Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

3 minutes ago, landphieran said:

You should definitely pay your taxes. Bezos isn't a villain, its all the lazy people using its system to get products. Most of my friends think Bezos is the worst baddie in existence however they all purchase things from Amazon soooo 🙈

There is a tiny bar above that, that says restock limits. It should have a number of units. I got rekt by it this year. Hadn't sold most of the year only to find out a week before hand my limit was 1/5th what i needed 😕

That one says 1000 units Im more than happy with that!!!!

But can I really send 1k units in now seems to good to be true

6 minutes ago, landphieran said:

You should definitely pay your taxes. Bezos isn't a villain, its all the lazy people using its system to get products. Most of my friends think Bezos is the worst baddie in existence however they all purchase things from Amazon soooo 🙈

Tell Bezos to pay his taxes. He literally looks like Dr. Evil.  Quit being an apologist. He hired William Shatner to promote his phoney “space” flights. 

Edited by Mathew

3 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Tell Bezos to pay his taxes. He literally looks like Dr. Evil.  Quit being an apologist. 

All people who complain about Bezos should stop using any and all Amazon offerings.  Otherwise, they are the same as those people who complain about child labor being used in China yet still use Apple products :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Tell Bezos to pay his taxes. He literally looks like Dr. Evil.  Quit being an apologist. He hired William Shatner to promote his phoney “space” flights. 

Dude created an empire that revolutionized internet retail and now the internet with AWS.

He deserves every share of the stock he has, as much as every other public business owner out there. Complain about all of them if corporate stock structures bother you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

All people who complain about Bezos should stop using any and all Amazon offerings.  Otherwise, they are the same as those people who complain about child labor being used in China yet still use Apple products :D

As a consumer there are few options left. Its all the same poison. 

10 minutes ago, landphieran said:

Dude created an empire that revolutionized internet retail and now the internet with AWS.

He deserves every share of the stock he has, as much as every other public business owner out there. Complain about all of them if corporate stock structures bother you.

yes, don't blame the player...blame the game

24 minutes ago, landphieran said:

There is a tiny bar above that, that says restock limits. It should have a number of units. I got rekt by it this year. Hadn't sold most of the year only to find out a week before hand my limit was 1/5th what i needed 😕

Both things can be correct. We are all lazy and enable Bezos. On the other hand, Amazon's behavior isn't the nicest, to put it mildly. And if US antitrust laws had bite, Amazon (and others) would be in a lot more trouble.

As for the 1099k: I agree you should pay your taxes but Mathew's case still shows why the $600 threshold is bs. If you do a garage sale through Ebay, you'll get a form. You won't owe anything (because you sold used crap for less than what you paid for it) but it's paperwork for sellers and an underfunded IRS. And even if you sell $600 of brand new Lego, how high are your profits after Ebay fees, buy-in and possibly storage? Keep in mind that the $600 includes sales tax and shipping, so really $400-450 in revenue for you. All this for $100 in taxes? Threshold should be $6000 or maybe $3000.

Amazon and most successful corporations operate within the laws written by the people our ancestors or ourselves elected. If you don't like the laws, advocate for policy change, attacking leaders of corporations is misguided.

Unless you are attacking the CEO's of Volkswagen. **** those guys, they are convicted defrauding criminals and deserve to be shut down. The corporation is also built on Nazi money, so **** them.

10 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

And even if you sell $600 of brand new Lego, how high are your profits after Ebay fees, buy-in and possibly storage? Keep in mind that the $600 includes sales tax and shipping, so really $400-450 in revenue for you. All this for $100 in taxes? Threshold should be $6000 or maybe $3000.

Bingo. I don’t run an eBay business. At this point I sell mostly used stuff to buy something else. It’s redundant to tax the little guy who is actually pumping money back into the economy. 

6 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Bingo. I don’t run an eBay business. At this point I sell mostly used stuff to buy something else. It’s redundant to tax the little guy who is actually pumping money back into the economy. 

You don't owe any tax if the cost of the sold items are lower than the purchase amount. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, landphieran said:

Amazon and most successful corporations operate within the laws written by the people our ancestors or ourselves elected. If you don't like the laws, advocate for policy change, attacking leaders of corporations is misguided.

