Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

3 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

This popped up on my app today 

IMG_4787.jpeg

Werent ppl trying t shirts or something from distributors 

Not sure, I've read about a lot of random "loopholes" to try but most seemed like someone trying to get views or clicks on a social media site.

Question for amazon guru's.

When you have 2 day shipping - why does amazon show "

FREE delivery December 29 - January 9. Details
Or fastest delivery Tuesday, December 26. Order within 6 hrs 3 mins."

Technically today is the 20th and 2 day should be delivery on 22nd. The amazon system was showing the correct dates all these days. Stopped showing  since yesterday.
Any ideas why this happens?
I have default handling as 2 days, but that shouldn't matter - right?

15 hours ago, NIevo said:

Not sure if this is the right thread or not but here goes. 

Is there any possible way for a person to get ungated with LEGO on Amazon anymore?  I know all the videos you see out there are BS in regards to sending in receipts and order forms from big box stores.  I've tried many different way's but always get rejected. 

I've been selling on Bricklink and eBay for years but with the amount of inventory I have Amazon would help me immensely.

I saw a new seller (out of the US) get a buy box on a lego listing yesterday. Can't remember which one.

10 minutes ago, vasp said:

Question for amazon guru's.

When you have 2 day shipping - why does amazon show "

FREE delivery December 29 - January 9. Details
Or fastest delivery Tuesday, December 26. Order within 6 hrs 3 mins."

Technically today is the 20th and 2 day should be delivery on 22nd. The amazon system was showing the correct dates all these days. Stopped showing  since yesterday.
Any ideas why this happens?
I have default handling as 2 days, but that shouldn't matter - right?

You need to change your handling time 

many people posted that they feel the low inventory fee will not be charged to them as long as they sell out within 180 days of making their initial listing. This is based on the following line in amazons announcement

New-to-FBA parent products for the first 180 days after the first inventory-received date.

they are interpreting this to mean that as long as the product is new to that particular seller the fee will not be charged for the first 180 days 

Amazon uses the same terminology in the amazon fba new selection program in reference to no storage fees for new fba products and there it refers to new to fba period,meaning if there is 1 seller already with this product at fba this reduction does not apply.

I suspect that the same is true for the low inventory fee that the 180 day waiver is if it's new to fba and does not mean that it's new to fba for this seller,and i think that  a careful reading of amazon's words should give you that same conclusion

any further information people have would be greatly appreciated

Edited by river41

This seems to be new. Quick Translation:

At the moment there are no offers compying with our standards for low prices. If you still want to buy the product you can click on "all products".

This is Amazons way of forcing sellers to lower their prices, because who wants to purchase a product which has a bad price. That could change things massively on Amazon.

Do you have something similiar in the US?

Screenshot_20231220-194944~2.png

Edited by Sozial

6 minutes ago, Sozial said:

This seems to be new. Quick Translation:

At the moment there are no offers compying with our standards for low prices. If you still want to buy the product you can click on "all products".

This is Amazons way of forcing sellers to lower their prices, because who wants to purchase a product which has a bad price. That could change things massively on Amazon.

Do you have something similiar in the US?

Screenshot_20231220-194944~2.png

in us, amazon joins in the fun and jacks up their price post eol, just like the rest of us quick flippin scumbags.  capitalism at its finest.

6 minutes ago, cladner said:

in us, amazon joins in the fun and jacks up their price post eol, just like the rest of us quick flippin scumbags.  capitalism at its finest.

Well thats not good because they take away potential buyers in that price range, but that new feature could really hurt sales ..

52 minutes ago, Sozial said:

Well thats not good because they take away potential buyers in that price range, but that new feature could really hurt sales ..

it is detirmental.  takes away buyers and prolongs the availability of retail stock, even at high price.  i am pretty sure when they do this, they are flooded with complaints from actual endusers and it seems to be temporary and probably algo-driven.

1 hour ago, NIevo said:

Hmm, wonder how.  Seems they've really cracked down on most ways I've heard that worked in the past.

Didn't make a mental note of which listing it was. I was rushing through.

They are still approving new sellers. B08QBJB2K4 for example has a new seller in the list.

Amazon.com: Lego Harry Potter The Monster Book of Monsters 30628 : Toys & Games

Maybe I should be looking for Just launched instead.

Edited by vasp

1 hour ago, NIevo said:

Hmm, wonder how.  Seems they've really cracked down on most ways I've heard that worked in the past.

Where are you seeing the crackdown?  From what I've seen recently, it seems like they'll let anybody willing to alter a receipt through the gate.

18 minutes ago, redcell said:

Where are you seeing the crackdown?  From what I've seen recently, it seems like they'll let anybody willing to alter a receipt through the gate.

I've tried sending receipts and order forms from big box stores, a LEGO book w/minifigure from EE Distributing and an official invoice from a licensed European seller and got declined with all of them.

26 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

if you know what you're doing

image.png.f7a9e50ed017e40ca6f89e1d761b3b16.png

Lol...apparently I don't know what I'm doing.  Most of the stuff I've seen in regards to Brick Bucks is more on the what to invest in aspect, which I've got down pretty good.

Unless I'm looking in the complete wrong place cause I'm not sure who Jim is.

Edited by NIevo

15 minutes ago, NIevo said:

Lol...apparently I don't know what I'm doing.  Most of the stuff I've seen in regards to Brick Bucks is more on the what to invest in aspect, which I've got down pretty good.

Unless I'm looking in the complete wrong place cause I'm not sure who Jim is.

Jim of Wolf of Bricks and Shane of Brickbucks used to be partners and are the original YT Lego investing channels (or the most popular at least). They broke up and both peddle a paid VIP subscription where theyll get you ungated. I actually have no idea if they have any secret methods, was just having some fun as they are an endless source of humor to me.

10 hours ago, NIevo said:

tell-me-more-882cf8cd98.jpg.36d1916474d3f3c951b8e0df9d4dd901.jpg

They're just mocking the morons at brickcucks.

The receipt method still works, as my wife's brand new seller account was just ungated Q3 using a Target invoice. I create a new account for her every 6 months or so just to check the gating, never sell anything on it though. I suggest you wait until after the holiday rush and try with a brand new seller account.