Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

1 minute ago, gmpirate said:

I mainly use FBM for opportunistic sales when its too late for FBA.  Seems to me FBM is more a control thing for people.  I get the screwups by Amazon with FBA and scams, but it seems time saved makes up for all that with FBA.  Don't know if I'm right but its my impression anyway.

Holy Crap!  Speaking of opportunistic sales, T2 is going for almost $300 right now.  Also never realized the RRP is $180.

FBM is safer than FBA provided one knows the rules inside out otherwise it is easy to get screwed with AZ claims and refunds 

4 minutes ago, carini26 said:

Latest fun game is seeing how many orders go through before TP sees it and drops price further.  They've done fantastic job murdering the Jurassic World line this Christmas.

Yah, not just JW...I had a max of 4 items for anything I sent in this year, and yet I could sneak in 2 sales and then still get undercut. I get that their business model is to own the buy box to sell through high volume, but if I have 1-2 items left of a set with a high sales rate they might as well let me get those sales in and let the price rebound back. 

I have given up on 10758, they still have over 300 left on that listing... 

13 minutes ago, legorunner said:

Yah, not just JW...I had a max of 4 items for anything I sent in this year, and yet I could sneak in 2 sales and then still get undercut. I get that their business model is to own the buy box to sell through high volume, but if I have 1-2 items left of a set with a high sales rate they might as well let me get those sales in and let the price rebound back. 

I have given up on 10758, they still have over 300 left on that listing... 

i was selling 10758 from May - August for $114.99.   i could go on and on.  the only set that is selling much more from the summer is hp quidditch match - that set is appreciating quickly now.

i was selling trex mech battles for $249 in august now under $200.  unless you have an ton of crap to move,  the holidays are the worst time to sell due to increased fees/shipping cost and increased return percentage and exploding sellers coming out of hibernation (hopefully go back soon). 

for me the holidays are time to unload the 75% off clearance and the duds.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, cladner said:

i was selling 10758 from May - August for $114.99.   i could go on and on.  the only set that is selling much more from the summer is hp quidditch match - that set is appreciating quickly now.

i was selling trex mech battles for $249 in august now under $200.  unless you have an ton of crap to move,  the holidays are the worst time to sell due to increased fees/shipping cost and increased return percentage and exploding sellers coming out of hibernation (hopefully go back soon). 

for me the holidays are time to unload the 75% off clearance and the duds.

x1000. been saying this for a while q4 is only good for volume.

2 minutes ago, yyyybird said:

any one know GEEKBOX, are they selling legit lego product. I am asking since one customer wants to return a big set bought FBM from me , claiming he found a better price on geekbox.

Don't know them, but just looked them up and this is another The Hut Group site, basically the same as iwoot and zavvi (mygeekbox.us).

any suggestions is appreciated:

congrats on finding a better price. Just a friendly reminder, Geekbox is UK based company, it may take even months for the item to be delivered. There is also a bigger chance you will receive a damaged/crushed box.

6 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

And other lines.  They are killing me on some of my higher volume listings 

TP buy low from ebay and drop ship?

• Like 1

congrats on finding a better price. Just a friendly reminder, Geekbox is UK based company, it may take even months for the item to be delivered. There is also a bigger chance you will receive a damaged/crushed box.

Offer to reimburse the difference to his or her lower price from Geekbox then you will see if the return is seriously about a lower price or pretext.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, brickology101 said:

Offer to reimburse the difference to his or her lower price from Geekbox then you will see if the return is seriously about a lower price or pretext.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the gap is huge, about 30% lower (as he claimed), but now the set seems poof on geekbox, and I have no idea what is the list price on geekbox

18 minutes ago, yyyybird said:

I would NEVER send out such a message. Too much emotion. 

Just reply that you offer to refund $x, with $x being an amount you are comfortable with that is on par with the return shipment cost, plus a little extra. Like @brickology101 said.

