Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

3 minutes ago, chaozz said:

There was a lego i shipped in that said this, No way I was going to do it, So I paid them the 30 cents to do the 40 units, After everything checked I did a fulfillment order to myself. Of course it was not bubble wrapped I opened a case and got that fee for all 40 refunded.

Last time I checked it is now 80 cents for them to bubblewrap.  And like 50 cents for them to label it. I have ignored the bubblewrap requirement on tons of stuff and never had anything flagged.

I just discovered that Amazon took the liberty of liquidating some of my recent unfulfillable items. Turns out that they had somehow turned on the liquidation option in my account - it sounds like this is something that has happened with other accounts as well. I have turned off the liquidation option, but am miffed that they essentially liquidated a bunch of my inventory without permission.

Question - it's going to be useless to fight this, isn't it? So far responses from my opened case are along the lines of:

- Yes, we liquidated all of that stuff, nice observation

- No, we can't cancel pending liquidations for reasons we'd rather not share

- This stuff was liquidated because your liquidation setting was checked.

- No, we don't really care that you didn't select it. All we know is that when liquidation is selected, liquidation is what happens. 

- But we have great news, you can prevent further liquidations by turning off this setting that you never selected in the first place! Will we turn it back on some time in the future? Maybe!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, HappyHawkeye said:

I just discovered that Amazon took the liberty of liquidating some of my recent unfulfillable items. Turns out that they had somehow turned on the liquidation option in my account - it sounds like this is something that has happened with other accounts as well. I have turned off the liquidation option, but am miffed that they essentially liquidated a bunch of my inventory without permission.

Question - it's going to be useless to fight this, isn't it? So far responses from my opened case are along the lines of:

- No, we don't really care that you didn't select it. All we know is that when liquidation is selected, liquidation is what happens. 

- But we have great news, you can prevent further liquidations by turning off this setting that you never selected in the first place! Will we turn it back on some time in the future? Maybe!

i had all the settings set to automatically return to me my unfulfillable inventory and they still destroyed it and have refused to reimburse me. According to the amazon t&c any unfulfillable item is not eligible for fba reimbursement so even though they acknowledge my settings were to return it and they should have returned it i have not had any luck getting reimbursed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, river41 said:

i had all the settings set to automatically return to me my unfulfillable inventory and they still destroyed it and have refused to reimburse me. According to the amazon t&c any unfulfillable item is not eligible for fba reimbursement so even though they acknowledge my settings were to return it and they should have returned it i have not had any luck getting reimbursed

Had the same problem, same result. I seriously hate Amazon sometimes. No clue how this is legal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HappyHawkeye said:

i am 100% fbm but i noticed this the other day when an item i fba'd last in 2018 (75034 battle packs) suddenly showed up in stranded fba inventory.  i haven't sent anything into fba in over 20 months.  so when i go to the page where i can have the set sent back to me it took me to a page showing that my default setting was set to disposal/liquidation.  wtf. i reset it back to the way it used to be.

this must be a system-wide glitch so might be worth it to check your own settings if you fba.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

i am 100% fbm but i noticed this the other day when an item i fba'd last in 2018 (75034 battle packs) suddenly showed up in stranded fba inventory.  i haven't sent anything into fba in over 20 months.  so when i go to the page where i can have the set sent back to me it took me to a page showing that my default setting was set to disposal/liquidation.  wtf. i reset it back to the way it used to be.
this must be a system-wide glitch so might be worth it to check your own settings if you fba.

Had a return from Xmas “customer damaged” and created a removal order about three weeks ago and got a message a few hours later say I’d canceled the removal order and they were going to dispose it. I never canceled anything and my settings are still set up to return items to me. Some glitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, HappyHawkeye said:

Question - it's going to be useless to fight this, isn't it?

Answer - yes, it was useless. After reopening my case several times after getting canned responses, they let me know that they "thoroughly" reviewed the case and determined that I had changed the setting to allow liquidations (I didn't) and that they would not respond to any further attempts to reopen the case. 🙄

1 hour ago, HappyHawkeye said:

Answer - yes, it was useless. After reopening my case several times after getting canned responses, they let me know that they "thoroughly" reviewed the case and determined that I had changed the setting to allow liquidations (I didn't) and that they would not respond to any further attempts to reopen the case. 🙄

One of the irritating parts from this whole thing was Amazon set the auto-liquidation option ON by default when they introduced it to the mass.  I had to manually uncheck the liquidation option last year.

Others may want to check and make sure these are set up the way you want in your accounts.

• Like 1

Another first time question. Had my first FBA return today. Amazon just sent me a vague email saying customer returned and they deducted my funds.

Couple questions:

- Can you see the reason why the buyer returned? Or is that not available?

- approximately when does the returned item appear back in inventory? I know it can either be deemed resellable or damaged but when does that happen? Do you get any notification that the product is back with them?

- does amazon ever just take one of the same items of inventory and send to buyer immediately for a replacement? I mysteriously now have 2 units missing and I don’t know if it’s correlated with the return

6 hours ago, scatttcat said:

Another first time question. Had my first FBA return today. Amazon just sent me a vague email saying customer returned and they deducted my funds.