Unless you are attacking the CEO's of Volkswagen. **** those guys, they are convicted defrauding criminals and deserve to be shut down. The corporation is also built on Nazi money, so **** them.

Most laws are written rather broadly, otherwise you will have to constantly write new laws to deal with new situations. Instead, our laws are written to give the executive and the bureaucracy a lot of leeway. You see that because each administration in DC changes policy without any laws actually being passed. The problem is that it creates a lot of grey areas where lobbying goes a long way. Also, US antitrust law is terribly outdated. It's all pre-internet, so concepts like platforms and network effects are foreign.

12 minutes ago, landphieran said:

So again why am I paying more in federal taxes than Jeff Bezos?  Also explain how the plandemic making billionaires like Bozos almost two trillion richer while destroying small businesses is somehow a positive?

Edited by Mathew

3 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

But you still have to do the paperwork because there is a 1099. If there were no 1099, your life would be a lot easier.

Right. Smart guy here. I actually have a 1099 business that is totally separate from cleaning out my basement on eBay. Dum Dums who promote the “Just pay your taxes” think that I don’t. We owe the IRS every year. 

2 hours ago, Mathew said:

So again why am I paying more in federal taxes than Jeff Bezos?  Also explain how the plandemic making billionaires like Bozos almost two trillion richer while destroying small businesses is somehow a positive?

Because big cooperations have the money to pay people who organzise a way around. For the most of us that concept does not work because the people you have to pay to make it work are more expensive than you earn.

In that context I am amazed by Biontech, which is a stock listed company and actually pays all his taxes in Germany. With the "right" company structure they could have saved a few billions. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sozial said:

Because big cooperations have the money to pay people who organzise a way around. For the most of us that concept does not work because the people you have to pay to make it work are more expensive than you earn.

In that context I am amazed by Biontech, which is a stock listed company and actually pays all his taxes in Germany. With the "right" company structure they could have saved a few billions. 

Or because the tax code caters to these companies. When you make a lot of money, you have a lot of money to influence those that can help change tax code in your favor.

• Like 2

Anyone have advice or reference for setting up FBM Shipping settings?  I'm mainly FBA and just recently started doing FBM (its been awhile).

I setup FREE shipping but I'm getting killed on 1 or 3 day shipping.  I tried to modify settings but the outcome is confusing.  I only selected UPS and yet I had one order show USPS as the shipping method for an order.  Then I created another template that only offered ground but 3 Day Select still came through with a couple orders.  Then I put fees in for 2 and 3 day shipping -- 19.99 and 29.99 but when I put the items in the cart the fee says 14.21.

12 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Anyone have advice or reference for setting up FBM Shipping settings?  I'm mainly FBA and just recently started doing FBM (its been awhile).

I setup FREE shipping but I'm getting killed on 1 or 3 day shipping.  I tried to modify settings but the outcome is confusing.  I only selected UPS and yet I had one order show USPS as the shipping method for an order.  Then I created another template that only offered ground but 3 Day Select still came through with a couple orders.  Then I put fees in for 2 and 3 day shipping -- 19.99 and 29.99 but when I put the items in the cart the fee says 14.21.

something like this should work for you . are you charging per unit or weight?

shipping.jpg

This is what I have right now.  I assume "Economy" is for USPS and so I don't have the option.  I deselected PO Boxes since UPS does not deliver there.  Transit time?  Mine shows Amazon automatically figures.  I'm not offering 3 Day Select, 2 Day, 1 Day, etc because I don't know how to charge appropriately.

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 9.41.20 AM.png

Edited by gmpirate

5 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

This is what I have right now.  I assume "Economy" is for USPS and so I don't have the option.  I deselected PO Boxes since UPS does not deliver there.  Transit time?  Mine shows Amazon automatically figures.  I'm not offering 3 Day Select, 2 Day, 1 Day, etc because I don't know how to charge appropriately.

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 9.41.20 AM.png

You probably have the automated calculation on that’s why .