Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

20 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

No, retail invoices work for these kind of situations 

*Sometimes*

It depends on which support agents you get.  I'm pretty sure they are trained to say no 10 times regardless of your documents.  Then if you ask for a supervisor to call you, youight get a reimbursement.

Good luck.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

No, retail invoices work for these kind of situations 

This may be changing.  I just got denied on a reimbursement claim because they wouldn't accept retail receipts.  They were clear that I had to provide an invoice from the manufacturer or a distributor.

33 minutes ago, xeeeej said:

*Sometimes*

It depends on which support agents you get.  I'm pretty sure they are trained to say no 10 times regardless of your documents.  Then if you ask for a supervisor to call you, youight get a reimbursement.

Good luck.

This.

4 hours ago, xeeeej said:

*Sometimes*

Good luck.

4 hours ago, redcell said:

This may be changing.  I just got denied on a reimbursement claim because they wouldn't accept retail receipts.  They were clear that I had to provide an invoice from the manufacturer or a distributor.

Good to know, thanks 

As a non FBA or FBM seller, why in the world would all y'all continue selling via Amazon? Must be very lucrative?

Amazon has all the customers. Higher sales prices and quicker sales.

Is it more profitable though? IDK, it depends on how good you are at dodging land mines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, 46andTWO said:

As a non FBA or FBM seller, why in the world would all y'all continue selling via Amazon? Must be very lucrative?

i haven't FBA in 2 years now.  FBM is very lucrative, i have access to the premier online marketplace buyers, maintain control of all my inventory, i list hundreds of sku at a time without any storage fees, every order goes out within 24 hours, the money shows up in my account the instant the shipping label prints and i can disburse the money to bank every day if i want to. 

with FBM,  i have none of the non-compensated extra work and time spent trying to figure out where amazon screwed up with my inventory and trying to claw back some compensation for their mistake.  every item i sell is packaged perfectly every time - 0 returns for item being damaged.  with new amazon shipping discounts , a dollar or 2 more to send UPS ground across the country compared to the next state,   my margins have never been better .

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, cladner said:

i haven't FBA in 2 years now.  FBM is very lucrative, i have access to the premier online marketplace buyers, maintain control of all my inventory, i list hundreds of sku at a time without any storage fees, every order goes out within 24 hours, the money shows up in my account the instant the shipping label prints and i can disburse the money to bank every day if i want to. 

with FBM,  i have none of the non-compensated extra work and time spent trying to figure out where amazon screwed up with my inventory and trying to claw back some compensation for their mistake.  every item i sell is packaged perfectly every time - 0 returns for item being damaged.  with new amazon shipping discounts , a dollar or 2 more to send UPS ground across the country compared to the next state,   my margins have never been better .

Is it still difficult to list LEGO on Amazon as a newbie or has that gone away? 

24 minutes ago, cladner said:

There is no way I could keep up with the volume if I did only FBM. Not and this still be a side gig for me. 

9 minutes ago, pharmjod said:

There is no way I could keep up with the volume if I did only FBM. Not and this still be a side gig for me. 

It's a full time gig for me and I still would not be able to keep up with the volume.  On a side note, I did send in my first Walmart fulfillment shipments this week, so we will see how that goes. I've been selling on Walmart since 2016 and it is greatly improved from when it first started.  In my experience, 3rd party prices are higher on Walmart but much lower volume than Amazon.  Competition on Amazon is as fierce as i've ever seen it.  Manufacturers have raised costs, shipping costs are up, Amazon has raised fees, but it sure doesn't seem like Amazon 3rd party seller prices are keeping up with these changes.

1 hour ago, Mark Twain said:

Opened a case for my missing units and received the following response in under 24 hours. No timeframe for how long "Transshipment delay" entails. Has anyone else received a similar response for missing FBA inventory that was checked in and then lost in FC transfer?

image.png.48aff997e41b79833d09423b5683828f.png

I've never seen that before, but have long since resigned myself to the fact that any inventory sent to FBA is always at risk for disappearing into the void for an indeterminate period of time ranging from a few days to many years.  I received a bunch of inventory back from Amazon last year that I had sent in and that had been lost sometime between 2014-2016.  

• Like 2

I've never seen that before, but have long since resigned myself to the fact that any inventory sent to FBA is always at risk for disappearing into the void for an indeterminate period of time ranging from a few days to many years.  I received a bunch of inventory back from Amazon last year that I had sent in and that had been lost sometime between 2014-2016.  

Well, if it was Lego, hopefully it appreciated.

Only thing I can find online about “tranship” involves international shipping. My units were put on a truck from an FC in Memphis to ship to an FC in Ohio!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, redcell said:

I lost two shipments this holiday. They were checked in but 0 unit was received. The weird thing is one of the shipments was deleted couple days ago from my shipment queue.

Looks like 8 slave 1s that i bought from target have gone missing from my FBA shipment. Can I use my target receipts for step 2 below? For the one document per submission requirement Im not sure what to do as I have 2 separate receipts.  First time going through this so any tips would be appreciated.

image.png.81ebfd385231d00a0666ab2aa8c526de.png

Looks like 8 slave 1s that i bought from target have gone missing from my FBA shipment. Can I use my target receipts for step 2 below? For the one document per submission requirement Im not sure what to do as I have 2 separate receipts.  First time going through this so any tips would be appreciated.
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2022_03/image.png.81ebfd385231d00a0666ab2aa8c526de.png

Scan them and combine into a single document. Highlight the specific items on the receipt and keep your fingers crossed that your case doesn’t land in the hands of a complete moron at Seller Support.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, redcell said:

Scan them and combine into a single document. Highlight the specific items on the receipt and keep your fingers crossed that your case doesn’t land in the hands of a complete moron at Seller Support.

That is just the first step though.  After that you have to hope and or pray that CS's  supervisor would buy whatever the CS comes up with and approve your case for the next step.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sozial said:

I got a return almost one year later with FBA, what do you do in that case? Message CS and ask them for a reimbursment?

Anyone had the similar experiences?

You can open a case and tell them it was returned outside the return window, See what they say.  We just back a broom stick instead of great hall LOL