Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Five FBA orders cancelled in the last 10 days. three FBA orders are pending from two weeks ago! Amazon can't get their **** together and receive FC transfers quickly. I still have a return that needs to be shipped back to me from 6/2/21. Amazon also lost or damaged two of my returns that were marked "sellable" upon receiving them back from the customer and are now in researching limbo. 

Our own family Prime shipments are more delayed now than they were at the start of the pandemic in 2020. I don't get it. We were receiving orders in mid January in 2 days now we're looking at 5-7 days for an order to even be marked as shipped. I guess we know when Amazon laid off all of their holiday workers. 

15 hours ago, zmnnch said:

Have you folks seen the 2021 1099K in Amazon Tax document library? I have not seen one for 2021.

13 hours ago, Phil B said:

Nope ... not for me either:

image.thumb.png.e21ff21f40714b1f3598d07e68fc91dd.png

If you sold less than $20k or had fewer than 200 transactions on Amazon in 2021, then Amazon was not required to give you 1099k.  Otherwise, you need to contact Amazon as they should have provided those by 1/31.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

If you sold less than $20k or had fewer than 200 transactions on Amazon in 2021, then Amazon was not required to give you 1099k.  Otherwise, you need to contact Amazon as they should have provided those by 1/31.

354 sales since Feb. 2021 (I'm small time) but nothing in my Amazon tax library for 2021. 

10 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

A tad slower but it has been fine.  

I did notice a lot more undercutters, like 30%+ below average selling price.  I never understand why people price something for $25 when it can be sold for $40 just fine.

They first lower a little and then big guy undercuts them. rinse repeat. 

since they worry the big guy has 1 million of them, the only way to get a buy is to strongly undercut. ive done it myself on occasion when i really need to move something quick and want to avoid the price rematch wars

2 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

They first lower a little and then big guy undercuts them. rinse repeat. 

since they worry the big guy has 1 million of them, the only way to get a buy is to strongly undercut. ive done it myself on occasion when i really need to move something quick and want to avoid the price rematch wars

That is fine with me.  For the most part, the fewer competitors the better it goes for everyone. 

• Like 1

This FBA item sat in inactive status for 6 months, then they sent me the set with the face torn off, smelling like a full litter box. I'm highly allergic to cats and naturally I opened it on the kitchen table.

In unrelated news...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/jeff-bezos-pushed-dutch-port-city-to-dismantle-historic-bridge-now-residents-plan-to-egg-his-yacht/ar-AATGV4x
Bezos plans to sell eggs to throw at the yacht as soon as a reseller private-labels eggs and optimizes the listing for him to steal.e50975869b85cdddce2f0b72c940e49f.jpg

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, FM said:

In unrelated news...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/jeff-bezos-pushed-dutch-port-city-to-dismantle-historic-bridge-now-residents-plan-to-egg-his-yacht/ar-AATGV4x
Bezos plans to sell eggs to throw at the yacht as soon as a reseller private-labels eggs and optimizes the listing for him to steal.

I heard about this and thought probably a small bridge.  Then I saw the video of his yacht in that article.  It is as big as a small cruise line, of course it won't fit.  

Might as well sell the eggs to pay for the costs of cleaning.  I feel sorry for people who live near that bridge though.  If 4000 people are throwing just 2 eggs / person, that means 8000 rotten eggs.  That area is going to stink for a while. 

15 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I heard about this and thought probably a small bridge.  Then I saw the video of his yacht in that article.  It is as big as a small cruise line, of course it won't fit.  

Might as well sell the eggs to pay for the costs of cleaning.  I feel sorry for people who live near that bridge though.  If 4000 people are throwing just 2 eggs / person, that means 8000 rotten eggs.  That area is going to stink for a while. 

most peeps don't have rotten eggs laying around....I'd have to youtube how to "make" rotten eggs myself.

Advice needed:

Amazon is letting list on amazon Mexico.

I sold a few things and shipped them through DHL via amazon buy shipping.

Am I missing a catch? is there a high risk of lost packages? did amazon already bill customs to the buyer?
anyone who has experience and info to share would be greatly appreciated!

A little bit of good news to start your day.  Per Amazon forums, this comes up randomly on your Buy Shipping page.

Amazon Sponsored Discount is now available for shipping labels on Buy Shipping

We have launched Amazon Sponsored Discount for shipping labels purchased through Buy Shipping to support you in providing fast, on-time, and tracked products to customers. These discounts will be available for select reliable and faster ship methods.

When using Buy Shipping on Seller Central, you will see the shipping methods that are discounted with a blue badge that says Amazon Sponsored Discount with a discounted price next to it.

If you’re using Buy Shipping through Shipping Integrators that have Buy Shipping enabled, you will automatically see the discounted price.

If you are using APIs to use Buy Shipping, you have to call the Get Eligible Shipping Services API (GESS) to view the discounted prices.

The discount is given at Amazon’s discretion and might not be available for every shipment.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

A little bit of good news to start your day.  Per Amazon forums, this comes up randomly on your Buy Shipping page.

Amazon Sponsored Discount is now available for shipping labels on Buy Shipping

We have launched Amazon Sponsored Discount for shipping labels purchased through Buy Shipping to support you in providing fast, on-time, and tracked products to customers. These discounts will be available for select reliable and faster ship methods.

When using Buy Shipping on Seller Central, you will see the shipping methods that are discounted with a blue badge that says Amazon Sponsored Discount with a discounted price next to it.

If you’re using Buy Shipping through Shipping Integrators that have Buy Shipping enabled, you will automatically see the discounted price.

If you are using APIs to use Buy Shipping, you have to call the Get Eligible Shipping Services API (GESS) to view the discounted prices.

The discount is given at Amazon’s discretion and might not be available for every shipment.

I noticed a few discounts this weekend, but other shipping methods were still cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazon lost my inbound inventory that I shipped last December. Ups tracking indicated that it was delivered to their warehouse but the Amazon status is that the shipment is stuck at inbound for the past 4 months. I contacted seller support and they want supplier invoices. Am I **** out of luck?

Edited by pete411

7 minutes ago, pete411 said:

Amazon lost my inbound inventory that I shipped last December. Ups tracking indicated that it was delivered to their warehouse but the Amazon status is that the shipment is stuck at inbound for the past 4 months. I contacted seller support and they want supplier invoices. Am I **** out of luck?

No, retail invoices work for these kind of situations