Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

I don't do much FBM, so I'm not really sure how to handle this :

Package shipped USPS priority mail with postage purchased through Amazon. Tracking shows delivered but the customer said they don't have it. 

So, what now? I believe that Amazon offers me some protection since I bought the shipping directly through them, right? But, what is the process to handle this so I don't lose money? 

Thanks! 

52 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

I don't do much FBM, so I'm not really sure how to handle this :

Package shipped USPS priority mail with postage purchased through Amazon. Tracking shows delivered but the customer said they don't have it. 

So, what now? I believe that Amazon offers me some protection since I bought the shipping directly through them, right? But, what is the process to handle this so I don't lose money? 

Thanks! 

Tell them to ask for a refund through their order tab and select item not received as reason . You should be fine even if they open az 

On 12/16/2021 at 8:05 AM, Bold-Arrow said:

Unfortunately you cant , however it seems the $$ threshold is different from one seller to another. I need to manually refund anything over  $100. @Darth_Raichu said all of his orders are automatically refunded regardless of the $ amount 

This is no longer the case for me.  I had a $100+ return order that was NOT auto-deducted.  Not sure what changed or maybe there was a glitch that auto-refunded the $700 order in July

Guys watch out for UPS shipping bought through amazon. Even though they claim they will cover a to z claims - they don't. Even an appeal fails - stating the item has been returned and they uphold their decision - Morons don't read the appeal.

Short story- Shipped from VA to Staten Island, NY. Order placed 11/26 shipped the same day. Buyer refused shipment. But tracking shows address change requested and pkg heads to Redmond WA. Recipient moved trying to find address. Address found pkg heads to Amazon warehouse in Hebron, KY.

This is seller fulfilled and not FBA.

A to z claim granted. Appealed using bullet point to make it very clear. Denied stating package has been returned (wtf it was returned to amazon and not me)

Lost $$ and took a metric hit. Sorry guys had to vent.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, vasp said:

Guys watch out for UPS shipping bought through amazon. Even though they claim they will cover a to z claims - they don't. Even an appeal fails - stating the item has been returned and they uphold their decision - Morons don't read the appeal.

Short story- Shipped from VA to Staten Island, NY. Order placed 11/26 shipped the same day. Buyer refused shipment. But tracking shows address change requested and pkg heads to Redmond WA. Recipient moved trying to find address. Address found pkg heads to Amazon warehouse in Hebron, KY.

A to z claim granted. Appealed using bullet point to make it very clear. Denied stating package has been returned (wtf it was returned to amazon and not me)

there is a HUGE glitch in FBM refused delivery via UPS. They send back the package to Amazon and not seller. Got lubed pretty good on one order and was out of a significant amount of $ 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, vasp said:

i know this doesn't help you now but i've had same experience with many orders placed/shipped the same day.  even though it seems like the right thing to do, pretty much every time i send something out the same day i get the order, there is some nitpicky little issue that arises.  even though i have all my inventory for sale FBM on amazon already prepacked literally on a shelf ready to have a label slapped on it , i don't do it - i print out the label, then  i whisper "no good deed goes unpunished" and put the item back down until tomorrow.  

you may eventually get the item showing up in your FBA stranded stock.  i had that happen one time with a FBM return that went missing for 5 months.  of course it was not resellable once i got it back.

Edited by cladner

Amazon news: “In recent weeks, we’ve been able to further increase the restock limits for many sellers and intend to do the same for many more sellers early next year. We’re also excited to share that effective January 1, 2022, we’ll reduce the Inventory Performance Index (IPI) threshold for FBA storage limits to 400. With this IPI change, less than 10% of sellers will have storage volume limits.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

On 12/22/2021 at 8:06 AM, Mark Twain said:

Amazon news: “In recent weeks, we’ve been able to further increase the restock limits for many sellers and intend to do the same for many more sellers early next year. We’re also excited to share that effective January 1, 2022, we’ll reduce the Inventory Performance Index (IPI) threshold for FBA storage limits to 400. With this IPI change, less than 10% of sellers will have storage volume limits.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah fine whatever

Rejigger the inventory restock limits please

How’s everyone dealing with the liability insurance? I’m a small timer and I don’t even sell more than $5000 a month on Amazon, let alone $10k/month. But I received an email requesting me to submit liability insurance with $1 million dollar coverage.
It's a requirement. You deal with it by complying with the requirement.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2021 at 12:12 AM, Lego_Monsters said:

How’s everyone dealing with the liability insurance? I’m a small timer and I don’t even sell more than $5000 a month on Amazon, let alone $10k/month. But I received an email requesting me to submit liability insurance with $1 million dollar coverage.

have you got the liability insurance? any updates? I just got a notice from amazon as well for the insurance

Sold a Leibherr the other day for 575$. Was pumped till I saw the buyer is from alaska.]