Couple questions:

- approximately when does the returned item appear back in inventory? I know it can either be deemed resellable or damaged but when does that happen? Do you get any notification that the product is back with them?

- does amazon ever just take one of the same items of inventory and send to buyer immediately for a replacement? I mysteriously now have 2 units missing and I don’t know if it’s correlated with the return

yes.not sure.u cam see by checking orders. for replacememnt orders youll see a $0 under price sold

6 hours ago, scatttcat said:

Couple questions:

Sometimes the customer reason will be included in comments with the return, but often not. 

The returned item appears once it arrives and has been checked back into a FC. Sometimes this is a long, long time. It's condition is judged once it is accepted at the warehouse. Depending on the items value, you may want to create a removal order to carefully inspect the item before allowing it to be resold. 

Yes, Amazon can replace an item with one from your inventory. It all depends on what the customer asked for when processing the return (e.g. refund or replacement). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scatttcat said:

Couple questions:

The process used to be relatively quick but since Covid things go into limbo.

Customer reasons?  You will never know.  Yes, you may see the reason "selected".

Often times Amazon simply returns the items to you regardless.  I think it's just easier for a lazy employee to deem the item unsellable then put back into inventory.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

Sometimes the customer reason will be included in comments with the return, but often not. 

The returned item appears once it arrives and has been checked back into a FC. Sometimes this is a long, long time. It's condition is judged once it is accepted at the warehouse. Depending on the items value, you may want to create a removal order to carefully inspect the item before allowing it to be resold. 

What happens when you still have some inventory left for that returned ASIN?  If you ask for removal, would Amazon be able to pick the returned item out of the bunch and send it back to you?  I usually let Amazon put the item back to my inventory when they deem it good to resell, but your post got me thinking.

B084KJPZ6N Lego Easter Set

Was wondering why these were not moving.  Sellers have knocked the price down from $30 to $20 since they weren't.  It was searchable when I sent my products in and now it isn't.  Amazon's response is.

"On checking, we see that the ASIN is unsearchable because it is not assigned to a valid category browse node.  In order to proceed further, please provide the valid category browse node for the listing."

I've had this happen countless times but have never received this response.  They just fix it in the past.

Edited by gmpirate

3 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

Yes, Amazon can replace an item with one from your inventory. It all depends on what the customer asked for when processing the return (e.g. refund or replacement). 

1 hour ago, gmpirate said:

The process used to be relatively quick but since Covid things go into limbo.

Customer reasons?  You will never know.  Yes, you may see the reason "selected".

Often times Amazon simply returns the items to you regardless.  I think it's just easier for a lazy employee to deem the item unsellable then put back into inventory.

Thank you both for your help! One last question, how come inventory just decreases randomly without sales? I had about 10 of an item shown in FBA inventory, and now there is only 4 showing (but no sales). Is this them moving product around between warehouses?

11 minutes ago, scatttcat said:

Thank you both for your help! One last question, how come inventory just decreases randomly without sales? I had about 10 of an item shown in FBA inventory, and now there is only 4 showing (but no sales). Is this them moving product around between warehouses?

I cant speak for the US but in Europe that is the case. Your sets arrive in one FC and then are redisteibuted to different FC, after some time all articles can be sold and should be available in your inventory.

2 hours ago, scatttcat said:

One last question, how come inventory just decreases randomly without sales? I had about 10 of an item shown in FBA inventory, and now there is only 4 showing (but no sales). Is this them moving product around between warehouses?

or could be a case of...

az705044.vo.msecnd.net/20160726/shrinkage.png

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

What happens when you still have some inventory left for that returned ASIN?  If you ask for removal, would Amazon be able to pick the returned item out of the bunch and send it back to you?  I usually let Amazon put the item back to my inventory when they deem it good to resell, but your post got me thinking.

I dunno. I only do it for sets above $200 and basically switched to FBM since this most recent drama with FBA.

I dunno. I only do it for sets above $200 and basically switched to FBM since this most recent drama with FBA.

Do you still see a significant amount of purchases without the buy box? I feel like my product just sits when it’s FBM haha. Somehow feels like it moves slower than on eBay

31 minutes ago, scatttcat said:

Do you still see a significant amount of purchases without the buy box? I feel like my product just sits when it’s FBM haha. Somehow feels like it moves slower than on eBay

FBM gets buy box all the time.

FBM -> Professional Seller —> Free Shipping generally wins you the buy box if you price it right.

Hey all,

Is it safe to send in large sets to Amazon these days? I know for a while it was pretty perilous. Have the times improved any? I'm considering sending in 3 retired big box sets that are $800 plus each.  I'd list on ebay, but I got burned a few months ago.

3 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

Hey all,

Is it safe to send in large sets to Amazon these days? I know for a while it was pretty perilous. Have the times improved any? I'm considering sending in 3 retired big box sets that are $800 plus each.  I'd list on ebay, but I got burned a few months ago.

Personally I’d FBM those 

• Like 3