Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

14 hours ago, LegoBro said:

Hey all,

Is it safe to send in large sets to Amazon these days? I know for a while it was pretty perilous. Have the times improved any? I'm considering sending in 3 retired big box sets that are $800 plus each.  I'd list on ebay, but I got burned a few months ago.

Search the seller forums for "ELP1", and consider that scams from buyers are only one way to loose items via FBA. No way would I consider selling high-priced items FBA at this point, and I'm probably done with FBA altogether.

29 minutes ago, SpaceFan9 said:

Search the seller forums for "ELP1", and consider that scams from buyers are only one way to loose items via FBA. No way would I consider selling high-priced items FBA at this point, and I'm probably done with FBA altogether.

Basically, Amazon was late at ramping up an FC called ELP1, but their system already counted it as "live" and sent FBA shipments there.  Those inventory were stuck there since that FC was not ready to ship outbound 🤦‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Basically, Amazon was late at ramping up an FC called ELP1, but their system already counted it as "live" and sent FBA shipments there.  Those inventory were stuck there since that FC was not ready to ship outbound 🤦‍♂️

Correct, with the exception of your past-tense verbs.  I still have 18 units stranded there since late Nov.  Seller support has been zero-help.  "be patient" is their standard reply. 

• Sad 1

Me I would only do those $800 sets on ebay, one way to avoid issues with ebay is put in the title (As-is)

I have about 10 Disney castles sitting at the warehouse opened. From those nice Amazon buyers

Edited by chaozz
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, chaozz said:

Me I would only do those $800 sets on ebay, one way to avoid issues with ebay is put in the title (As-is)

I have about 10 Disney castles sitting at the warehouse opened. From those nice Amazon buyers

Yes that is the fun with FBA 

1 hour ago, chaozz said:

Me too. High buy it now with best offer. Best way to screen the buyer. If someone buys without an offer it's likely a scammer.

I have had some luck selling big sets on CL too. Prob need to be in a big city though. 

20 hours ago, LegoBro said:

Hey all,

Is it safe to send in large sets to Amazon these days? I know for a while it was pretty perilous. Have the times improved any? I'm considering sending in 3 retired big box sets that are $800 plus each.  I'd list on ebay, but I got burned a few months ago.

Looks like I'm in the minority, but these were my sales in December and January of $400+ sets.  I probably sold 100+ sets in the $200-$400 range.  Didn't have a single return.  Yet.  I try not to sell anything during the holidays that will reappear in the next couple months at retail;  that's just asking for a return.  My preference is to only sell things that will never return.  

21310 - $600 x2
21311 - $425
10232 - $430
10188 - $1095
10214 - $410
10234 - $595
10257 - $589 x2
75159 - $1400 x2
10247 - $590 x3

4 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

Looks like I'm in the minority, but these were my sales in December and January of $400+ sets.  I probably sold 100+ sets in the $200-$400 range.  Didn't have a single return.  Yet.  I try not to sell anything during the holidays that will reappear in the next couple months at retail;  that's just asking for a return.  My preference is to only sell things that will never return.  

21310 - $600 x2
21311 - $425
10232 - $430
10188 - $1095
10214 - $410
10234 - $595
10257 - $589 x2
75159 - $1400 x2
10247 - $590 x3

Do you pre box or bubble wrap or do anything to protect the sets that you send into FBA like that?

7 minutes ago, pharmjod said:

Do you pre box or bubble wrap or do anything to protect the sets that you send into FBA like that?

Nope.  Put them all in 24x24 boxes and shipped 'em.  Wasn't smart, but I was pressed for time.  If I would've had the factory boxes, I probably would've done what was suggested above and slapped a 'Do Not Open - Sold as a set' sticker on each of them.  Or at least written it if you don't have the stickers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loghamel said:

Nope.  Put them all in 24x24 boxes and shipped 'em.  Wasn't smart, but I was pressed for time.  If I would've had the factory boxes, I probably would've done what was suggested above and slapped a 'Do Not Open - Sold as a set' sticker on each of them.  Or at least written it if you don't have the stickers.

OMG that would cost a fortune to use 24x

oversize lego we have custom boxes made to fit exactly for like Great hall etc shipping is getting way to expensive, lucky we got hooked up with great smartpost rates.

6 hours ago, chaozz said:

OMG that would cost a fortune to use 24x

oversize lego we have custom boxes made to fit exactly for like Great hall etc shipping is getting way to expensive, lucky we got hooked up with great smartpost rates.

Not sure what a 'fortune' is, but it came out to $63 to send all of those in.  I'll take $5 each shipping on over-sized sets.

Nah.  I only do FBA.  And with these over-sized sets, they all get sent to the same FC, so I can cram them all in 24 cubes.

How many are you sending in at a time to get them to all go to one FC? All of my standard sized go to one FC if I’m sending more than 18 in, but my oversized always get split between three FCs regardless of how many I’m sending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, redcell said:

How many are you sending in at a time to get them to all go to one FC? All of my standard sized go to one FC if I’m sending more than 18 in, but my oversized always get split between three FCs regardless of how many I’m sending.

I usually don't send in sets that large, but I did this time.  That list is all of what I sent in and did so at one time.  They all went to the same FC.  

i sure hope this doesn't end.  getting discounts now on pretty much every item unless its going under 400 miles.  this one seemed particularly juicy going to ID from the east coast.   almost like a $5  scratcher now seeing how much off i'm going to get on shipping.  almost.

image.png.4b7c33842179926c1c7d80be3176bb9a.png

Edited by cladner
  • Like 4

Odd glitch. I’m trying to add some Funko Walgreens exclusives through the app and am prompted to “request approval” each time I scan a barcode. I go through each one and am auto approved based on selling history, but still cannot list. Waited 24 hours and the cycle repeats.

Is getting this a big deal? I havent sold this item in 2 years or so but i see in the email i got

What happens if I do not send the requested information?

If you do not take steps to address the policy violations and incur additional violations, your Amazon selling account may be deactivated.

Edited by Bricklectic

44 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Is getting this a big deal? I havent sold this item in 2 years or so but i see in the email i got

What happens if I do not send the requested information?

If you do not take steps to address the policy violations and incur additional violations, your Amazon selling account may be deactivated.

I've had one out there for over 6 months for something similar.  I'm not sure when they fall off. I haven't heard any follow-ups from it.

• Thanks 1