Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

While I’m sure seller central will come back online at some point, can you imagine what it’s like in the warehouses right now since their fulfillment software went down as well? I can’t imagine how they’re going to be able to manage to make up this amount of lost time during peak holiday buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mark Twain said:

While I’m sure seller central will come back online at some point, can you imagine what it’s like in the warehouses right now since their fulfillment software went down as well? I can’t imagine how they’re going to be able to manage to make up this amount of lost time during peak holiday buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems to have given the folks in FTW5 time today to finally receive my freight shipment that has been sitting around for 3 weeks.

2 hours ago, waxwing said:

I sold a Pet Store for over $400 with loads of sellers ahead of me in the price line, and it wasn't in the buy box.  That seems weird.  Anyone know why people pay way more sometimes?  Hoping to avoid shipping this to a scammer or get a return on a huge shipment.

It should be fine , i get those often and never any issues . They were probably browsing your store.

by fine I mean nothing outside the norm of any other order on Amazon 

4 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

It should be fine , i get those often and never any issues . They were probably browsing your store.

by fine I mean nothing outside the norm of any other order on Amazon 

OK, thanks.  Definitely not complaining about getting decent money on that turd.  I'll wait till the end of the day to ship, give him time to cancel if he drunk bought it or something.

2 hours ago, waxwing said:

I sold a Pet Store for over $400 with loads of sellers ahead of me in the price line, and it wasn't in the buy box.  That seems weird.  Anyone know why people pay way more sometimes?  Hoping to avoid shipping this to a scammer or get a return on a huge shipment.

congratulations!

when i look carefully under the pet shop seller list, i see most of the lower priced sellers have the set arriving in after christmas, even into january.  haven't optimized their settings.  only the nitpicky bargain hunters shop from these folks lol.

if you look to see what the earliest you could get it either free shipping or FBA - dec 13 - the price is $399.99.  so maybe you had your shipping settings optimized and your listing was showing it would arrive quickest.  on amazon, there is always the delivery time axis to compete on and this time of year is when FBM can flex on price because i have the item already packed ready to slap a label and drop off at ups.  i know it seems  stupid to pay $50 more to get  it a day sooner but this is the world we live in. sure you could get it for less and pay for shipping by that date but that requires math and i've found that people prefer to not have to add.

19 minutes ago, cladner said:

congratulations!

when i look carefully under the pet shop seller list, i see most of the lower priced sellers have the set arriving in after christmas, even into january.  haven't optimized their settings.  only the nitpicky bargain hunters shop from these folks lol.

if you look to see what the earliest you could get it either free shipping or FBA - dec 13 - the price is $399.99.  so maybe you had your shipping settings optimized and your listing was showing it would arrive quickest.  on amazon, there is always the delivery time axis to compete on and this time of year is when FBM can flex on price because i have the item already packed ready to slap a label and drop off at ups.  i know it seems  stupid to pay $50 more to get  it a day sooner but this is the world we live in. sure you could get it for less and pay for shipping by that date but that requires math and i've found that people prefer to not have to add.

Ahhh.  Good call.  I have to ship it to TX from VT, better get it out.  It'd be cool if they could optimize sellers that are closer to your locality.  I'd be happy to give a discount to "locals" rather than shipping across country all the time.

Anywho.  Thanks for the detective work!  Good luck this season.

4 minutes ago, waxwing said:

It'd be cool if they could optimize sellers that are closer to your locality.  I'd be happy to give a discount to "locals" rather than shipping across country all the time.

Anywho.  Thanks for the detective work!  Good luck this season.

They do, you can optimize it in your shipping setting 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ISO8T0 said:
11 hours ago, redcell said:
It seems to have given the folks in FTW5 time today to finally receive my freight shipment that has been sitting around for 3 weeks.

Ouch. How many pallets...?

Just 3, but it was all oversized and tied up a big chunk of my restock limit.

UPS still isn't getting signatures despite collecting a hefty fee from their customers for this "service" and I don't think Fedex has been doing this with any consistency. The Post Office might hold your package but who wants to wait in line to collect a parcel this time of year? That could be a potentially frustrating experience for the customer or just lead to a bunch of items returned to sender after the holidays.

Edited by zskid00

35 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

UPS still isn't getting signatures despite collecting a hefty fee from their customers for this "service" and I don't think Fedex has been doing this with any consistency. The Post Office might hold your package but who wants to wait in line to collect a parcel this time of year? That could be a potentially frustrating experience for the customer or just lead to a bunch of items returned to sender after the holidays.

FedEx didn't even try to get a signature for a wine delivery last week for me. It was an "Adult Signature Required" shipment. Laughably, their website says that they will introduce ID scanning for such shipments in 2022 (Amazon Fresh has done this before, in my experience).

It is great to see that Amazon is finally flagging "high risk" buyers, and hopefully that will lead to a perm ban for said scammers. 

I said this before, but I would highly encourage reporting suspected scammers to Amazon and it takes a min  .

I have this link bookmarked https://sellercentral.amazon.com/abuse-submission/index.html

Just don't abuse it to report orders that come back damaged or whatnot. I usually report it when someone return wrong set, have expensive elements removed, that kind of thing; otherwise the reporting will soon become  worthless. 

• Like 2

Probably off topic but F eBay for sending me a 1099 this year for cleaning out my basement. I sold maybe two Lego sets year the rest was garage sale level. F Bezos too. Asshat faking space missions using billions he sucked from small businesses. 

Edited by Mathew

5 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Probably off topic but F eBay for sending me a 1099 this year for cleaning out my basement. I sold maybe two Lego sets year the rest was garage sale level. F Bezos too. Asshat faking space missions using billions he sucked from small businesses. 

???

how is ebay at fault that you made sales over 20k ?

btw next year is $600 instead of 20k 

Edited by nick625
addition
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mathew said:

You should definitely pay your taxes. Bezos isn't a villain, its all the lazy people using its system to get products. Most of my friends think Bezos is the worst baddie in existence however they all purchase things from Amazon soooo 🙈

Just now, Bricklectic said:

Finally upgraded from individual to professional after being scared of for over a year now. Worked automatically. Am so relieved at my new storage limits, but does this make any sense, it says unlimited?

image.png.c4b98d5bd06607def6a80aba6524eb26.png

There is a tiny bar above that, that says restock limits. It should have a number of units. I got rekt by it this year. Hadn't sold most of the year only to find out a week before hand my limit was 1/5th what i needed 😕

• Like 1