• Like 1

great, points taken. how about now😀

We want to keep our customers as satisfied as possible however, we can not beat geekbox price.  We can either

1)      accept your return, shipping label will be provided, once the set is received, you will receive a full refund if box is unopened/unused, otherwise a restocking fee up to 40% will be deducted from your refund

2)      Or we can issue a partial refund of $40  for you to keep this set

24 minutes ago, yyyybird said:

great, points taken. how about now😀

We want to keep our customers as satisfied as possible however, we can not beat geekbox price.  We can either

1)      accept your return, shipping label will be provided, once the set is received, you will receive a full refund if box is unopened/unused, otherwise a restocking fee up to 40% will be deducted from your refund

2)      Or we can issue a partial refund of $40  for you to keep this set

eek.  a novel.  so many words. 

how about telling them to return it if they are not happy with the price. found better price is an option.  at this point in the season the axis is time, not price.  deduct the shipping cost.  hopefully no damage.  catering to this kind of bs just invites further scamming as you get along into this transactions rabbit hole.  i've been selling on amazon since 2013 and never been asked this type of crap - this is ebay stuff.  last time i checked, there was no bidding or haggling on amazon.

take the small l before it turns into a big L.  this is last minute bargaining tactic from a late and lazy "bargain hunter".  you give  'em a discount, then there's something else wrong.  just have them return it, ding them for whatever and be done with this crap.  i'm guessing they'll just back down.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cladner said:

eek.  a novel.  so many words. 

how about telling them to return it if they are not happy with the price. found better price is an option.  at this point in the season the axis is time, not price.  deduct the shipping cost.  hopefully no damage.  catering to this kind of bs just invites further scamming as you get along into this transactions rabbit hole.  i've been selling on amazon since 2013 and never been asked this type of crap - this is ebay stuff.  last time i checked, there was no bidding or haggling on amazon.

take the small l before it turns into a big L.  this is last minute bargaining tactic from a late and lazy "bargain hunter".  you give  'em a discount, then there's something else wrong.  just have them return it, ding them for whatever and be done with this crap.  i'm guessing they'll just back down.

can you share your reply template? last time, i dealed with the claim for box damage, now it is lower price somewhere else. Both for big sets. People can afford big sets like to bargain.

FBM Shipping Template Update:

So, to recap my shipping template is for UPS Ground only.  An "increasing" amount of orders are only showing 3 Day Select, Next Day Air or even Fedex.  Ground is not even an option.  @cladner suggested its just a glitch and to F5, wait 30 minutes to an hour and it should be good.  Well its not happening.  I think out of 12 or 13 FBM orders today I have 5 that I cannot ship because they are set to expensive shipping which I have not set for.

Just spoke with Customer Support which of course was no help.  She just repeats what I already know, yada, yada, yada.  The resolution is to escalate the case and I will hear back in 2 - 3 business days.  She suggested I contact the current buyers and inform them of the issue so that they may cancel the order on their end.  For the life of me I just cannot think of what could possibly be over-riding my shipping settings. 

1 hour ago, gmpirate said:

FBM Shipping Template Update:

So, to recap my shipping template is for UPS Ground only.  An "increasing" amount of orders are only showing 3 Day Select, Next Day Air or even Fedex.  Ground is not even an option.  @cladner suggested its just a glitch and to F5, wait 30 minutes to an hour and it should be good.  Well its not happening.  I think out of 12 or 13 FBM orders today I have 5 that I cannot ship because they are set to expensive shipping which I have not set for.

Just spoke with Customer Support which of course was no help.  She just repeats what I already know, yada, yada, yada.  The resolution is to escalate the case and I will hear back in 2 - 3 business days.  She suggested I contact the current buyers and inform them of the issue so that they may cancel the order on their end.  For the life of me I just cannot think of what could possibly be over-riding my shipping settings. 

This happened to me as well. I just manually printed out UPS ground labels through my account 😕 I'll create cases after Christmas to fight the bullshit "late" arrivals.

What I believe happens:
On the shipping settings page Amazon has a default for "2 day shipping" order before 2pm. I think it automatically assigns some locations a 2 day timeline, "assuming" you ship it out that day you can get ground shipping there in time to meet that criteria. If you take a day to prepare the orders you fall outside that designated "2 day shipping assignment" with ground. Normally this isn't a big deal  however Amazon has assigned your shipment as a "2 day fulfillment" thus you are committed to meeting the commitment Amazon made to the customer.

I've only had it happen for orders that had been placed the day prior. Anything i ship out day-of has had access to ground.

8 hours ago, yyyybird said:

any one know GEEKBOX, are they selling legit lego product. I am asking since one customer wants to return a big set bought FBM from me , claiming he found a better price on geekbox.

Accept the return , nothing else is needed at this point . Buyer pays shippings , charge restocking if needed once item is returned 

• Like 1