Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

9 hours ago, airhanny said:

This is first time I'm trying to sell Amazon FBM. The shipping credit is $5.99 but the actual shipping I have to pay is $10. I have Individual plan

image.png.19b83c9186bf7d5bf691dfa2d6766872.png

What is the question? Yes, they give you a flat credit. Sometimes it exceeds actual shipping, most of the time it is less. Factor that into your pricing. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 4:11 AM, brickvoyeur said:

What is the question? Yes, they give you a flat credit. Sometimes it exceeds actual shipping, most of the time it is less. Factor that into your pricing. 

Just do free shipping and bump your price to others, 

8 hours ago, Tonka858 said:

Just do free shipping and bump your price to others, 

to do free shipping you have to be pro plan not individual plan.  depending on how much they sell might not be worth it to upgrade.  i agree free shipping makes the offer more appealing to buyers and just factor that into the price.  then tweak your FBM shipping settings so buyers on the other side of the country get slow standard delivery time and pay extra for expedited while everyone within 500 miles gets quicker shipping standard speed and free expedited (which is the same shipping mode as standard).

Edited by cladner

On 1/27/2024 at 2:27 PM, airhanny said:

What is the rate to get just 1 feedback? So far I've sold about 30 sets and not even 1 feedback.

It's much lower on Amazon than on eBay. I tried including free minfigures and polybags but, it didn't seem to have any impact.

Unboxing/labeling/reboing//shipping has become too much of a chore for me these days. I currently have a bunch of pallets at a friends storage. What would be a fair per item price for him to grab the boxes from the pallet, open them, label them, put in boxes and ship to amazon? amazon charges 55 cents an item but that is just to label whereas he would be doing more. on the other hand, amazon's price seems like a rip-off. 

Anyone have any thoughts or know the industry standard for pricing?

NEW AMAZON SHIPPING:  I'm going round and round with support.  All they do is copy and paste help pages in chat.  Very frustrating.

I need use a different "pickup" address than my warehouse location since I don't have someone there all the time.  Support told me to change my address in Seller Central.  Problem is once I do that it changes my "ship from" address and return address on shipping labels.  My only thought at this point is to let them change the "pickup" location (since we can't ourselves) and then go back and change default address in Seller Central.  

Want to see if anyone has some advice for this frustrating sale.

Sold an item 1/2 and shipped out same day.   3 weeks later get a notice saying Amazon was giving buyer an automatic refund as item never arrived.  Checked status and showed carrier picked up on the 2nd and it was delayed in transit on the 8th.  Weird thing is that info was only on Amazon's page, UPS never showed a pickup can or any info on it. 

Then 2 days ago it shows delivered!  Contacted Amazon and they told me only thing I can do is file a Safe-T claim.  It won't let me contact the buyer asking for them to return it either.   I filed a claim and it was denied using a canned response saying it should have been shipped by the 2nd and it was my fault.  I sent in a screen shot of their own tracking showing it was in carrier possession on the 2nd.  They respond with the exact same canned response denying it but change the date it should have been shipped by to the 8th which is when it was delayed!  

No idea what to try next. 

1 hour ago, NIevo said:

Want to see if anyone has some advice for this frustrating sale.

Sold an item 1/2 and shipped out same day.   3 weeks later get a notice saying Amazon was giving buyer an automatic refund as item never arrived.  Checked status and showed carrier picked up on the 2nd and it was delayed in transit on the 8th.  Weird thing is that info was only on Amazon's page, UPS never showed a pickup can or any info on it. 

Then 2 days ago it shows delivered!  Contacted Amazon and they told me only thing I can do is file a Safe-T claim.  It won't let me contact the buyer asking for them to return it either.   I filed a claim and it was denied using a canned response saying it should have been shipped by the 2nd and it was my fault.  I sent in a screen shot of their own tracking showing it was in carrier possession on the 2nd.  They respond with the exact same canned response denying it but change the date it should have been shipped by to the 8th which is when it was delayed!  

No idea what to try next. 

What was the delivery window per the order?

On 2/2/2024 at 2:17 AM, gmpirate said:

NEW AMAZON SHIPPING:  I'm going round and round with support.  All they do is copy and paste help pages in chat.  Very frustrating.

I need use a different "pickup" address than my warehouse location since I don't have someone there all the time.  Support told me to change my address in Seller Central.  Problem is once I do that it changes my "ship from" address and return address on shipping labels.  My only thought at this point is to let them change the "pickup" location (since we can't ourselves) and then go back and change default address in Seller Central.  

Every time you change your address in seller central it will trigger the address verification process. I'd be careful with that.

On 2/3/2024 at 10:50 AM, vasp said:

That's a tough one. Bots probably are looking at the dates and not reason for delay. If buy shipping is used amazon should "technically" cover it.

Nope, they just keep refusing it and said the decision is final but won't tell me why it's being refused.  Message just said they aren't permitted to give details.

8 hours ago, NIevo said:

Nope, they just keep refusing it and said the decision is final but won't tell me why it's being refused.  Message just said they aren't permitted to give details.

That is the joy of selling on AMZ. I would say, eat the loss and move on.

Has anyone figured out the new "Amazon Shipping Ground"?  For two weeks I've been trying to get the correct pickup address straightened out.  Just received confirmation via email its set today.

But, I still cannot select this option because of:

Confirmation
Note: The carrier selected does not offer the confirmation method selected in your preferences.
Declared value

Note: The carrier selected does not offer the insurance selected in your preferences.

And I cannot find any information of what to set it to.

22 hours ago, gmpirate said:

Has anyone figured out the new "Amazon Shipping Ground"?  For two weeks I've been trying to get the correct pickup address straightened out.  Just received confirmation via email its set today.

But, I still cannot select this option because of:

Confirmation
Note: The carrier selected does not offer the confirmation method selected in your preferences.
Declared value

Note: The carrier selected does not offer the insurance selected in your preferences.

And I cannot find any information of what to set it to.

I'd give it some time.

Read through amazon forums about the horror stories sellers put up dealing with a-z claims for amazon ground shipping and amazon not honoring their own shipping as a part of buy shipping.

18 hours ago, vasp said:

I'd give it some time.

Read through amazon forums about the horror stories sellers put up dealing with a-z claims for amazon ground shipping and amazon not honoring their own shipping as a part of buy shipping.

Yeah, probably makes sense.  They've still never showed up to pick up packages regardless.  The shipping rates are so cheap though! 🙃

On 2/15/2024 at 10:52 AM, gmpirate said:

Yeah, probably makes sense.  They've still never showed up to pick up packages regardless.  The shipping rates are so cheap though! 🙃

they are starting to charge 6.90 for every single pickup every single day 

yeah 95% of my stuff goes ground advantage now ,  within a week usps lowered and ups raised undoing what they had done the last quarter of the year shifting it back over to USPS for value.  Speed on ground advantage surprisingly has kept up as well.

The snowstorms in January actually affected UPS a lot worse with delays than USPS which is very odd.

So I got the email from Amazon saying I have to buy commercial liability insurance😐  Who are you guys going through and how much am I going to be looking at?  I've already reached out to my  regular insurer but haven't heard back yet.