As it was a PO Box i used USPS and dropped off at a USPS partner to save time waitin on line.

My bad. Now its been 4 days and its still hasnt tracked. Now im not worried aboout the delivery because Ive had this before with usps. But ive only sent 10 FBM's last 10 days and this will put me over the 4% late shipment rate. 

Question is, should i be quickly selling buncha stuff to dilute the metric and put me under 4%? Or since its just one item they wont suspend me. Thursday was my latest day to ship. Stangely, so far my late shipping rate is still showing 0% - im not sure if these things take a few days and im living on  borrowed time.

13 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Sold a Leibherr the other day for 575$. Was pumped till I saw the buyer is from alaska.]

As it was a PO Box i used USPS and dropped off at a USPS partner to save time waitin on line.

My bad. Now its been 4 days and its still hasnt tracked. Now im not worried aboout the delivery because Ive had this before with usps. But ive only sent 10 FBM's last 10 days and this will put me over the 4% late shipment rate. 

Question is, should i be quickly selling buncha stuff to dilute the metric and put me under 4%? Or since its just one item they wont suspend me. Thursday was my latest day to ship. Stangely, so far my late shipping rate is still showing 0% - im not sure if these things take a few days and im living on  borrowed time.

it will eventually show up on your metrics and look scary though if this is a one time issue and you are  not a new seller so most likely it is not going to be an issue (fingers crossed).

yes probably good to sell stuff quick.  go ahead and test toyplanet's repricer limits on something you have a ton of they are blocking you on and watch your sales fly.  it will feel good and metrics will improve.

this is america and you can choose to ship and sell how you want to.

personally, i would never ever drop off at USPS partner.  there is zero accountability - especially for a set that large and its not going anywhere over a weekend.  would be better to hold onto it and drop it off first thing monday morning.

second turn off PO box - i like to have options in choosing shipping.   USPS PRIORITY is never ever the cheapest option for shipping a large set unless its around the corner.   unless you are super desperate to unload everything fast, you're not missing out on many (any) highly profitable sales.

finally, here's the settings to ensure you never torch your margins FBM something over 15oz to Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico ever again. 

image.png.1fe4967dfe37669bad1f80d81beedc6e.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

My settings weren't set right and was being charged expedited shipping on a few listings.  Contacted support and they said they would get back in a few days.  They actually got back to me the next morning (although they didn't really explain anything).  Bit the bullet and shipped everything out that day but all were one day late.  Have had this on my seller page for over a week now.  I'm not big on FBM so it hit me hard but no consequences yet.

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 3.58.46 PM.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cladner said:

it will eventually show up on your metrics and look scary though if this is a one time issue and you are  not a new seller so most likely it is not going to be an issue (fingers crossed).

yes probably good to sell stuff quick.  go ahead and test toyplanet's repricer limits on something you have a ton of they are blocking you on and watch your sales fly.  it will feel good and metrics will improve.

this is america and you can choose to ship and sell how you want to.

personally, i would never ever drop off at USPS partner.  there is zero accountability - especially for a set that large and its not going anywhere over a weekend.  would be better to hold onto it and drop it off first thing monday morning.

second turn off PO box - i like to have options in choosing shipping.   USPS PRIORITY is never ever the cheapest option for shipping a large set unless its around the corner.   unless you are super desperate to unload everything fast, you're not missing out on many (any) highly profitable sales.

finally, here's the settings to ensure you never torch your margins FBM something over 15oz to Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico ever again. 

image.png.1fe4967dfe37669bad1f80d81beedc6e.png

Thanks! Oddly I cannot edit my shipping settings:

image.thumb.png.39544215905817de1313bb84594b4d0d.png

If I WERE to get suspended - would it be just my FBM privilege's or does the whole ship go down.

25 minutes ago, cladner said:

You can go to Region Settings on each shipping profile and turn off shipping to those regions. Basically setting that profile to only ship to 48 contiguous States.

15 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Thanks! Oddly I cannot edit my shipping settings:

image.thumb.png.39544215905817de1313bb84594b4d0d.png

Those might be available only on Pro account.  If you have a Pro account then that message to upgrade your account does not make sense.

13 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

You can go to Region Settings on each shipping profile and turn off shipping to those regions. Basically setting that profile to only ship to 48 contiguous States.

Those might be available only on Pro account.  If you have a Pro account then that message to upgrade your account does not make sense.

i recently upgraded to pro about a month ago. either its that or theyre algos picked up on my late rate. gunna set up a fire sale now :( .

57 minutes ago, cladner said:

couldnt agree more, i was lazy but this has happened to me before, i should have known better, USPS sux at scanning.