes through after being in a pending stage for a while and I'm not available to ship on time. Hurts your pre-fulfilment cancellation metric only for a week.

30 minutes ago, freakchem said:

This is a really stupid idea. Whoever comes up with this must using their butt to think

Remember what Bezo's said- "Amazon will fail one day"