Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

5 minutes ago, NIevo said:

So I got the email from Amazon saying I have to buy commercial liability insurance😐  Who are you guys going through and how much am I going to be looking at?  I've already reached out to my  regular insurer but haven't heard back yet.

It was like $300 (approx.) through a vendor offered by amazon when this requirement was put up a couple of years ago.

46 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Think I'm paying about $2k a year but I have a physical warehouse.  Probably different if you are working out of home and just pleasing Amazon.

Same here. Mine is more like $3,500/year because I also have my inventory insured at replacement/fair market value. 

Have you guys ever finished all your FBM shipments for the day and then have more pop up later?  I completed all my shipments at 4:30 and went and dropped them off at UPS.  Couple hours later I checked my dashboard and there were two more orders due to ship today.  It was obviously past the cutoff point so what gives?

7 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Have you guys ever finished all your FBM shipments for the day and then have more pop up later?  I completed all my shipments at 4:30 and went and dropped them off at UPS.  Couple hours later I checked my dashboard and there were two more orders due to ship today.  It was obviously past the cutoff point so what gives?

It happened to me a week ago. An order came in at 11:00 am, and it was due the same day. I even opened a case with support. Of course, nothing came out of it. I tried reopening the case, but no luck.

8 hours ago, skinsfan0521 said:

Same here. Mine is more like $3,500/year because I also have my inventory insured at replacement/fair market value. 

Check your policy I have replacement fair market value (FMV) and they only paid 80% of FMV until you actually repurchase the sets at FMV, which there was no way I was doing, and then provide receipts to get the other 20%. 

45 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Check your policy I have replacement fair market value (FMV) and they only paid 80% of FMV until you actually repurchase the sets at FMV, which there was no way I was doing, and then provide receipts to get the other 20%. 

That's a good point and I'm not sure how mine is written exactly. But if it's like your said yours is that would be fine with me. Anything that has appreciated to the point of being ready to sell would be fine getting 80% of the retail price. That's more than I would get after selling and not have to deal with any work. Anything that I would still want to rebuy at current fmv, I would be able to have fully paid for. 

Either way, hopefully I never have to deal with either scenario! 

Has anyone here had issues selling Lego through Amazon? I just got a letter from a law firm saying it’s unlawful since I am not an authorized seller.  It’s the same letter that was posted here a few years ago from VORYS. Do you guys know what ended up happening? 

Edited by AWES22
  • Sad 1

Can’t remember, what I am supposed to when Amazon indicates they initially received one of my product SKUs, it appeared in my FBA inventory, and they transferred it around but now it’s suddenly vanished and CS is saying they have no record of me ever adding it? Am I supposed to just bend over and take it?

For real though, I can’t remember if there is anything I can actually do. I am assuming it’s just a loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

There's a whole thread on this forum somewhere about them and other people getting letters, etc. Several threads on the Amazon seller forum too.

EDIT: Adding link to thread:  

I think most ignored it.

• Like 1